DNA confirms atheism

I’m taking a Richard Carrier course. I bought his “Why I am Not a Christian”. You can get a version online too], but I like to support the guy.
In the link, he gives some examples hypotheses about where life began, saying we have some evidence that they could have happened given the billions of years and trillions of galaxies that we now know exist. Although admittedly we have no solid proof that any one of them is true. Christianity of course, never predicted anything like this and it’s hard to reconcile all that waste to a creator God who has a particular interest in us. We have no evidence of God or how it created life or how it sustains us.
Carrier goes on to say:

"Even DNA confirms atheism over Christianity. The only way life could ever arise by accident and evolve by natural selection is if it was built from a chemical code that could be copied and that was subject to mutation. We know of no other natural, accidental way for any universe to just “stumble upon" any kind of life that could naturally evolve. Also, as best we know, the only chemicals that our present universe could accidentally assemble this way are amino acids and related molecules like nucleotides. And it is highly improbable that an accidentally assembled code would employ any more than a handful of basic units in its fundamental structure. Lo and behold, we observe all of this to be the case."

In the link, he gives some examples hypotheses about where life began, saying we have some evidence that they could have happened given the billions of years and trillions of galaxies that we now know exist. Although admittedly we have no solid proof that any one of them is true. Christianity of course, never predicted anything like this and it’s hard to reconcile all that waste to a creator God who has a particular interest in us. We have no evidence of God or how it created life or how it sustains us.
Carrier goes on to say:

"Even DNA confirms atheism over Christianity. The only way life could ever arise by accident and evolve by natural selection is if it was built from a chemical code that could be copied and that was subject to mutation. We know of no other natural, accidental way for any universe to just “stumble upon" any kind of life that could naturally evolve. Also, as best we know, the only chemicals that our present universe could accidentally assemble this way are amino acids and related molecules like nucleotides. And it is highly improbable that an accidentally assembled code would employ any more than a handful of basic units in its fundamental structure. Lo and behold, we observe all of this to be the case."
Ok, so who is the "we" that Carrier keeps mentioning? I mean other then Larry, Mo, and Curly that is. You are revealing your faith in your atheist God, my God created, the DNA of flowers and honey. http://wall--art.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/bee_on_flower_widescreen-animal-wallpaper.jpg

“we” is obviously all of humanity.
Don’t expect continued responses if you don’t learn how to size those pictures.

"we" is obviously all of humanity. Don't expect continued responses if you don't learn how to size those pictures.
So this atheist clown, believes that he can speak for all of humanity? or is it you that believes the atheist clown speaks for all of humanity? Well, the photos fit just fine on my 32 inch monitor, why miss out on the photographic beauty of life? Come on, gimme a big hug. http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.36801.1346451038!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/baby-animals.jpg

Seriously, Coral. The purpose of the forum is not to post pretty pictures that interfere with the posting format, by extending the margins so disruptively.
Can I get an administrative ruling on this? (I have never requested such before, but this is a bit much.)

Seriously, Coral. The purpose of the forum is not to post pretty pictures that interfere with the posting format, by extending the margins so disruptively. Can I get an administrative ruling on this? (I have never requested such before, but this is a bit much.)
Since a photo speaks a thousand words, a photo allows me to say far more with less, and to use the visually oriented portions of the mind as well as the text portions of the mind to create stimulating thought. A photo of the above photos, reduced to the level of life itself. And a frog grasping for understanding. http://i.huffpost.com/gen/885996/thumbs/o-FIRST-PHOTO-OF-DNA-facebook.jpg http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02794/frog-jump_2794011k.jpg
Seriously, Coral. The purpose of the forum is not to post pretty pictures that interfere with the posting format, by extending the margins so disruptively. Can I get an administrative ruling on this? (I have never requested such before, but this is a bit much.)
We will discuss it, thanks.

So what part of Carrier’s statement do you disagree with besides the conclusion of atheism? DNA is complex, yet made up of simple parts that, given billions of years, can form complex organisms. Those simpler parts could have formed in a volcanic vent or a supernova. Why do we need a god? Or, why did god need billions of years? Why the meandering path of brutal life and struggle to eventually get to us? Almost all theologies say humans are important to the universe, the universe seems to say otherwise.
Pick any of those above and tell me how humanity knows something different.

We will discuss it, thanks. I'm pretty sure the Forum program could automatically reduce the size of photos posted. I'm on one discussion group where posted photes come up in tiny squares which have to be clicked on to enlarge. Lois
I'm pretty sure the Forum program could automatically reduce the size of photos posted. I'm on one discussion group where posted photes come up in tiny squares which have to be clicked on to enlarge.
Unfortunately our forum software is about five years out of date; it lacks many features that other software packages have. AFAIK we are unlikely to be upgraded anytime soon.
I'm taking a Richard Carrier course. I bought his "Why I am Not a Christian". You can get a version online too], but I like to support the guy. In the link, he gives some examples hypotheses about where life began, saying we have some evidence that they could have happened given the billions of years and trillions of galaxies that we now know exist. Although admittedly we have no solid proof that any one of them is true. Christianity of course, never predicted anything like this and it's hard to reconcile all that waste to a creator God who has a particular interest in us. We have no evidence of God or how it created life or how it sustains us. Carrier goes on to say:
Well the problem here, and one theists don't seem to ever realize, is that if you believe in the god story it's easy enough to just make the leap to "god created evolution - that's how She does things". They never seem to make that jump though, hmmm? Anyway, this Carrier can't deny that jump either. The real problem IMO is that no one knows what they're talking about when they talk about "god". They THINK they do, but it's really just a bunch of anthropomorphic mumbo jumbo that sounds legit.
We will discuss it, thanks. I appreciate the consideration and the work that the administrators do. It must be a bit like herding cats.
I'm pretty sure the Forum program could automatically reduce the size of photos posted. I'm on one discussion group where posted photes come up in tiny squares which have to be clicked on to enlarge.
Unfortunately our forum software is about five years out of date; it lacks many features that other software packages have. AFAIK we are unlikely to be upgraded anytime soon. Oh, well. That's life. In fact this software is easiervo use and navigate than most discussion group software in many ways. Could you set it to not accept photos at all, or reject posts with large photos (or very large type)? Lois
So what part of Carrier's statement do you disagree with besides the conclusion of atheism? DNA is complex, yet made up of simple parts that, given billions of years, can form complex organisms. Those simpler parts could have formed in a volcanic vent or a supernova. Why do we need a god? Or, why did god need billions of years? Why the meandering path of brutal life and struggle to eventually get to us? Almost all theologies say humans are important to the universe, the universe seems to say otherwise. Pick any of those above and tell me how humanity knows something different.
Seriously, who is Carrier and what statement are you speaking of. Do you think that if you post your inane atheists life work here that I have to read it, because you are infatuated with the fool. You can choose to read something or not, I choose not to read the Superman comics, you can do as you please. Not formed in a pond..... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MjZRFInIeEU/T61X5q45wtI/AAAAAAAACS8/_fpKzuf_CPw/s1600/lion-+cub.jpg
Unfortunately our forum software is about five years out of date; it lacks many features that other software packages have. AFAIK we are unlikely to be upgraded anytime soon. Well I think the photos are interesting, and as for the software being old, Google software never did this. That said I will try to use smaller photos, and as an amateur photographer, I appreciate the wonder of the digital image.
I'm taking a Richard Carrier course. I bought his "Why I am Not a Christian". You can get a version online too], but I like to support the guy. In the link, he gives some examples hypotheses about where life began, saying we have some evidence that they could have happened given the billions of years and trillions of galaxies that we now know exist. Although admittedly we have no solid proof that any one of them is true. Christianity of course, never predicted anything like this and it's hard to reconcile all that waste to a creator God who has a particular interest in us. We have no evidence of God or how it created life or how it sustains us. Carrier goes on to say:
Well the problem here, and one theists don't seem to ever realize, is that if you believe in the god story it's easy enough to just make the leap to "god created evolution - that's how She does things". They never seem to make that jump though, hmmm? Anyway, this Carrier can't deny that jump either. The real problem IMO is that no one knows what they're talking about when they talk about "god". They THINK they do, but it's really just a bunch of anthropomorphic mumbo jumbo that sounds legit. I know that every cell in your body contains 3 billion lines of DNA code. Thus the total amount of lines of DNA code in your body is 37,000,000,000,000 * 3,000,000,000 = 111,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Thus you are a very complicated machine indeed, not formed in a pond, but highly engineered by God to evolve into a better machine, which the programming of the machine accomplishes.
So what part of Carrier's statement do you disagree with besides the conclusion of atheism? DNA is complex, yet made up of simple parts that, given billions of years, can form complex organisms. Those simpler parts could have formed in a volcanic vent or a supernova. Why do we need a god? Or, why did god need billions of years? Why the meandering path of brutal life and struggle to eventually get to us? Almost all theologies say humans are important to the universe, the universe seems to say otherwise. Pick any of those above and tell me how humanity knows something different.
Seriously, who is Carrier and what statement are you speaking of. Do you think that if you post your inane atheists life work here that I have to read it, because you are infatuated with the fool. You can choose to read something or not, I choose not to read the Superman comics, you can do as you please. Carrier is an author mentioned in the first post. I don't care what your opinion of him is. I summarized the significant points for you so you wouldn't have waste your precious time. I'll shorten them more; not a pond, evidence of other sources for amino acids, lots of time and space for evolution to happen, why God? You sound like you're getting a little desperate with your avoidance behavior.
Seriously, who is Carrier and what statement are you speaking of. Do you think that if you post your inane atheists life work here that I have to read it, because you are infatuated with the fool. You can choose to read something or not, I choose not to read the Superman comics, you can do as you please. Carrier is an author mentioned in the first post. I don't care what your opinion of him is. I summarized the significant points for you so you wouldn't have waste your precious time. I'll shorten them more; not a pond, evidence of other sources for amino acids, lots of time and space for evolution to happen, why God? You sound like you're getting a little desperate with your avoidance behavior. Atheist are boring. Seriously, the likelihood that we are alone in the universe, is as unlikely as the idea, that humans will never take life to another planet where it will grow and flourish. When this happens, even if the life is only primitive bacteria or photosynthesizing plants, God is proven, as we are God. No one can challenge this idea, as given enough time we will do this. All you need to do is look at the future time ribbon, instead of the past alone.... Aliens have been here for a very long, long time. http://akenyangirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/021.jpg

Are you okay?

Are you okay?
Well I would be better if atheist lectures were not so terminally boring...! http://www.michaelmccurry.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/boring-lecture.jpg