Hating the country

Wasn’t it TrumpAss who delivered the most hateful rhetoric about the US when he was running forvpresident, which has continued unabated throughout his term? Why didn’t that count as hating the country and why is he still here? Why hasn’t he left? His comments are much more hateful of the country than anything any other politician has said since before TrumpAss crashed into the White House. Why doesn’t that count as hating the country?

Every politician in office expresses his or her frustration with certain aspects of the country. Why else would they be running for or holding office? How is that “hating the country” but when TrumpAss says even worse things against the country, somehow it doesn’t mean he hates the country. Only Democrats hate their country, in his opinion.

TrumpAss certainly hated the ACA and promised to rescind it and has been dismantling it ever since. He also promised to replace it with something better, which he has failed to do for two and a half years, but he doesn’t mention that, only the part about hating the country. Why is hating the ACA not hating the country? Why is hating everything Obama did and the Democrats in Congress not hating the country? Why is hating everything Hillary Clinton did as Secretary of State not hating the country? Why is hating everything Bill Clinton did not hating the country? Why is trashing the Paris accord and the nuclear proliferation agreement not an indication that he hated the country under those treaties? Why are his imposing of tariffs on our trading partners not hating the way the country was before he took over? Why is breaking every alliance the country made since WW II not hating the country?

As an ignorant wannabe fascist he only calls other people’s criticism “hating the country” but when HE criticizes it, it’s not hating the country, it’s apparently loving the country. Naturally, his ignorant base is too stupid to see this or anything else that hits them in the face. Why is telling members of Congress to “go back where they came from” when they’re US citizens not hating the country? Why are his racist rants not hating the country? If anyone hates the country it’s TrumpAss and he is the one who should leave.

I wish I could get some TrumpAss supporter to explain why criticism from Trump is not hating the country, but criticism from Democrats is. Why is it that only Democrats are supposed to “go back” but not Republicans who do and say much worse? Of course no Republican will speak up because they are quaking in their boots with fear of upsetting their lord and master. They obviously have no more sense than he has, so little sense they can’t even defend him. What kind of political party is that? A fascist one, that’s what, and I’m afraid that’s exactly what the Republican Party is becoming. It is no longer the loyal opposition. It is a dictatorship. Why is it that no Republican will speak up for Trump on an issue by issue basis? All most of them will do is join the rabble and repeat what TrumpAss says for fear of raising his ire. What a bunch of complete asshole cowards. Anyone who calls him or herself a Republican today should hang his head in abject shame. It’s worse than saying they’re a member of the KKK. Yet they’ll stand behind TrumpAss toeing the ground and cheering his every word, no matter how disgusting they are.

I’m keeping a list of the Republican cowards who never said a word against TrumpAss and his ugly, dangerous rhetoric. I’ll use it against every one who runs for any office. If I hear of any Republican running for any office, even dog catcher, I will investigate whether they ever criticized anything Trump said or stood for. If they never did I will hound them. Whether it does any good or not, I will do it. They deserve all the opprobrium they get. And I hope others will join me. How can we allow an ignorant, lying, destructive,racist, sexist bully or his supporters to remain in office? If we do, we are part of the problem, not part of the solution of preventing our country from going completely down the drain.

That list of Repug cowards (AKA cronies) is long. I think Mitch McConnell is #1 on the list though. He’s not so much as coward as he a real cronie.

Whats a cronie mriana? Seems rather meek

Cronie? How about downright criminal? Down to his pavement stomping heels.

The reveal at the bottom was removed, but I think readers here know these are Trump quotes. My evangelical cousin said these quotes are not hateful. It’s pretty tough to have a conversation when people can’t be objective. The words don’t matter, it’s who said them and “what he really meant”.

And Ilhan is pretty. Whereas, Trump’s face makes my anus look like a top fashion model in comparison.

Although this (like everything) has been increased and expanded under Trump, the message that right-wingers are patriotic when they criticize the US and lefties are traitors is nothing new.

A huge issue that almost derailed Obama’s getting elected happened in the 2007, with the “God damn America” issue.

Before Republicans decided that Obama was a Muslim, they had decided he was a horrible Christian because he was a baptized member of the Rev. William Wright’s Southern Baptist church in Chicago. It is an all-black church focused on social justice.

In discussion about the US practice of slavery, specifically how early America was literally built on slave labor, it has often been called “America’s Original Sin.” The idea is that the system that enabled slavery continues to affect blacks, and the whole country, even today, and as long as society denies this, Anerica is threatened at her foundation.

So in a sermon, Wright had said, “God bless America? No, God DAMN America.” He was very specifically referring to that. But a video got out, and Repubicans said Barack Obama hated America, because his pastor said “God damn America” (on a day when he wasn’t even there).

However, Conservative white televangelists like Jimmy Bakker, Jimmy Falwell, etc., have been saying the EXACT same thing re. legalized abortion. For decades Evangelicals have warned that God is angry at the US and that if the nation doesn’t overturn Roe v Wade God will destroy it out of righteous anger.

Which is literally saying “God damn America.” But it’s fine if the person who says it is white and conservative.

I remember the Rev Wright fiasco. I was terrified that this would take out the Obama campaign, at the time. It might have, too. But Barry came up with one of his greatest speeches ever, and safely navigated thru that potential disaster.

But to your point, the repubs and religious right have always been the top performers when it comes to hypocrisy.

I just posted in this forum on the topic of Christians who think God sent Trump to DESTROY the US (which is a GOOD thing, to them). I mention people should read the comments below.

Re the issue of hypocrisy around Obama, this is in the comments and it’s the BEST EXAMPLE EVER of hypocrisy & cognitive dissonance on this.

>>>>>>>>>

So… the discussion is how that even though Trump isn’t perfect, God still called him to office and is working through him. God uses imperfect people to do his will, and so Christians must be constantly praying for Trump…

MARY:
Why is Mr. Grider not suggesting that Christians pray for President Obama’s salvation and hasn’t God allowed his presidency?
JANE:
Because Obama is a Reprobate and God has given him over to a debased mind. Read what Paul says at Romans 1:28-32:

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[c] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[d] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them”
<<<<<<<<<<<

YES BECAUSE CLEARLY THAT DESCRIBES OBAMA AND NOT TRUMP AT ALL!! OMG!!!

Tee Bryan. Do you think that Trump is THE problem?

Tee. Do you think that God has given Player over to a debased mind?

“THE” problem, Player?

That’s a pretty big question.

Like, right now I have a piercing headache, but it’s because I tried to drink an ICEE too fast. So Trump isn’t to blame for that.

That depends. Is it something one can do to himself?

THE” problem, Player?

That’s a pretty big question.

Like, right now I have a piercing headache, but it’s because I tried to drink an ICEE too fast. So Trump isn’t to blame for that.

Its offical. We have a nuff nuff.

LOL thanks

Housepet diaries of their subjective life experiences;

The Dog’s Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat’s Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies.” I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now …