Check the expiration date on your ID!

Sree, do you have MPD?

Sree, do you have MPD?
MPD is a psychological condition for coping with a traumatic life situation. Granted, life isn't a cakewalk living among crazies in America these days. Your way of coping is to mire yourself with hate and dump on Donald Trump. My way is to disassociate myself from the mess and look for better tomorrows. I believe in America. We have a fundamentally sound country and the best is yet to come.

@sree what does a horse and buggy have to do with the Constitution? Absolutely nothing from what I can see. However, if you are going start that crap, let’s get rid of the 2nd Amendment, because we no longer live in the wilderness nor should we continue to be uncivilized attempting to kill each other. We also don’t need to be killing other animals either.

Your way of coping is to mire yourself with hate and dump on Donald Trump. My way is to disassociate myself from the mess and look for better tomorrows.
Hmmm, but you don't have the sense to recognize all the hatred trump is dumping on America???

TRUMP HATE MAP

We’ve seen the proof since his campaign launch in June 2015.

President-elect Donald Trump’s xenophobic rhetoric didn’t just push his fellow candidates to the right on immigration (in what has become known as the “Trump Effect”). It’s gone beyond the political world and injected itself into everyday life — and, in many instances across dozens of states, in a very violent ways.

This map shows documented instances where President-elect Donald Trump, his supporters, or his staff have harassed or attacked Latinos, immigrants, Muslim-American, African-Americans, and other minority and marginalized groups.

You can view individual incidents on the map by clicking directly on the Trump head “markers,” or you can click on the box-shaped symbol at the top left corner of the map to see a pull-down list of the incidents. … https://americasvoice.org/trumphatemap/

Trump's Timeline of Hate

Trump's Timeline of Hate - Human Rights Campaign

The Effect of President Trump's Election on Hate Crimes

https ://papers _ ssrn _ com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3102652

24 Pages Posted: 18 Jan 2018 Last revised: 31 Jan 2019

Griffin Sims Edwards
University of Alabama at Birmingham - Department of Marketing, Industrial Distribution & Economics

Stephen Rushin
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Date Written: January 14, 2018

Abstract
This Essay empirically evaluates the relationship between Donald Trump’s rise to power and the recent increase in reported hate crimes. A number of critics predicted that President Trump’s divisive rhetoric during the presidential campaign and his subsequent election would embolden hate crime perpetrators, thereby contributing to more hate crimes. Media commentators have dubbed this the Trump Effect.

We find compelling evidence to support the Trump Effect hypothesis. Using time series analysis, we show that Donald Trump’s election in November of 2016 was associated with a statistically significant surge in reported hate crimes across the United States, even when controlling for alternative explanations. Further, by using panel regression techniques, we show that counties that voted for President Trump by the widest margins in the presidential election also experienced the largest increases in reported hate crimes.

Using the data from this study, we offer a novel theory that builds on the existing literature on the causes of hate crimes. We hypothesize that it was not just Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric throughout the political campaign that caused hate crimes to increase. Rather, we argue that it was Trump’s subsequent election as President of the United States that validated this rhetoric in the eyes of perpetrators and fueled the hate crime surge.

Keywords: Hate Crime, Causes of Crime, Donald Trump

Suggested Citation:

Edwards, Griffin Sims and Rushin, Stephen, The Effect of President Trump’s Election on Hate Crimes (January 14, 2018). Available at SSRN: https : //ssrn _com/abstract=3102652 or http : //dx.doi _org/10.2139/ssrn.3102652

Your way of coping is to mire yourself with hate and dump on Donald Trump. My way is to disassociate myself from the mess and look for better tomorrows.
Hmmm, but you don't have the sense to recognize all the hatred trump is dumping on America???

TRUMP HATE MAP

We’ve seen the proof since his campaign launch in June 2015.

President-elect Donald Trump’s xenophobic rhetoric didn’t just push his fellow candidates to the right on immigration (in what has become known as the “Trump Effect”). It’s gone beyond the political world and injected itself into everyday life — and, in many instances across dozens of states, in a very violent ways.

This map shows documented instances where President-elect Donald Trump, his supporters, or his staff have harassed or attacked Latinos, immigrants, Muslim-American, African-Americans, and other minority and marginalized groups.

You can view individual incidents on the map by clicking directly on the Trump head “markers,” or you can click on the box-shaped symbol at the top left corner of the map to see a pull-down list of the incidents. … https : //americasvoice - org/trumphatemap/

Trump's Timeline of Hate

https : //www _ hrc _ org/resources/trumps-timeline-of-hate

The Effect of President Trump's Election on Hate Crimes

https ://papers _ ssrn _ com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3102652

24 Pages Posted: 18 Jan 2018 Last revised: 31 Jan 2019

Griffin Sims Edwards
University of Alabama at Birmingham - Department of Marketing, Industrial Distribution & Economics

Stephen Rushin
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Date Written: January 14, 2018

Abstract
This Essay empirically evaluates the relationship between Donald Trump’s rise to power and the recent increase in reported hate crimes. A number of critics predicted that President Trump’s divisive rhetoric during the presidential campaign and his subsequent election would embolden hate crime perpetrators, thereby contributing to more hate crimes. Media commentators have dubbed this the Trump Effect.

We find compelling evidence to support the Trump Effect hypothesis. Using time series analysis, we show that Donald Trump’s election in November of 2016 was associated with a statistically significant surge in reported hate crimes across the United States, even when controlling for alternative explanations. Further, by using panel regression techniques, we show that counties that voted for President Trump by the widest margins in the presidential election also experienced the largest increases in reported hate crimes.

Using the data from this study, we offer a novel theory that builds on the existing literature on the causes of hate crimes. We hypothesize that it was not just Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric throughout the political campaign that caused hate crimes to increase. Rather, we argue that it was Trump’s subsequent election as President of the United States that validated this rhetoric in the eyes of perpetrators and fueled the hate crime surge.

Keywords: Hate Crime, Causes of Crime, Donald Trump

Suggested Citation:

Edwards, Griffin Sims and Rushin, Stephen, The Effect of President Trump’s Election on Hate Crimes (January 14, 2018). Available at SSRN: https : //ssrn _com/abstract=3102652 or http : //dx.doi _org/10.2139/ssrn.3102652

TRUMP HATE MAP
Thanks for keeping track of these CC, I save them often.
Hmmm, but you don’t have the sense to recognize all the hatred trump is dumping on America???
There are wackos all over the country of 340 million people, and your hate map puts the blame for all their actions on Donald Trump. How would you like to be kicked in the butt by a wacko who blames you for deaths caused by the storms in Iowa?

@mriana

However, if you are going start that crap, let’s get rid of the 2nd Amendment, because we no longer live in the wilderness nor should we continue to be uncivilized attempting to kill each other.
The Second Amendment protects our right to bear arms. It does not give us the right to use guns to shoot people or even animals unless we have permission to hunt. The typical gun owner, protected by the Amendment, is a law-abiding citizen who must abide by rules on carrying, use, and storage of guns. Criminal use of guns has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

@sree we don’t need guns, IMHO, and you were talking about bring the Constitution into the modern day (which isn’t needed doing). Also, the dotard has killed more than 200,000 people and that’s not counting the Latinos at the border.

Are you thankful that you are living in a country that works?

Coronavirus response. Isn’t this the job of State Governors? Even funds needed for the response had to be approved by Congress. How did Trump stand in the way of the coronavirus response in the US?

This is just contrite nonsense. What is “a country that works”? Works in what way? In this particular instance? In every way? That’s just a nonsense question.

As for the other quote, problems in a particular state are the job of that state’s government. Nationwide and, in this case, worldwide problems those are the job of the federal government. The federal government has powers state governments do not. Since this is, you know, an actual COUNTRY and not a conglomeration of smaller countries, there are no border checks when going from one state to another. That means that ONLY a federal government response can handle a pandemic. If 49 states do everything perfectly and just 1 does not then all 50 states are in trouble.

And it very much IS unarguably the job of the president to “lead”, which he failed at miserably early on and still continues to fail at today. And, by the way, he also WHINED about it unceasingly when states DID do the job you assigned to them because he couldn’t have his huge rallies because the mean governors were limiting crowd sizes. AND let’s not forget that early on he clearly stated that ONLY HE had the power to decide how much states would and would not shut down and when they would fully reopen.

It’s convenient to have those wings on those goalposts isn’t it? That way you get to push all the blame off on the governors when it doesn’t go well, and you also get to push all the blame off on the governors when they’re doing exactly what you say their job is, but you don’t like how they’re doing it. And I’m sure you’ve never, ever, anywhere given Trump any credit whatsoever for the federal government’s response because it’s the governor who were supposed to have a response, not the federal government.

I can accept that you can really, actually know who and what Trump is and still support him. But what I can’t accept is the lies you tell yourself. You know he’s a liar, right? And not just in an “all politicians lie” sort of way, it’s unprecedented. And you know his own son took a meeting in Trump Tower for the explicit purpose of getting help from the Russian government with the 2016 election, right? You know that’s indisputable fact? And you know he tried to strong arm the Ukraine into helping him with this election, right? I mean, that happened. He REPEATEDLY seeks to get foreign governments to meddle in American elections. You accept that’s true and you’re okay with that, right? As I said, I can accept it if your opinion is at least based in reality. But the reality is that Trump didn’t think it was the governor’s responsibility to handle a pandemic when he was criticizing Obama’s handling of Ebola. There’s an old saying, “What’s fair for the goose is fair for the gander”. You get to pick ONE position, not switch back and forth when it’s convenient. Was Trump an idiot for chastising Obama’s handling of Ebola because that wasn’t even his job or was Trump an idiot for fumbling the pandemic response? I’ll give you a hint: BOTH! 11 Americans got Ebola and most came back to America with it already. There was no fumble because Obama did his damned job!

... the best is yet to come.
True. But the best part of a t rump administration is when it ends.
Criminal use of guns has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. -- Sree
All rights are subject to laws and regulations. You can't define a right without also defining how you can't use that right. Free speech is an easier one because everyone is familiar with slander and inciting a riot. Precedence and after precedent for most of US history has supported the idea that gun ownership and use can be regulated. It doesn't matter that "most people" are law abiding and responsible. Most people don't break in to my house, but we have laws against it anyway.
All rights are subject to laws and regulations. You can’t define a right without also defining how you can’t use that right. Free speech is an easier one because everyone is familiar with slander and inciting a riot. Precedence and after precedent for most of US history has supported the idea that gun ownership and use can be regulated.
Gun right is regulated by federal and state laws. Abiding by them doesn't mean you are in the clear. Gun owners know too well that just because you can shoot someone in self-defense doesn't mean you won't go to jail. Look at it this way. The right to bear arms is no different from the right to your manhood. Make a wrong move in using your junk and you can have the book thrown at you every which way.

@mriana

@sree we don’t need guns,
Yes and no. In the city, guns are best left in the hands of law enforcement. But then, I can't speak for folks - especially women - who don't live in a safe neighborhood where I am.

Away from the cities, America is very safe and folks don’t even lock their doors. And that is where the Second Amendment is worshipped. In big sky country, the love of guns has nothing to do with all that crime and killing in the cities.

Poor mriana, you do live in a bad world.

But then, I can’t speak for folks – especially women – who don’t live in a safe neighborhood where I am.
Yes, the wymin folk need them sum guns an account o' them bein' weak an' hepless an' awl.

@sree

Poor mriana, you do live in a bad world.

I didn’t until the dotard took over. The world wasn’t so bad until that vulgar orange creature moved into the Big House.

Ain’t that the truth? But just imagine… in 61 days or so … we could know if the hellish regime of the t rump will soon be coming to an end. Or it might take weeks to know, if the t rump can finagle some undermining of some sort.

I heard tonight that if Biden wins the popular vote by over 4% (I think it was) then he has a 74% chance to win the electoral college. Below 4%, the likelihood of winning the Presidency drops off precipitously. That’s right, in the Presidential election, the Dems spot the Reps 4%.

In 2016, Hillary beat the t rump by 2.1% of the popular vote. But there was a bigger %# than that of all of the votes of all of the other candidates. (32 of them) Check out the table on this site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_party_and_independent_candidates_for_the_2016_United_States_presidential_election#Poll_standings

Ha! Bernie was 7th with over 100K votes. That should have all gone to Hillary. And some from the Green Party total and Hillary would have been POTUS. But Nooooooooooo. Instead we got the gawd-awful putridly incompetent disordered personality that is dividing and gutting us worse every day.

This time, hopefully, the off-voters will realize what is at stake. The t rump has made it pretty clear that we will go down the toilet with him, if we do not vote him out big time.

@timb He’s trying to steal the election as we speak by destroying the post office and allowing Russia (maybe others too) to infer with our elections and who knows, he maybe trying to pay of the EC again, because he’s already been caught embezzling campaign funds.

If we actually had a good election system then the vote might have worked out the way you described. I forget what kind of voting system that is called.