Hot tips for advanced forum users

I’ll keep adding things I find to this post, and pin it to the top.

Maybe bring some of the ones discussed so far into here. If you start arguing about my font choice or something, I might just have to delete your post. :crazy_face: I’ll keep adding things I find to this post.

Maybe bring some of the ones discussed so far into here. If you start arguing about my font choice or something, I might just have to delete your post. :

It says you can “unpin” this in your view. If there is a wrench icon at the top of this thread for you, try that. Let me know.

1 Like

GO TO Main List of ALL Forums

Just click on the cfiFORUMS logo in the upper left!!

Tutorial

To take your own tutorial, you should have received a message from an automated helper, named discobot. Go your messages and text
@discobot start advanced tutorial
to it.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Search

There is an extensive search engine. Click Here.

HTML

You can use some HTML. Try this out for example:
<s>put your strikethrough text here</s>

I learned this one in the tutorial but just noticed it in the icons that come up when I click on my user icon.

Bookmarking a post

Have you ever just read a post, and you know you want to get back to it, but then you scroll away and forget where it was??

Hit the three dots on the bottom of the post, by the link and the edit icons, and use the bookmark. When you want to find it, expand your user list (your avatar in upper right), there are four icons there; notices of recent posts, bookmarks, messages, and your account.

1 Like

Stumbled on this one, about how to

Search within your posts

I knew the topic I had started a while back, but couldn’t remember where I put it. I went to my account, activity, and put a word in the spyglass search at the top. It offered to search for that word within "posts by lausten. Nice.

1 Like