David Duke endorses Trump, Trump acts ignorant

Watch the video. Trump says he’s never heard of David Duke. Notice how he doesn’t mention the KKK? He skirts that part and keeps going on about not knowing David Duke, as if anyone in this country who has paid even modest attention to current events the last 30 years hasn’t heard of David Duke. Trump is very carefully walking a line that allows him to benefit from Duke’s endorsement without coming right out and embracing Duke and his racist buddies.
Trump is a fascist, and millions of American are falling for his dangerous rhetoric.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html Watch the video. Trump says he's never heard of David Duke. Notice how he doesn't mention the KKK? He skirts that part and keeps going on about not knowing David Duke, as if anyone in this country who has paid even modest attention to current events the last 30 years hasn't heard of David Duke. Trump is very carefully walking a line that allows him to benefit from Duke's endorsement without coming right out and embracing Duke and his racist buddies. Trump is a fascist, and millions of American are falling for his dangerous rhetoric.
This could be a one-question qualification test for the presidency. Anyone who doesn't know who David Duke is should be disqualified immediately, with Trump at the top of the list of unqualified people running for the nomination. Lois

A year 2000 quote from Trump: (from Wikipedia, on The Reform Party)
“So the Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep.”.[9][10] “Mr Duke” was a reference to David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan.
Donald Trump knows very well who David Duke is.
I don’t know how racist Trump is personally, but I’m pretty sure that he wants the votes from the white supremacist part of his constituency. His equivocation on the topic, can send a subliminal wink and a nod to that part of his constituency.
Also, being outlandish, is a standard tactic to bring attention to himself. Trump does not want the attention going to Rubio, who is now using a similar tactic to try to pummel Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html Watch the video. Trump says he's never heard of David Duke. Notice how he doesn't mention the KKK? He skirts that part and keeps going on about not knowing David Duke, as if anyone in this country who has paid even modest attention to current events the last 30 years hasn't heard of David Duke. Trump is very carefully walking a line that allows him to benefit from Duke's endorsement without coming right out and embracing Duke and his racist buddies. Trump is a fascist, and millions of American are falling for his dangerous rhetoric.
1) Its a big leap to call Trump fascist because David Duke endorsed him. 2) Trump is popular enough that Duke's endorsement doesn't really mean shit. 3) Anybody who likes Trump because of his racism has been on board for a long time, now, so Trump isn't going to suddenly pick up a lot of racist voters. 4) Most Americans have better things to worry about then David Duke - who is nobody to anyone outside of the South.
1) Its a big leap to call Trump fascist because David Duke endorsed him. 2) Trump is popular enough that Duke's endorsement doesn't really mean shit. 3) Anybody who likes Trump because of his racism has been on board for a long time, now, so Trump isn't going to suddenly pick up a lot of racist voters. 4) Most Americans have better things to worry about then David Duke - who is nobody to anyone outside of the South. Your points seem mostly (but not entirely) correct, however they don't belie Darron's supposition that "Trump is very carefully walking a line that allows him to benefit from Duke's endorsement without coming right out and embracing Duke and his racist buddies." I doubt that Trump wants to undermine the enthusiasm of any part of his constituency.

I didn’t call Trump a fascist because David Duke endorsed him. I called him a fascist because he is running under force of personality, is invoking authoritarian authority under his personality and he does not tolerate criticism.

A year 2000 quote from Trump: (from Wikipedia, on The Reform Party) "So the Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep.".[9][10] "Mr Duke" was a reference to David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan. Donald Trump knows very well who David Duke is. I don't know how racist Trump is personally, but I'm pretty sure that he wants the votes from the white supremacist part of his constituency. His equivocation on the topic, can send a subliminal wink and a nod to that part of his constituency. You've got that right. Also, being outlandish, is a standard tactic to bring attention to himself. Trump does not want the attention going to Rubio, who is now using a similar tactic to try to pummel Trump.
I should have written, "Anyone who says he doesn't know who David Duke is or what he stands for . . . "
I didn't call Trump a fascist because David Duke endorsed him. I called him a fascist because he is running under force of personality, is invoking authoritarian authority under his personality and he does not tolerate criticism.
You think he's a fascist because you don't like him. That's all there is to it.
I didn't call Trump a fascist because David Duke endorsed him. I called him a fascist because he is running under force of personality, is invoking authoritarian authority under his personality and he does not tolerate criticism.
You think he's a fascist because you don't like him. That's all there is to it. There's a lot more to it than you think. Trump would build concentration camps for Mexicans instead of the wall he plans to build with Mexican money if he thought he could get away with it. Next step: gas chambers. Lois
You think he's a fascist because you don't like him. That's all there is to it.What's that mean? "Trump is running under the force of his personality" (How many policy statements has he produced? Beyond bragging he can fix it all.) "Invoking authoritarian authority under his personality" (Did you like those little girls on stage and hear their words of adulation of Hrump?) "he does not tolerate criticism" (Got any examples of him tolerating or even acknowledging criticism - not to mention the goon squads at his events, and the sporadic violence against the non-believers that show up.)
"Trump is running under the force of his personality"(How many policy statements has he produced? Beyond bragging he can fix it all.)
Should he be running under the force of someone else's personality? Obviously you haven't listened to the man's speeches. He makes plenty of statements on policy.
"Invoking authoritarian authority under his personality" (Did you like those little girls on stage and hear their words of adulation of Hrump?)
Authoritarian authority? Oh my!! Not under his personality again? :roll: Do you stop to read the stuff you type?
"he does not tolerate criticism" (Got any examples of him tolerating or even acknowledging criticism - not to mention the goon squads at his events, and the sporadic violence against the non-believers that show up.)
He self deprecates constantly. The other day when Sen. Jeff Sessions endorsed him at his rally, Sessions said he wasn't perfect. In front of Trump and the crowd. Trump nodded. People love honesty. So there you go CC.
"Trump is running under the force of his personality"(How many policy statements has he produced? Beyond bragging he can fix it all.)
Should he be running under the force of someone else's personality? Obviously you haven't listened to the man's speeches. He makes plenty of statements on policy.
"Invoking authoritarian authority under his personality" (Did you like those little girls on stage and hear their words of adulation of Hrump?)
Authoritarian authority? Oh my!! Not under his personality again? :roll: Do you stop to read the stuff you type?
"he does not tolerate criticism" (Got any examples of him tolerating or even acknowledging criticism - not to mention the goon squads at his events, and the sporadic violence against the non-believers that show up.)
He self deprecates constantly. The other day when Sen. Jeff Sessions endorsed him at his rally, Sessions said he wasn't perfect. In front of Trump and the crowd. Trump nodded. People love honesty. So there you go CC. You raise some good points, Vyazma. My post was poorly worded. Let me try again. From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism
Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by strong central power and limited political freedoms. Juan Linz's influential 1964 description of authoritarianism[1] characterized authoritarian political systems by four qualities: 1) limited political pluralism; that is, such regimes place constraints on political institutions and groups like legislatures, political parties and interest groups, 2) a basis for legitimacy based on emotion, especially the identification of the regime as a necessary evil to combat "easily recognizable societal problems" such as underdevelopment or insurgency; 3) minimal social mobilization most often caused by constraints on the public like suppression of political opponents and anti-regime activity, 4)and informally defined executive power with often vague and shifting powers.
Trump has stated his intention to override the Constitution and limit Congressional and judicial oversight, his speeches are appeals to emotion, he has said he'll sue anyone who writes mean things about him, and seems incapable of understanding the limit of presidential power (this ties back to No. 1). So Trump is marginally authoritarian. Not as bad as Hitler and Mussolini, but then we haven't seen what he might try if he is elected POTUS.
He makes plenty of statements on policy in speeches...
His harangues are not a substitute of thought out policy statements.
"Should he be running under the force of someone else’s personality?"
A president of our country should have more substance than the "personality force" of an egomaniacal business tycoon. Kennedy had plenty of personality, but he had substance behind that personality of his. Trump doesn't even read anything, he shows no indication of knowing history, science or other humanities. Nothing outside his boardrooms and gold towers. In fact, seems he has contempt for such learning. Manipulation for self-gain, that he knows well - and lathering up a scared, pissed off, gullible public that he's apparently great at also. His kind finds it easier to create enemies, than to constructively face challenges. He's bad news for the future, that's for sure.
Trump has stated his intention to override the Constitution and limit Congressional and judicial oversight, his speeches are appeals to emotion, he has said he'll sue anyone who writes mean things about him, and seems incapable of understanding the limit of presidential power (this ties back to No. 1). So Trump is marginally authoritarian. Not as bad as Hitler and Mussolini, but then we haven't seen what he might try if he is elected POTUS.
I wasn't aware he had made such statements about overriding the Const. If you have citations I would be interested. But in any case, I(myself) wouldn't worry about it. Our laws and systems are very strong to prevent such things. I don't see a problem with authoritarianism happening in the US. In fact I wouldn't recognize the term myself. I would just make the next step to totalitarianism. In other regimes and nations-yes, authoritarianism could be incremental. In the US, no. Not even close. Listen, there's a lot of plain hysteria about Trump. Some of it may be warranted, if you are an illegal alien or refugee, or sympathetic to them. Alot of people are just plain abashed by Trumps plain speak and boorish, bully like behavior. These people who are taken aback are a gentrified, bourgeois strata of society. Trump is a New Yorker, that is how many people in his channels communicate. We have had other Presidents who were just as boorish, plain spoken and cussy. Look at LBJ. That guy was an old Cus, if there ever was one. He's one of my favorites. Hell, he turned down a second term.
Manipulation for self-gain, that he knows well - and lathering up a scared, pissed off, gullible public that he's apparently great at also. His kind finds it easier to create enemies, than to constructively face challenges. He's bad news for the future, that's for sure.
This is what I mean. It's just hysterical sensationalism. I believe Trump believes he wants to make America Great Again. I absolutely do not think he is in this for himself. Absolutely not. The fact that you think that is telling. And he addresses many specific policy points...he doesn't just harangue. You may not agree with many of them, but he does address them. And if there was a Trump president, I'm certain I wouldn't agree with many of his policies. But from my standpoint that doesn't matter. I probably wouldn't agree with some of Sander's policies. The policies put forth by any potential president are not going to come close to what I think policy should be. So it doesn't matter. What does matter is that Trump and Sanders both represent a paradigm shift in this morass of American Political Culture. That is what matters to me. Change. Movement. Shake-ups. Because this crap we have now is dead. It's dead.
And he addresses many specific policy points...he doesn't just harangue. You may not agree with many of them, but he does address them.
Do you have any examples of the policy points he has addressed other than building a wall along the Mexican border and making Mexico pay for it, not allowing Muslims into the country, having the government spy on Muslims, and repealing libel laws so he can sue people and "make lots of money" when he gets butt hurt?

Briefly,
He has made specific points on corporations leaving the US…Corporate inversions. The reasons why they do it and how he would get the money back int the US.
He has made numerous points on the disastrous trade deals we have with other countries including these country’s currency manipulations.
He has stated that he will not mess with Social Security…period.
He has stated that he will eliminate the monopoly that Health Insurances enjoy in having regional/state line boundaries…eliminating competition.
Did you have those comments he made about overriding the Constitution?
Jeez, please tell me you do. You didn’t just make that up, or read it from someone who made it up did you?

Did you have those comments he made about overriding the Constitution? Jeez, please tell me you do. You didn't just make that up, or read it from someone who made it up did you?
You're not going to leave this hanging are you? I'll give you a little time but... Otherwise, is that easy to do? How do you do that? Do you even know you're doing it? yeeecchh!
Briefly, He has made specific points on corporations leaving the US....Corporate inversions. The reasons why they do it and how he would get the money back int the US.
So he's going to stop hiring foreign workers at his resorts and stop buying Chinese made campaign hats?
He has made numerous points on the disastrous trade deals we have with other countries including these country's currency manipulations.
Do you any of those comments?
He has stated that he will not mess with Social Security..period.
Good.
He has stated that he will eliminate the monopoly that Health Insurances enjoy in having regional/state line boundaries...eliminating competition.
Another good point.
Did you have those comments he made about overriding the Constitution?
Did you miss the comments he made about not allowing Muslims in the country? Or the ones about having government agencies spy on Muslims whoever they gather?
Jeez, please tell me you do. You didn't just make that up, or read it from someone who made it up did you?
Nope. The comments came straight from The Donald's mouth. If you had been paying attention you would know that.

You asked for policy points. There they are. That’s some of them.
I’m not here to do your leg work for you.
I’m not aware of any muslim comments made by Trump.
If he did he was just grandstanding. It’s against the law to discriminate against race, creed, religion, sex, handicap, etc…
People say the darndest things when they get emotional. I’m not worried.