debunking the myth of physical resemblance reincarnation

hi this link http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-ian-stevenson-reincarnation-past-life-jurdi contains a photo man holding claimed to be resembling him. but on zooming in the half of the face appears to be fake .is it photoshopped?

Here’s a photo of some guy from the 1860s that looks a lot like Nicolas Cage, but it proves nothing one way or the other about reincarnation. On my father’s side of the family, everybody tends to look identical to one another, while on my mother’s side of the family, there’s tremendous variation in how people look. Genes are weird.

ya your point is true , i m trying to say that they faked the small photo if you enlarged and see the left side it appears to be fake

Here's a photo of some guy from the 1860s that looks a lot like Nicolas Cage, but it proves nothing one way or the other about reincarnation. On my father's side of the family, everybody tends to look identical to one another, while on my mother's side of the family, there's tremendous variation in how people look. Genes are weird.
It is always possible to find resemblances among people. It's more likely to see resemblances of well known and often photographed people. There ar just not that many variations in human beings, especially within ethnic groups. To assume reincarnation is ridiculous, besides the fact that there has never been any evidence that reincarnation is possble. It's a fairytale, a myth, believed in only by gullible people. Lois
Here's a photo of some guy from the 1860s that looks a lot like Nicolas Cage, but it proves nothing one way or the other about reincarnation. On my father's side of the family, everybody tends to look identical to one another, while on my mother's side of the family, there's tremendous variation in how people look. Genes are weird.
Some genes are better at getting passed onto the next generation than others. Although you share exactly 50% of genes with each of your parent, you don't share exactly 25% of genes with each of your grandparent. You can see that with the Douglas family (the actors) where the men from every generation really resemble each other a lot. This is especially true among inbred groups, like the Jews, for example--the Douglas are Jews. Not sure what any of this would have to do with reincarnation since it is the "spirit" (I presume) that jumps between bodies, bodies that are designed by genes. Not that I really need to make sense of other people's idiotic ideas.

People tend to see everyone from a different ethnic, racial, or other group as looking the same. We are familiar with the small differences among our group, but see only the major similarities of others. An example I’ve always treasured was when an elderly woman who was sitting on her porch during the Watts Riots and who had seen police brutality, was asked to identify the officer from among a group of pictures. She said she couldn’t do it because, “all police look the same to me.”
Occam

Actually, that’s an interesting question. Do cops look more alike when compared with the rest of people? Maybe they do. If you aligned five people and had to guess which one of them is a CEO, a cop, a construction worker, a scientist and a pimp, you might get it wrong. But if you gathered 100 people from each profession and do the same test I bet you’ll get most of the people in the right category. (I bet it would work even if they all wore the same clothe, say, a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.) Would be fun to try.

To avoid extraneous clues, you’d also have to choose a sample of five people who were all the same age, of the same sex, same race and had about the same musculature.
Occam

I don’t get it. Even if reincarnation were real, why on earth would we expect people to look the same in their new bodies?
(BTW, I’m an atheist who kind of sort of suspects that some form of reincarnation or life after death might be real. Do I have any evidence to back up my suspicion? Not really–unless the ineffability of subjective experience counts as evidence for…something.)

Sure reincarnation is real. The atoms of my body will become somebody else’s atoms one day.

When an old computer died I lost all of the data in it except that which had backed up on floppies. To explicate the analogy, the computer was similar to a brain, the programs were similar to the education, the data was similar to the person’s mind, the floppies were similar to books, papers and information the person had written or passed to others.
I bought a new computer, loaded the programs in it and added the backed up data. My old computer was not reincarnated; a new generation of computer was born, replaced the old one, and learned all the education and data that was supplied.
Occam

It’s human naure to want to believe that we’ll all have new lives after we die. It doesn’t mean the idea is rational. And we always assume that the new life will be better than the old, or at least as good. There would be just as much chance for it to be much worse! We could be one of those kids being blown up in war-torn land, or begging on the streets of Rio de Janeiro or New Delhi or a child being trafficked for sex.
But nobody wants to believe in that kind of reincarnation.
Lois

I once got my picture taken with a guy that looked exactly like Jimmy Carter, (except he was shorter than JC). He did not claim any relation. And he was not a reincarnation, as Jimmy is still alive.

I once got my picture taken with a guy that looked exactly like Jimmy Carter, (except he was shorter than JC). He did not claim any relation. And he was not a reincarnation, as Jimmy is still alive.
You haven't heard of dopplegangers and wraiths? :roll:
You haven't heard of dopplegangers and wraiths? :roll: Sure, but Jimmy's doppelganger was working at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, Texas. Maybe, the doppelganger eventually caught up with, and replaced Jimmy, hence the penchant for doing carpentry work for poor people, but surely, Rosalyn would have noticed the height difference.
Maybe he really was the reincarnation of Jimmy Carter, and he had traveled back in time from the future! Using Christian apologetic logic: Prove me wrong! Until you can do that, it's just as reasonable to believe it as not to believe it!
Maybe he really was the reincarnation of Jimmy Carter, and he had traveled back in time from the future! Using Christian apologetic logic: Prove me wrong! Until you can do that, it's just as reasonable to believe it as not to believe it! Now that's the kind of thinking I can appreciate! From this we can deduce, either that we humans will become shorter in the future, OR that travelling back in time, makes one shorter. If the latter is the case, then travelling forward in time, would presumably make one taller. In this case, the NBA would, no doubt, fund time travel research, so that they could send scouts back in time to recruit players.

The NFL already tried it. Didn’t work.

Rutherford B. Hayes and Drew Brees

Maybe he really was the reincarnation of Jimmy Carter, and he had traveled back in time from the future! Using Christian apologetic logic: Prove me wrong! Until you can do that, it's just as reasonable to believe it as not to believe it!
Now that's the kind of thinking I can appreciate! From this we can deduce, either that we humans will become shorter in the future, OR that travelling back in time, makes one shorter. If the latter is the case, then travelling forward in time, would presumably make one taller. In this case, the NBA would, no doubt, fund time travel research, so that they could send scouts back in time to recruit players. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
You haven't heard of dopplegangers and wraiths? :roll: Sure, but Jimmy's doppelganger was working at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, Texas. Maybe, the doppelganger eventually caught up with, and replaced Jimmy, hence the penchant for doing carpentry work for poor people, but surely, Rosalyn would have noticed the height difference. Ha! Maybe.