How do I know if I am a psychic ?

How do I know if I am a psychic or that I know that I have psychic powers ?

By accepting there is no such thing.

If you’re psychic, I’m really a Betazoid.

You look up all the empirical evidence to support the existence of psychic powers and then compare that to your case to see if it matches. Given that there is no empirical evidence to support psychic powers, or any form of magical thinking, you can conclude that you are not psychic with a fair degree of certainty.

I hope someday there would be some way one can make certain one has the powers or not .

One doesn’t have to be certain. Nearly every psychic when challenged as to the authenticity of their powers has either backed down or made some excuse:

I hope someday there would be some way one can make certain one has the powers or not .
What don't you like about all the testing and attempts that have happened over the last 50 years? Seems like if someone was psychic, they could have just made a few predictions and been right more often than chance. Has that happened to you?

It’s amazing how every miraculous phenomenon that has ever existed is just now being discovered and needs addressing… :slight_smile:

As if no one has ever heard of empathy, a rcognized psychic ability, which most people possess.

Yes , empathy is there . I know many people who can listen to when you think loudly .

Everyone has empathy, it’s just it’s more developed in some than others.

Empathy is a lie though as we cannot truly understand or share in the feelings of another. All we do is try to imagine and fabricate as best we can but in the end it’s not true, not entirely or at some times even at all.

Xian, you are obviously not a parent. I knew everytime my sons had an ear infection because my ear hurt. I didn’t know they had an ear infection, but I didn’t have have one. Yet, when I took them to the doctor, they indeed had an ear infection. The list goes on, but that’s one thing pointing to empathy and it’s hardly a lie. Your idea of empathy is much like your cute- highly inaccurate and illogical.

My cute is based on the science behind it, and what you fail to grasp is that it’s your imagination. I would hardly call you anecdote proof. If anything it just shows that empathy is little more than imagination.

Being psychic is imagination, but empathy isn’t. Empathy is quite real and without it, people wouldn’t be as caring of others, especially their own children. Science shows that it’s empathy that helps with child care. On the other hand, there is very little research on cuteness.

Cuteness is part of that empathy but people don’t seem to get that it’s still just imagination. No matter what people tell me they haven’t “been there” because they are not me.

I still say you are looking at things backwards, Xian. Your view is so fatalistic and not at all in keeping with survival. One can literally use their cuteness to pick up a cute guy or vise versa. The way one uses their looks has a lot to do with survival. If we didn’t empathize, then offspring would not survival and perpetuate the species. Empathy and cuteness have a lot to do with survival and as I said before if one ignored cuteness of a baby needing food and did not empathize with its hunger than they are the uncaring monster who doesn’t respond to nature’s way of perpetuating the species. Cuteness and empathy is all built into the majority of species in order to survive (there are species who are exceptions, like many reptiles). Cuteness can manipulate, in a good way, others to get what is needed, whether it is food or a mate or something else needed and empathy helps in the response to cuteness. Various species cannot survive without these (and other) traits.

Xain said; Empathy is a lie though as we cannot truly understand or share in the feelings of another. All we do is try to imagine and fabricate as best we can but in the end it’s not true, not entirely or at some times even at all.
Clearly you do not understand what empathy means. Your attempts to discredit Science in favor of some obscure psychological fantasy speaks volumes about you, not about the science you seek to discredit.

You are a Nihilist, plain and simple. But nihilism is not a valid way of looking at the Universe. It’s more of a self delusion, the very thing you accuse others of.

Nihilism

Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ(h)ɪlɪzəm, ˈniː-/; ) is the point of view, or philosophy, antithetical to the reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not exist at all. Nihilism may also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or reality does not actually exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Nihilist seems to fit you accurately, from every word you have uttered so far.

I still say you are looking at things backwards, Xian. Your view is so fatalistic and not at all in keeping with survival. One can literally use their cuteness to pick up a cute guy or vise versa. The way one uses their looks has a lot to do with survival. If we didn’t empathize, then offspring would not survival and perpetuate the species. Empathy and cuteness have a lot to do with survival and as I said before if one ignored cuteness of a baby needing food and did not empathize with its hunger than they are the uncaring monster who doesn’t respond to nature’s way of perpetuating the species. Cuteness and empathy is all built into the majority of species in order to survive (there are species who are exceptions, like many reptiles). Cuteness can manipulate, in a good way, others to get what is needed, whether it is food or a mate or something else needed and empathy helps in the response to cuteness. Various species cannot survive without these (and other) traits.
Im not, there is a reason finding things cute is human. Most other animals can function on their own. But the subject that is “cute” is still weak because they are entirely dependent on others for aid. You only survive through cuteness because the culture looks down on those who don’t respond to helpless creatures.
Clearly you do not understand what empathy means. Your attempts to discredit Science in favor of some obscure psychological fantasy speaks volumes about you, not about the science you seek to discredit.

You are a Nihilist, plain and simple. But nihilism is not a valid way of looking at the Universe. It’s more of a self delusion, the very thing you accuse others of.

Except I do which is why I can understand why it’s a lie. No one can truly understand the pain of another, they are just a person on the shore watching you flounder at sea.

And nihilism is really the only valid way to look at existence because it is the truth of existence. Anything else would just be lying to ourselves. When people glimpse the void they do whatever they can to forget it.