Enter the forest at the darkest point - Julius Fann, Jr

Including this. . . .

Exactly. I happen to be seeing both, like I usually do. I see both the illusion and the actual, just like the woman and the candlestick - I see both.

Doesn’t matter how I look at it, it still goes from the bottom left corner to the top right corner. I can look at either one of them and that’s what I see, so basically, I am seeing it go up and down and left to right. I see both at the same time, just as always with illusions.

Cool…
While it seems rare with artificial illusions designed to fool the survival instinct there is no reason why the brain should be unable to see through the illusion.

Apparently your brain does make the correction. Neat…

Write4u, I understand and agree with your points. But jufa has a point too. I would suggest moving your timeline from abiogenesis a lot closer to the time gods came about to keep jufa points in play. And from natural selection to artificial selection along with moving specific environment to a man-made environment. And you will find jufa is in line with much of the Gnostic teachings by Jesus. The world you are making your points in hardly exists today. The existentialism jufa is talking about is available by philosophical thought or learning the history of mankind. Also, can be reached by understanding Gnosticism. This is the first time I have seen this used in the Christian pathway. Jufa my view of your viewpoint is that you are decades ahead of where we hope America ends up. The problem we face is the same problem our founding fathers faced. A country is only as good as its morals. And how do we teach morals to the next generation? Jesus only taught for four years and has held the number one spot for teaching morals for centuries.
Point being. “Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength – jufa”. How would that have worked if used at the beginning of Jesus’ teachings. Truly, Jesus’ teachings were about morals and fairness.

Oh I can see the logic in that approach. But that makes the concept of God a product of human thought and symbolization. I understand that and in principle I can see value in that form of conceptual translation of evolutionary processes.

But it also results in the disqualification of the concept that there is a "sentient motivated prime mover"and “universal creator”.

The problem is that, unlike “universal mathematics”, there are too many conflicting regional religious interpretations for any concistency and that is demonstrably the cause for “exclusivity” and endless religious strife. History is not kind to the legacy of religious interpretation of a Universal Agency.

By scientific standards the very fact of so many paradoxical interpretations tends to render moot the entire concept of God as a universal phenomenon.

But as a teaching tool of morality it has proven to be effective (to a point). The problem emerges when zealotry replaces self-discipline.

> We Visited Kentucky’s Creation Museum. This Is What We Saw.

A replica of a raptor and early human greet Creation Museum guests in the building’s lobby.

This is not good history being taught to children and perpetuating false images of scripture and biblical errors.

Speaking of entering the forest at the darkest point. This is not how it happened.

It tries, which is probably why I see both the illusion and the reality at the same time. It tries hard to see what is real.

The raptor would have tried to eat the human.

It was and that cost him his life but also made him a martyr.
Giving your life for a cause is a powerful image.

Yep, and if that person was Eve it would be the end of mankind before it even started …

1 Like

It was not uncommon to wait for a decade for an accepted scientific fact to be disproven when it came to religion. Today the data is coming out at warp speed. We have thousands of scholars who are not from biblical universities. It is not going to be long until AI takes over. What’s going to happen in a couple of generations when our kids ask the computer if there is a God? And I think we all should know by now what that answer will be.

What raptor? I see Pelosi and Schumer and one of the public out scrounging for food.

I see a subliminal sex scene. There is no limit to religious depravity.

I remember a novella set in a faraway future. Men build the most powerful computer possible, feed him all he knows, giving it access to unlimited data and connecting it to the whole universe.

Then, they ask it " Do god exists ? "

And he answers " Now yes"