GOP reject the PACT Act

Liberal comedian Jon Stewart chastised the GOP on Thursday, less than 24 hours after Senate Republicans tanked a bill that would have expanded healthcare access for U.S. military veterans exposed to Agent Orange and toxic burn pits—a move that was made in retaliation for Democrats reviving their reconciliation package following the passage of bipartisan legislation designed to boost domestic semiconductor chip manufacturing.

warning crude language, (justified)

Oh how I miss George Carlin. He saw this so clearly .

more crude language (and justified)

Republicans are baaaad news!!!

They are criminals. (+20)

I guess the Great Obstructionist was a little upset he was out maneuvered. Those damn Democrats trying to get stuff done and help Americans.

“Let me be perfectly clear: there will be no bipartisan USICA as long as Democrats are pursuing a partisan reconciliation bill,” McConnell tweeted a month ago, using another name for the bill.

In my book, McConnell is a seditionist.

1 Like

Tomey is saying there is a 400 billion slush fund added, that’s why he voted against it. He doesn’t get anymore specific, and without reading the entiire bill, with help from a lawyer, I’ll probably not know what he’s taking about. But he has his base believing him

I saw the reference to the 400b rider I think it’s called. Bills always seem to have these extras, and I can’t see how it’s even allowed. Like I write a bill to give everyone a cute rescue puppy, free and call it The Rescue the Poor Puppies bill. Who’d disagree with that? But in the 1000 page bill there’s a rider allotting a million to kill all the turtles. (Obviously a silly example to make the point.) So when someone objects to killing the turtles, the bill’s writer says “wow I didn’t know Senator XYZ hated the poor little puppies”.

Both sides pull this crap.

I think when they have no other add-ons, it’s called a “Clean Bill” (?)

The Free Puppies Bill would only describe what’s needed to enact giving every one free puppies.

But Senator Satan does not like turtles. So he won’t vote for Free Puppies unless they add a Kill Turtles amendment.
And Senator So-and-So won’t vote for it unless…

And that’s how it takes 1,000 pages in a bill to give away free puppies.

I found this brief in a google search, but the link doesn’t load:
If substantial amendments are made, the committee can order the introduction of a "clean bill " which will include the proposed amendments . This new bill will …

I can’t find anything saying it’s extraneous spending. I found one comment by who knows who that said it’s related veteran’s money.