AI / Machine Learning: Q no longer Anon

QAnon founder may have been identified thanks to machine learning

The two teams of Swiss and French researchers used different methodologies to come to the same conclusion.
The Swiss one … used software to break down Q’s missives into patterns of three-character sequences. They then tracked how often those sequences repeated
The French team, meanwhile, trained an AI to look for patterns in Q’s writing.

Their findings: A South African software developer, and an Arizona wannabe politician.

AI and Machine learning are really moving things along.
I think I heard that was what was behind the rapid development of the COVID vaccine.
And Xenobots

Very interesting, but i ma not sure it will have any effect.

He can deny it, which is what conspiracists love. It could slow him down.

The NSA uses this technique also.
It is called “Large Number of Rare Events” distribution ( LNRE), and is used in determining authorship of writings, also known as Poisson Distribution in physics and biology.

With help from machine learning software, computer scientists may have unmasked the identity of Q, the founder of the QAnon movement. In a sprawling report published on Saturday, The New York Times shared the findings of two independent teams of forensic linguists who claim they’ve identified Paul Furber, a South African software developer who was one of the first to draw attention to the conspiracy theory, as the original writer behind Q.

They say Arizona congressional candidate Ron Watkins also wrote under the pseudonym, first by collaborating with Furber and then later taking over the account when it eventually moved to post on his father’s 8chan message board. …

Among all the other possible authors they put through the test, they say the writing of Furber and Watkins stood out the most for how similar it was that of Q’s.

And they’re confident in that identification. The French team made of computational linguists Florian Cafiero and Jean-Baptiste Camps told The Times their software correctly identified Furber’s writing in 98 percent of tests and Watkins’ in 99 percent.

“At first most of the text is by Furber,” said Cafiero. “But the signature of Ron Watkins increased during the first few months as Paul Furber decreased and then dropped completely.”

People have previously used machine learning software to identify Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling as the secret writer of Cuckoo’s Calling , a 2013 crime fiction novel Rowling wrote under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. …

That’s some interesting stuff, I wonder if Arizona’s Ron Watkins is going to wind up paying any consequences for such malicious, heck murderous, hoaxing?

This is the sort of news that more people should be familiar with. Sillies are being taken for a ride, if they don’t care, at least the rest of should.

The artificial intelligence firm, backed by Google parent company Alphabet (DeepMind), has previously turned its hand to video games and protein folding, and has been working on a joint research project with the Swiss Plasma Center to develop an AI for controlling a nuclear fusion reaction.
DeepMind Has Trained an AI to Control Nuclear Fusion | WIRED

Scaling up to practical uses is still aways off. Maybe they can apply AI to design new reactors

I am also having the same issue with Machine learning. Can anyone share the solution?

I think you may be overlooking that our lives are already served by AI in every way that uses any form of computer assisted service.

I fail to see what Qanon has to do with AI? AI do not commit treason.

1 Like

Welcome “saurabharshe” , have you checked out GPT3 and the incredible strides this text-based AI is making in predictive thinking?

We have AI controlling things in today’s world most trades are made by computers using complex algorithms predicting the future market its also how google knows what Ad to pop up in front of you if you have social media accounts. These complex algorithms can be looked at as a low form of AI.This site has no trackers or ads which is unusual to see.

There is an AI controlling the presence of trackers and ads…image

I was wrong google analysis is present on the home page.

What’s wrong with that? We do have an AI helping us mods moderate the forum. In order to see her, you have to call her up (in writing) to see her.

Can we name her CEFI ?

Oh , wouldn’t it be awesome to have GPT3 on board? Can you imagine the research power CFI would gain?

I’m just obsessed with blocking everything I don’t want their services. They have the right to run it on their site and I have the right to decide what runs on my PC. I am just tired of being bombarded by ads on TV and the internet most people don’t notice and it does not bother them. I use my PVR extensively so I don’t have to watch 5 minutes of TV ads every ten minutes of less.

I don’t mind a few ads when that pays for free service. I do mind having to pay for service AND be exposed to unwanted ads.

Can you help me with a problem