Cuteness is weakness

Lausten: I didn’t know you could step away from that.
Right living side steps the pain that plague others. So far, so good. I feel protected.
And Xain, what then are you complaining about? If you possess these traits you should have no problem in making friends and enjoying their respect.

If for some reason they seem overly sympathetic or awkward, give them time to adjust to an unusual situation. Everyone has their own demons to deal with. But people of good-will always make an effort to do what they feel is the right thing. It’s up to you to understand their unique situations also.

Respect is “earned”. Sometimes it takes work.

Because it doesn’t work like that. It’s like when it comes to people who are “nice”. It’s good to be around but dull all the time. It’s the same with being child-like, people just don’t see things the way you do and you look weird getting all enthused and curious. It’s not something people want to befriend and it makes you more of a pet than anything else.

It’s good to be around but dull all the time. It’s the same with being child-like, people just don’t see things the way you do and you look weird getting all enthused and curious.
You don't get it. Every situation is different. Haven't you ever noticed that when you're in different situations, you actually behave slightly differently. Because different people and circumstance bring out different aspects of, dare I say the real you. Nothing wrong or phony about it, different people and circumstances demand different responses.

Just for shits and grins, I’ll add that simply because you’ll never know (and others will never know) who the “real” you is, doesn’t mean there isn’t a real “you” inside of you. Growing and changing all the time, because you are today the sum total of all the days and experiences that came before.

Oh and it’s not so much any specific actions or incidents or even people involved, it’s the attitude and feeling they infuse us with. Could say, it’s the social fabric that binds us.

But you always reduce these things to cartoon melodrama descriptives and life is simply more nuanced than that.

You don’t get it. Every situation is different. Haven’t you ever noticed that when you’re in different situations, you actually behave slightly differently. Because different people and circumstance bring out different aspects of, dare I say the real you. Nothing wrong or phony about it, different people and circumstances demand different responses.

Just for shits and grins, I’ll add that simply because you’ll never know (and others will never know) who the “real” you is, doesn’t mean there isn’t a real “you” inside of you. Growing and changing all the time, because you are today the sum total of all the days and experiences that came before.

Oh and it’s not so much any specific actions or incidents or even people involved, it’s the attitude and feeling they infuse us with. Could say, it’s the social fabric that binds us.

But you always reduce these things to cartoon melodrama descriptives and life is simply more nuanced than that.

It’s not nuanced from what I see. My life is a series of masks meant to conceal what I really want and feel. My responses are calculated to what the people around me are doing and I select and craft my replies to what they want to hear the most or would like the most. But it’s fake and I die a little each time I do that because I know I’m just “fitting in” I’m not “being”. They don’t bring it out. But it’s hard to just sit in silence and the need to belong, even if it’s from an artificial response or fake mask, it usually trumps being true. Which is what I meant that the real “me” the child like one doesn’t fit in the world around me and has to put on these masks and pretend for others.

thatoneguy: On that note, when women say a man is cute it can mean dozens of different things depending on context, so it’s a pretty worthless compliment to men overall. That’s why I say cuteness doesn’t really mesh with being a grown man.
The idea of a grown man in America used to be this guy before they started hating us:

I can’t fit the description of the ideal man because of my baby face among other qualities that aren’t very manly.

Xain said; I can’t fit the description of the ideal man because of my baby face among other qualities that aren’t very manly.
"ideal man" ? Who do you see as an ideal man? Who do you see as an ideal woman?

What’s more important, what do you think others (women or men) view as an “ideal man”.

If you have seen which types women see as ideal men, the range is very large.

Women usually like stable “smart men” who can offer security for their offspring. Men usually like “smart women” who can offer a stable home environment for their offspring.

Looks are secondary and only “in the eye of the beholder”. There is no such thing as an ideal man or woman.

The idea of a grown man in America used to be this guy before they started hating us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKI9Mcwaf14
That guy looks more boyish than manly; the kind of guy who would’ve been on posters in teen girls bedrooms but probably wouldn’t have appealed much to grown women.

I agree with Write4U in that there is no such thing as an ideal man or woman. I don’t even think, unless it’s body types, society proposes an ideal man or woman. Back in the 60s, Twiggy was the model. In the 70s, “You could never be too rich or too thin”, at least according to the Duchess of Windsor who said it, and by the 80s Karen Carpenter died of Anorexia. By the 2000, there was backlash against body shaming. Aside from that, I don’t know of any indication society gives of the ideal man and woman. Unless the ideal woman is Twiggy and I don’t think she is, not now at least. For those too young to know who Twiggy is, I provided a couple of link, the second one has pics of her. I think Karen Carpenter and Duchess of Windsor are easy to find.

The ideal man would be strong and competent, having masculine traits and such. I have no hopes for that.

It’s all BS and most of those alleged ideals are airbrushing and not real. No one can reach the ideal and to even try could kill you. I wouldn’t worry about a young face- you’ll appreciate it more when you’re older.

theoneguy: That guy looks more boyish than manly; the kind of guy who would’ve been on posters in teen girls bedrooms but probably wouldn’t have appealed much to grown women.
True, but teen girls are pure of heart. They don't have wiles of grown women. If you want a good life-long marriage, start early with a teen girl. If you are not already married to your high school sweetheart, stay clear and stay safe, like me.

Sree, marrying right out of high school is a really bad idea and bad advice. People need time to mature- go to college and/or spend time working, becoming their own person before marrying. People coming out of high school are still kids. IMHO, no one is really mature until well into their 20s, if not 30s, but I wouldn’t advice getting married until one is at least 25 and maybe not even then.

It’s all BS and most of those alleged ideals are airbrushing and not real. No one can reach the ideal and to even try could kill you. I wouldn’t worry about a young face- you’ll appreciate it more when you’re older.
I don't know, the body isn't that much of a lie.

People don’t really want a guy who looks like a kid and has the child-like qualities. Also whoever said that curiosity and willingness to learn were good things should be shot, they have caused me nothing but trouble and depression.

No I was saying what one sees on TV and magazines isn’t real. Humans don’t look like we see in the media and curiosity and willingness to learn are good traits. I don’t think people saying that is the root of anyone’s depression. However, if you’re in your 20s, I wouldn’t worry about looking so young.

Mriana, love is a springtime affair when flowers bloom and bees are in the air. I can still remember those wonderful times in my life when girls at school couldn’t take their eyes off me. I was seventeen going on eighteen. It’s the best time to pair off with a girl for life. I am not suggesting that kids get married then. I am talking about the formation of an eternal relationship.

ROFL Springtime event? For humans? Pairing off with another at 17 doesn’t mean a marriage will last for life. Actually, humans often don’t pair off for life. Things change, people change, and if they marry too young or too soon, such marriages don’t last. Statistically, teen marriages often don’t last.

True, but teen girls are pure of heart. They don’t have wiles of grown women. If you want a good life-long marriage, start early with a teen girl. If you are not already married to your high school sweetheart, stay clear and stay safe, like me.
I don't know Sree, when I was a teen, girls were pretty wiley and miles ahead of the guys. They got a little bit nicer in their 20s.

But, you’re right about not waiting too long to start.

No I was saying what one sees on TV and magazines isn’t real. Humans don’t look like we see in the media and curiosity and willingness to learn are good traits. I don’t think people saying that is the root of anyone’s depression. However, if you’re in your 20s, I wouldn’t worry about looking so young.
I guess the young thing maybe, but the curiosity and willingness to learn I can say are detriments. I would have been far happier in my bubble.

Hey Oneguy, I am talking about teen girls in grandma’s days when our country was great.