Extreme News Out Of Saudi Arabia

Five year old girl raped and killed by her father because he was suspicious about her virginity :exclaim: Not a problem, according to Saudi authorities.

So THAT’S who it is! I’ve seen him on TV. The HuffPo carried the story, but neglected to mention she was, in the words of another news organization ‘raped all over’. This guy is SICK, she was FIVE. Outside of RAPE, why would anyone ever suspect a child of being sexually active, and why would it be HER fault?? :sick: I mentioned this story a few days ago, in the thread ‘spreading truth about islam’ the OP has not addressed it. :-/

I mentioned this story a few days ago, in the thread ‘spreading truth about islam’ the OP has not addressed it.
Of course he hasn't. Why would anyboddy want to admit that their creed is stuck so far back in the Dark Ages that it make the Inquistion look like The Enlightment? Not that the fundi-whackos of Christianity are an improvement.

This hardly surprises me. Sickens me, sure. But surprises? No. Saudi Arabia is barbaric. It’s a backward holdover from the Middle Ages that should probably be nuked into radioactive glass.

This hardly surprises me. Sickens me, sure. But surprises? No. Saudi Arabia is barbaric. It’s a backward holdover from the Middle Ages that should probably be nuked into radioactive glass.
DM, you're back! BTW on one should not be surprised by this barbarity, it happens there frequently and this sort of behavior is bolstered by sharia law or some sick bastard's version of it. This won't change though until there is a groundswell of outrage from the people there. Outside of a full scale invasion of the area or strangling economic sanctions there's little that we as a country can do but write our congressmen and become vocal on the internet. But if you do nuke the area, let's get everyone but the fanatics out first, you can sell the glass (trinitite) to finance the emigrants. Cap't Jack

I don’t think that’s going to happen any time soon. What’s likely to change Saudi Arabia more than anything is the dwindling oil money. As the al Sauds try to diversify the nation’s economy and attract outside investment they’ll have write up some actual laws (instead of relying on royal decree and the arbitrary loopiness of the imams), treat non-Muslims fairly under law (doubtful), and try to attain something resembling a skilled and educated workforce (instead of one that overwhelmingly has religious degrees). We’ll see how close to the toilet they get before any real change comes about. I’m betting they’ll be drowning in it.
And yup, back and all that.

As to funds, I doubt the Saudis will have a problem even after the oil dries up as they have the “lodestone” of Islam in their backyard and Muslims by the millions visit there annually, bringing their tourist dollars (dinars) with them. That’s why the Saudis have to maintain such a conservative stance on sharia law as this is Mohammad central for ALL believers. And they don’t look on human rights violations as we do in the West but through the filter of their religious beliefs, anachronistic as they may be to us. I still maintain that social revolution has to come from within first, then we can offer aid, as in Syria. But how do you deprogram a whole country? For them it’s more than money, their whole culture is wrapped up in it. BTW, militants just declared that all Americans are fair game to be killed because of the individual drone strikes against their leaders. We’re still the great Satan.
Cap’t Jack

This guy is SICK, she was FIVE.
Yes, if nothing else, the fact that it's acceptable in that society, for girls that young to be punished for signs of sexual activity, gives cause for alarm. That he, the father, raped and killed his own daughter is obviously a sign of psychological disturbance. Maybe in this country, he could have gotten some treatment before he killed his kid; but in Saudi Arabia, his disorder is considered heavenly ordained?
As to funds, I doubt the Saudis will have a problem even after the oil dries up as they have the "lodestone" of Islam in their backyard and Muslims by the millions visit there annually, bringing their tourist dollars (dinars) with them. That's why the Saudis have to maintain such a conservative stance on sharia law as this is Mohammad central for ALL believers. And they don't look on human rights violations as we do in the West but through the filter of their religious beliefs, anachronistic as they may be to us. I still maintain that social revolution has to come from within first, then we can offer aid, as in Syria. But how do you deprogram a whole country? For them it's more than money, their whole culture is wrapped up in it. BTW, militants just declared that all Americans are fair game to be killed because of the individual drone strikes against their leaders. We're still the great Satan.
I doubt tourism funds taken from pilgrims to Mecca and Medina will make up the cashflow of oil. Look at the country before the 30s when the oil was discovered. It was an impoverished, agrarian backwater that could barely fund itself. The standard of living would plummet. And there's more to the Saudi's view of women and violence than just their Islamic beliefs. Much of it is also deeply rooted in their tribal Arab culture and traditions. Especially the traditions of honor, paternity, and chastity. Everyone in the West likes to simplify things by blaming it on Islam, but Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, and others live in those regions and hold many of the same views backed up with arguments from their own particular faiths.
I doubt tourism funds taken from pilgrims to Mecca and Medina will make up the cashflow of oil. Look at the country before the 30s when the oil was discovered. It was an impoverished, agrarian backwater that could barely fund itself. The standard of living would plummet. And there’s more to the Saudi’s view of women and violence than just their Islamic beliefs. Much of it is also deeply rooted in their tribal Arab culture and traditions. Especially the traditions of honor, paternity, and chastity. Everyone in the West likes to simplify things by blaming it on Islam, but Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, and others live in those regions and hold many of the same views backed up with arguments from their own particular faiths.
I don't know DM, it looks like the tourist industry is booming and revenues couldn't be better. Remember, one of the major tenets of Islam is to make the pligrimage to Mecca at least once in your life and there are, or will be soon 1.8 billion of them worldwide who want to visit there. Already new hotels and other facilities are being built and financed by corporations willing to risk the funds. And the prices are exorbitant, $5,800 dollar a night rooms, so I don't think the Saudis will dry up and blow away even if the oil runs out which isn't likely to happen in our lifetime. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/14/mecca-hajj-saudi-arabia You're spot on about the culture. As the faithful swept into conquered lands they absorbed the mores of the conquered, so subordination of and violence against women is deeply ingrained in their culture and will probably continue until they decide to change it. What I hope doesn't happen, especially for the sake of the women in the area is if and when we decide to go soft energy and oil is not necessary to sustain our culture, that the West will turn it's back on human rights violations. Cap't Jack

I don’t think they’ll dry up and blow away either. I just think that unless they start to modify themselves and work a little harder to diversify, their economy’s going to take a body blow. A hard one. They have a huge population (26 million), hardly any land suitable from any sort of agriculture, and virtually no fresh water sources. So food imports are likely a must. And that’s expensive. And while there may be nearly 2 billion Muslims, the vast majority of them can’t be reasonably expected to make the hajj. Keep in mind that the Quran only requires it of able bodied Muslims who can afford it. Given the economic state of most of the people in the Middle East, North Africa, and Southern Asia (where most Muslims live), I think only a small, small number of them will ever make it. And oil makes up something like 75% of the country’s revenue. How in the hell could any country fill that gap with tourism?
Honestly, I think if get ourselves off oil (snicker) and thus render Saudi Arabia more or less irrelevant to our energy needs, we’ll probably interfere in their affairs more. We’ll be less worried about offending them and the potential economic ramifications of pissing them off. Or we’ll ignore them completely, which really wouldn’t be very different than how we treat their scampiness now. But for different reasons.

Ok, I’ll give it a parting shot, as to tourism the Saudis want it to eventually assist in offsetting oil exports. They’re not stupid and see oil as a nonrenweable source so couple tourism with banking and they have assets in the billions. They also look at tourism as a job creator and why not? You could sell sacred rocks to the faithful and they could use these to stone the devil at the Kaaba. It’s a thought. Hey and how about those fetching sheets everybody has to wear?

Cap’t jack

So THAT'S who it is! I've seen him on TV. The HuffPo carried the story, but neglected to mention she was, in the words of another news organization 'raped all over'. This guy is SICK, she was FIVE. Outside of RAPE, why would anyone ever suspect a child of being sexually active, and why would it be HER fault?? :sick: I mentioned this story a few days ago, in the thread 'spreading truth about islam' the OP has not addressed it. :-/
It's obvious, Islam has fried their brains. Of course, Christianity fries brains, too, in a slightly different but no less destructive manner.
Ok, I'll give it a parting shot, as to tourism the Saudis want it to eventually assist in offsetting oil exports. They're not stupid and see oil as a nonrenweable source so couple tourism with banking and they have assets in the billions. They also look at tourism as a job creator and why not? You could sell sacred rocks to the faithful and they could use these to stone the devil at the Kaaba. It's a thought. Hey and how about those fetching sheets everybody has to wear?
They're definitely trying things. And that's good. I'm just worried they're not going to try hard enough, it won't be quite enough to make up, or that they're going to end up like Nauru. I doubt it would be that bad, but you never know. But yeah, the sheets are sweet. They do look pretty comfortable at least. And they seem like they would make sneaking off for a nooner pretty easy.