Christian nationalism today

@mytwocentsworth
There are plenty of forums where people just trade insults. Maybe you would be happier there.

1 Like

There are plenty more comments for deflection in the back pocket

Are you proud of your deflections?

Let him speak for himself!!!

What are you talking about?

Oh boy, I’ll bet there are.

What should I speak to?

That’s idiotic, who do you think you are talking to?
Don’t assign meaningless labels to me. Mike simply happens to be sitting in the seat, got nothing to do with me.
Sometimes we just have to get used to dealing with life and the hand we are dealt.

mytwocentsworth, ask a sincere, substantive question then we can start a constructive, maybe even fun discussion. Though we won’t solve the world and it is what it is.

1 Like

I ask because i read this.

Better such a devil than a faithful ultra Christian conservative.

Not an easy choice.

Michael Johnson is a ultra christian conservative!!!

2 Likes

Oh so it seems Christian Nationalism is at the heart of Project2025.

The emperor in power in Jesus’s time, Caesar Augustus, was known for ushering in a Golden Age of Moral Values that went hand in hand with that Pax Romana, and it meant war and death, especially for the poor.

Fast forward millennia and that world bears a strange resemblance to the media distractions, violence, and regressive policies that MAGA and other extremists are pushing forward in our times.

Whether it’s Donald Trump’s assertion that “I alone can fix your problems”; Supreme Court and state legislative attacks on reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, and trans youth in the name of family values; cuts to welfare, healthcare, worker’s rights and other life-sustaining programs to protect corporate interests; the militarizing of endless communities by allowing guns (especially AR-15 rifles) to proliferate, while offering only thoughts and prayers to the victims of violence, the MAGA movement is promoting culture wars and extremist policies under the banner of Christian nationalism.

In doing so, its leaders are perfecting a disdain for the excluded, exploited, and rejected that hurts the poor first and worst, but impacts all of society.

And now, after decades of neoliberal plunder and the coronation of an avowed Christian nationalist — Speaker of the House Mike Johnson — to the third most powerful position in the government, the Christian Right and its wealthy patrons have their eyes set on an even more ambitious power-grab: Project 2025. Articulated through the Heritage Foundation’s 2025 Presidential Transition Project, it’s a sprawling plan to maximize presidential power with hundreds of newly trained and deployed political operatives during Donald Trump’s next presidency. …

Project 2025 Exposed: The Trump allies seeking a Christian nationalist coup

Some tell me that Christian Nationalists isn’t a problem. Same, same,

I think not!

Right, and trump is in charge of that too. LINK