Gender in toddler

Is the hijab worn mainly to avoid arousal, or simply out of respect?
Farrukh Dhondy

I believe, though I can’t be sure that this was an injunction to follow what some Muslims believe is a custom urged by the Holy Quran in the interests of female “modesty” or shielding themselves from the potential lust of males whose eyes may fall upon them. Seeing a head of hair would, in the tradition that this ideology espouses, drive men to sexual frenzy. The injunction to hide one’s hair, blonde, red, black, brown or white, will, if the assumption that hair is a stimulant to male arousal is true, would protect women from unwanted attention or even rape and men from this temptation to stray from their god-fearing routines.
https://www.asianage.com/opinion/oped/250219/is-the-hijab-worn-mainly-to-avoid-arousal-or-simply-out-of-respect.html

I’m not sure if this is is topical but I ran across this which changed my perspective on brain function in very young babies.

I realized that I always saw baby brains as juvenile and ignorant, unable to communicate in any logical sense other than smiling for happy and crying for discomfort… Little did I realize at this early age babies have vocabulary and are able to communicate specifically what they want or are experiencing.

The brain as a computer is already functional in communication, even as it doesn’t know the alphabet yet.

Watch this remarkable video of unrelated babies utilizing the same verbal “words” to communicate their status.