Free Speech

if not seconds and minutes.

Not sure what @missinggirl has against President Biden. He’s better than the dotard. No one can be as bad as the dotard was. The dotard makes The Shrub look good.

War?
Yes, what about war? I don't think we start wars do we? If so, do tell which and why. Let's discuss the merits and demerits of the wars we engage in.

How about our current war against the Covid virus. Should we stand idly by while 450,000 people die ? This is not just a National Emergency, it is a global emergency, yet the Trump government told the States, “You’re on your own”. How’s that for preserving peace?

Yet the Trumpies did invade the Nations Capitol building defiling it with feces and urine, stealing furniture, ruining priceless artifacts, while shouting “shoot them in the head”, “hang em high”, “kill em”, in the course of a peaceful protest demonstration. That is preserving the peace?

This “uninformed citizenry” was getting exactly what they voted for. And now they blame the current Party, which was elected by popular vote to replace the corrupt and utterly useless Party, for failing to govern after 2 weeks of trying to clean up the mess that was left by the outgoing Trump gang.

This country has become an extension of the Trump reality TV show. You want to be informed of The person Donald J Trump, take some time and read this objective biography, then decide if Trump was an honest broker who was worthy of leading this country into a measure of financial security of all its citizenry.

where is the war on covid? Pushing workers to go back to work and schools to reopen.

The dotard pushed workers back to work and forced schools to reopen like a stupid idiot. As for “war on COVID” Biden is doing that, but his COVID plan has to pass the House and the Senate. Part of that plan is $1400 to add to the $600 we just got to make $2000. It will also get the vaccines out to people, raise minimum wage to $15/hour, among others things, mostly dealing with COVID.The bill focuses on getting us out of this pandemic and stimulating the economy.

Am i wrong. Was it supposed to be 2000 per month?

No, not per month. Never was that. It is to total 1400, so that it will be the amount that the dotard suggested, which was 2000. The Repugs said no to the 2000 and yes to the 600, so Biden said, add 1400 to make it 2000. So there you go, but it was never to be $2000/month.

Do you remember this? Why did this die?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1202431#blogHeader

@Missinggirl, what about the Republicans who made sure that it wouldn’t happen?

What about coming up with more than one liners?

#340416 and #340422, tried dialoguing. But you breezed right by. How about it? Show us your substance.

@missinggirl It wasn’t on the table. It was just suggested by 3 senators, one of whom is now VP. It didn’t get any further than suggestion and it might not ever get any further than that. It was not in writing in any package deal or elsewhere, so it won’t happen unless they can put it in writing in some form and vote on it in the House and Senate, then if it passes both, they will put it on President Biden’s desk for final approval. Until then, it is just a verbal push/suggestion.

Regarding the hope that the Senate Vote For Impeachment can take place by secret ballot simply because of the viciously belligerent trumpkins and their threats against Republican who vote against trump - and very real threats of violence to anyone voting against their führer.

Secret ballots are done whenever they think it’s okay, so why not for the explosive Impeachment Vote

Congratulation to Liz Cheney for standing up to the monster and his machine, not that I’m a fan hers, but seeing trumps mob rejected has to be good news for every American patriot.

Insurrectionist are not patriots they are traitors. Mob violence is mob violence, even if a president instigates it.

because they had character -- Mriana
I got the 5 hour director's cut of this movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Until_the_End_of_the_World. It was pretty funny to see what they thought the future year 2000 would be like.

It was made in the 90’s, just when computer graphics were coming out. They had to simulate them, and they did a pretty good job. They also had video phones, and instead of little handheld things like we have, they imagined them as rather elaborate, like a roman column that they held up with a 4 in screen at the top, and other things with big handles. They were not very mobile.

Where’s your upset with the Republicans who have turned into totalitarians in front of our eyes? -- CC
I connected on facebook with a friend from high school for a while last year. Recently he said something about Obama being racist, and I responded that I was going to stop responding to his bullsh** for a while. He unfriended me. But, while I had him, I got him to show me where he gets his logic. He linked to articles about obscure speeches, legislation that is still in committee, video from years ago, sometimes, like right after Biden came in, pure lies; he had a photo montage showing gas had gone up by 50 cents a gallon. How he could believe that picture and not what he was actually paying, I don't know. But, much of it was factual, just cherry picked.

I tried telling him that he was being manipulated, but people don’t like to hear that. The other side of it, I’m sure he doesn’t see a lot of the news about what Trump and others are actually saying. I suspect “missinggirl” is getting this one-sided information. Some of it is by choice, just don’t look at certain sources, don’t check facts, and some is by who you hang around with and what they are talking about. It can give you the illusion of being informed.

@lausten didn’t the iPhone come out in the 90s? I do love video chatting with my grandson when I we’re able to do so. This pandemic has put a stop to bonding with young grandkids. My grandson is almost 4 and I haven’t seen him for what seems like two years. Last I was back in my hometown was March (his and my other son’s (his uncle) b-day month) 2019. We didn’t go down in October 2019 and then the pandemic came, so I missed last March. So he had just turned 2 last I saw him person. The dotard allowed it to get way out of control and did nothing. At least we now have a real president (President Biden) who is doing what he is able to do about it and hopefully, it’s not too late. ( @missinggirl that’s what is called free speech and what the dotard did was enticing a coup, not free speech) Last I heard, his mother’s father (his grandfather), who they live with, was quarantined due to possible exposure and all is now silent from that end. It’s rather frightening the he and his mother are quiet. His dad, my other son, seems OK, except for being separated, not by quarantine, but by irreconcilable difference. I find video calling wonderful in this day and age. I only wish my 76 y.o. mother wouldn’t be so afraid to learn new tech, so I can video chat with her. Thanks to the dotard, I haven’t seen her for just as long.

If you figure out something with the video chat for your mom, let me know. My mother has a Windows 97 PC and keeps it on with facebook at all times. If it ever gets turned off, she doesn’t know what to do. She has a support person who is really nice, and nice enough to not charge her for all her calls. I’ve looked at things the “GrandPad” which is sold by Consumer Cellular. It has a few large icons, for phone, video chat, facebook and maybe google. But she is resistant to change.

My mother maybe a bit more difficult. She won’t even touch a computer. If she would, I could teach her how to use video calling.

How about the rapper arrested and jailed in Spain for writing an anti monarchy and police song???

No link provided and a Spanish rapper is not interesting enough to look up, so nobody cares.

Thatoneguy - Free speech in a so called democratic, liberial, human rights signatory western country !!!

@missinggirl

How about the rapper arrested and jailed in Spain for writing an anti monarchy and police song???

¿Que? ¿No se? ¿Que rapero español?