debunking the myth of physical resemblance reincarnation

The NFL already tried it. Didn't work. Rutherford B. Hayes and Drew Brees
Ah, but this supports the concept. Hayes was 5'9" before he became the 6 foot person that we now know as Drew Brees, after only about 150 years of time travel. The NBA could go back to around the birth of Jesus, and recruit persons who would be in the 8 foot range when they arrive in our time continuum. Side note: We can expect the disappearance of Drew Brees soon, as it will be necessary for him to return to his original time to live out his life and become POTUS. Notes to self: 1) Consider whether only persons who have been reincarnated can survive the rigors of time travel. 2) Investigate the possibility that Sasquatch is actually a small low level primate that was accidentally transported from around 10,000 B.C.
Ah, but this supports the concept. Hayes was 5'9" before he became the 6 foot person that we now know as Drew Brees, after only about 150 years of time travel. The NBA could go back to around the birth of Jesus, and recruit persons who would be in the 8 foot range when they arrive in our time continuum. Side note: We can expect the disappearance of Drew Brees soon, as it will be necessary for him to return to his original time to live out his life and become POTUS. Notes to self: 1) Consider whether only persons who have been reincarnated can survive the rigors of time travel. 2) Investigate the possibility that Sasquatch is actually a small low level primate that was accidentally transported from around 10,000 B.C. Everyone who is taller than 5' 9" was 5' 9" before they reached their final height. Everyone has reached and passed every milimeter on the scale on the way to their final height. No time travel necessary.
Ah, but this supports the concept. Hayes was 5'9" before he became the 6 foot person that we now know as Drew Brees, after only about 150 years of time travel. The NBA could go back to around the birth of Jesus, and recruit persons who would be in the 8 foot range when they arrive in our time continuum. Side note: We can expect the disappearance of Drew Brees soon, as it will be necessary for him to return to his original time to live out his life and become POTUS. Notes to self: 1) Consider whether only persons who have been reincarnated can survive the rigors of time travel. 2) Investigate the possibility that Sasquatch is actually a small low level primate that was accidentally transported from around 10,000 B.C. Everyone who is taller than 5' 9" was 5' 9" before they reached their final height. Everyone has reached and passed every milimeter on the scale on the way to their final height. No time travel necessary. Thank you Lois, for engaging in thoughtful discussion of this groundbreaking theoretical topic. You are certainly correct that Hayes/Brees was 5' 9", before he was 6'. However, note in the two pictures that his apparent age is that of a young adult, and that in the picture as Brees, he cannot be much older than in the picture as Hayes. He could not possibly have grown three inches, in the time that he subjectively experienced between the two pictures, except by the side effect of travelling forward in time. When he returns to his original time, the side effect of losing height by travelling back in time, will no doubt take effect, and he will return to his adult height there, of approximately 5'9". It does occur to me, that the NBA recruiters who travel back in time, 2000 years, will have a significant challenge, in dealing with the people of the time, in that the backward time travel effect of losing height, will result in the recruiters, themselves, being only about two feet tall, when they reach that remote historical period. Thus they should not attempt to recruit from Ireland, as they would be easily mistaken as leprechauns.

And Lois, if you are having difficulty, making sense of my posts, in this thread, just consider that I may be channeling (or having some sort of telepathic mind slippage with) a portion of the reincarnated spirit of Douglas Adams. (I expect that some weird neighbor child is likely the reincarnation of Adams, and my affinity for Douglas Adam’s body of work has left my mind vulnerable to the telepathic emanations of his genius brain.)

oops . . .

Everyone who belives in reincarnation seems to think we come back as other human beings. We could be reincarnated as cockroaches. I wonder if cockroaches will have our faces.

Everyone who belives in reincarnation seems to think we come back as other human beings. We could be reincarnated as cockroaches. I wonder if cockroaches will have our faces.
Not likely. Although I figure it's more likely than cockroaches coming back with human personalities. And while we're on this chain of thought, why couldn't we be reincarnated as a bacterium or a virus? What would it be like to be a bacterium with a human personality (a physical impossibility, but hey, what the heck?)? I think it would suck, nobody to talk to and all. And what would a scientist do if he/she saw a bacterium under an electron microscope with a perfectly formed human face? Sadly, their head might explode. And what if a dog got reincarnated as a human? Might that human have a dog face? Again, that would suck for that person.

Quoting BugRib:

Although I figure it’s more likely than cockroaches coming back with human personalities.
I don’t know about human faces, but I seem to have met a few people who were obviously cockroaches in a prior life. :lol:
Occam

Quoting BugRib:
Although I figure it’s more likely than cockroaches coming back with human personalities.
I don't know about human faces, but I seem to have met a few people who were obviously cockroaches in a prior life. :lol: Occam
I know a few people who are cockroaches in this life.
Ah yes, a new species: Kochroaches. Cap't Jack
Ah yes, a new species: Kochroaches. Cap't Jack
Brilliant!