Carla Provost, chief of the Border Patrol & abusive facebook groups

Oh lookie here Mike, I was just doing a little fact checking to support a statement I’m typing out and look at what’s hot off the wire;

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/12/news-border-patrol-chief-was-part-racist-facebook-group-not-surprising-critics

Published on Friday, July 12, 2019
by Common Dreams
News That Border Patrol Chief Was Part of Racist Facebook Group ‘Not Surprising’: Critics “The agency’s culture is violent and racist for a reason.” by Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Carla Provost, the chief of the Border Patrol, was a member of racist, abusive Facebook groups that were publicized in June by ProPublica and The Intercept.

Provost, according to reporting by The Intercept’s Ryan Devereaux, is "one of several Border Patrol supervisors The Intercept has identified as current or former participants in the secret Facebook group.

When news of the Facebook groups first broke, Provost said that the content of the groups was “completely inappropriate and contrary to the honor and integrity I see—and expect—from our agents day in and day out.”

“Any employees found to have violated our standards of conduct will be held accountable,” Provost added.

In a statement to The Intercept’s Devereaux, CBP said the agency took action against the offenders in the group:

CBP does not tolerate misconduct on or off duty and will hold those who violate our code of conduct accountable. Several CBP employees have received cease and desist letters and several of those have been placed on administrative duties pending the results of the investigation. These posts do not reflect the core values of the Agency and do not reflect the vast majority of employees who conduct themselves professionally and honorably every day, on and off duty.
Provost did not return a request for comment from Devereaux and The Intercept. But it appears that the chief will have to answer for her involvement in the group soon. Lawmakers expressed their anger over the reporting on Twitter and called for Provost to step down. … "

Oh but that’s Common Dreams, more of your bad guys, so ignore it all, fake news, crisis what crisis???

BORDER PATROL CHIEF CARLA PROVOST WAS A MEMBER OF SECRET FACEBOOK GROUP https://theintercept.com/2019/07/12/border-patrol-chief-carla-provost-was-a-member-of-secret-facebook-group/ Ryan Devereaux

July 12 2019,

Evidence of Provost’s participation in the secret Border Patrol group comes as Ocasio-Cortez, along with Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas;, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich.; and Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., head into a hearing with the Committee on Oversight and Reform and the inspectors general of DHS and the Department of Health and Human Services on Friday to discuss their recent visit to detention centers along the border.

As both ProPublica and The Intercept have reported, the lawmakers visit was a hot topic among “I’m 10-15” members, who discussed throwing burritos at the members of Congress or, in the case of one El Paso-based agent, staging a “bang in” to relieve stress from their presence. In a statement to the press Wednesday, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, chair of the oversight committee, said the Facebook group would be a topic of discussion at the hearing. The Maryland Democrat has opened an investigation into the group and, in a letter to Mark Zuckerberg, requested that the Facebook executive see to it that his company “preserve all documents, communications, and other data related to the ‘I’m 10-15’ group” including “log files and metadata.” …

Now back to the counter-productive insanity of what Trump has done at the border, there is always tomorrow, and these kids always grow up, and once again there will be hell to pay back.

Remember the days when terrorists against American’s where a fringe of wild-eyed crazy people. Then came America/Cheney/Bush thumping their chests supported by transparent FAKE FACTS. Transparent as cling wrap, yet pretty much everyone lined up. We do love our wars.

SHOCK’N AWE war for prime time Americans lathered up to suck blood - thus proving to the home town crowd that Americans actually were every bit the Great Satans the crazies had been screaming for years. What it achieve??? Now terrorism against America became mainstream - why, because we showed so much contempt for their innocents and their neighborhoods and towns/cities, we bombed them to hell with glee in ‘our’ eyes*.

• Well okay, way the heck too many of ‘them’ so the ‘we’ are just as culpable for not standing up and being able to talk them down. For our inability to defend basic humane principles; and point out the universal rights and wrongs. Nah, we’re so fucking entitled, if they don’t jump to our every command, heap bombs, hell and damnation upon them, just like the Good Book says.

Here we go again, this time it’s different, but the same old shit at the border. You can be sure that the blow back will come. Who needs global warming to destroy our Earth, when our business leaders and their political pets are doing such a dang good job purely with today’s global ME FIRST political/business power-games that will ensure the situation will continue spiraling our society towards an utter catastrophe of disfunctionality.

For Provost, a veteran of the Border Patrol who was named head of the agency in August 2018, the group’s existence and content should have come as no surprise. Three months after her appointment to chief, Provost herself had posted in the group, then known as “I’m 10-15,” now archived as “America First X 2.” Provost’s comment was innocuous — a friendly clap-back against a group member who questioned her rise to the top of the Border Patrol — but her participation in the group, which she has since left, raises serious questions.
For some that would be a full exoneration - for others it shows way too much sympathy (if not affinity) with the racist fringe. Besides, chief officers set the tone for the entire organization.
For some that would be a full exoneration – for others it shows way too much sympathy (if not affinity) with the racist fringe.
Since there is no evidence of her saying anything "bad" it looks like sissy pearl-clutching from the usual crowd.
Besides, chief officers set the tone for the entire organization.
Only if they are strong men.
Now back to the counter-productive insanity of what Trump has done at the border, there is always tomorrow, and these kids always grow up, and once again there will be hell to pay back. Remember the days when terrorists against American’s where a fringe of wild-eyed crazy people. Then came America/Cheney/Bush thumping their chests supported by transparent FAKE FACTS. Transparent as cling wrap, yet pretty much everyone lined up. We do love our wars.

SHOCK’N AWE war for prime time Americans lathered up to suck blood – thus proving to the home town crowd that Americans actually were every bit the Great Satans the crazies had been screaming for years. What it achieve??? Now terrorism against America became mainstream – why, because we showed so much contempt for their innocents and their neighborhoods and towns/cities, we bombed them to hell with glee in ‘our’ eyes*.

• Well okay, way the heck too many of ‘them’ so the ‘we’ are just as culpable for not standing up and being able to talk them down. For our inability to defend basic humane principles; and point out the universal rights and wrongs. Nah, we’re so fucking entitled, if they don’t jump to our every command, heap bombs, hell and damnation upon them, just like the Good Book says.

Here we go again, this time it’s different, but the same old shit at the border. You can be sure that the blow back will come. Who needs global warming to destroy our Earth, when our business leaders and their political pets are doing such a dang good job purely with today’s global ME FIRST political/business power-games that will ensure the situation will continue spiraling our society towards an utter catastrophe of disfunctionality.

You are hysterically crazy.

THIS IS WHAT A LIFETIME OF WEED DOES TO YOU KIDS.

No it’s what soberly reading news and history tells use.

What you don’t think there will be blowback??? Seriously? No wonder we keep doing these totally self-destructive things.

Aren’t you the guy that doesn’t believe scientists know what they are talking about regarding manmade global warming? Like you’re in a position to judge anyone.

Oh yeah, it’s not about that it’s about distracting. I point out how we made terrorism against America justified and main stream for much of the third world through our own actions - but rather than point out where I am wrong factually, you choose the ‘shot the messenger’ approach. Make up who want to believe I am, and attack that. But for god sake lets never, never, never soberly assess America’s many vicious acts towards others and how they in turn have harmed our own country, internally and abroad.

Let me show you how it’s done.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it:

https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigrants-rights/ice-and-border-patrol-abuses

In recent years, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has detained and deported record numbers of people from the United States. Many of ICE’s removal tactics take away even the right to a fair hearing in court, as the government rushes to judgment and tries to ram people through a rubber-stamp system that ignores individual circumstances. These enforcement programs pose a variety of threats to civil liberties: They implicate the Fourth Amendment’s protection against unreasonable searches and seizures, the constitutional guarantee of due process, and the constitutional guarantee of equal protection and freedom from discrimination based on race, ethnicity, and national origin. ICE’s enforcement practices also impose heavy social costs, tearing American families apart and undermining community trust in law enforcement.

THE BORDER PATROL HAS BEEN A CULT OF BRUTALITY SINCE 1924

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/12/border-patrol-history/

Greg Grandin | January 12 2019

SINCE ITS FOUNDING in the early 20th century, the U.S. Border Patrol has operated with near-complete impunity, arguably serving as the most politicized and abusive branch of federal law enforcement — even more so than the FBI during J. Edgar Hoover’s directorship.

The 1924 Immigration Act tapped into a xenophobia with deep roots in the U.S. history. The law effectively eliminated immigration from Asia and sharply reduced arrivals from southern and eastern Europe. Most countries were now subject to a set quota system, with the highest numbers assigned to western Europe. As a result, new arrivals to the United States were mostly white Protestants. Nativists were largely happy with this new arrangement, but not with the fact that Mexico, due to the influence of U.S. business interests that wanted to maintain access to low-wage workers, remained exempt from the quota system. “Texas needs these Mexican immigrants,” said the state’s Chamber of Commerce.

Having lost the national debate when it came to restricting Mexicans, white supremacists — fearing that the country’s open-border policy with Mexico was hastening the “mongrelization” of the United States — took control of the U.S. Border Patrol, also established in 1924, and turned it into a frontline instrument of race vigilantism. As the historian Kelly Lytle Hernández has shown, the patrol’s first recruits were white men one or two generations removed from farm life. Some had a military or county sheriff background, while others transferred from border-town police departments or the Texas Rangers — all agencies with their own long tradition of unaccountable brutality. Their politics stood in opposition to the big borderland farmers and ranchers. They didn’t think that Texas — or Arizona, New Mexico, and California — needed Mexican migrants.

by Sarah Macaraeg | May 2, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/02/fatal-encounters-97-deaths-point-to-pattern-of-border-agent-violence-across-america

Fatal encounters: 97 deaths point to pattern of border agent violence across America.
In the last 15 years, agents with Customs and Border Protection have used deadly force in states up to 160 miles from the border, from Maine to California.

The Border Patrol Files
They are the largest federal law enforcement agency, with sweeping powers and a reach 100 miles into the interior of the US. But they have a worrying record — a Guardian investigation shows the federal government has paid out millions in compensation after a litany of deaths, abuses and negligence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/rape-texas-border-immigrants-esteban-manzanares.html

By Manny Fernandez | Nov. 12, 2018

MCALLEN, Tex. — The Border Patrol agent, she remembers, was calm when he tied her to the tree and put silver duct tape over her mouth. He said very little.

She was a 14-year-old undocumented immigrant who had just crossed the Rio Grande, traveling with a teenage friend and the friend’s mother from Honduras. They had hoped to surrender to the Border Patrol and stay in the United States.

But instead of taking them in for processing, the agent, Esteban Manzanares, had driven them to an isolated, wooded area 16 miles outside the border city of McAllen, Tex. There he sexually assaulted the friend and viciously attacked her and her mother, twisting their necks, slashing their wrists and leaving them, finally, to bleed in the brush. Then he led the 14-year-old girl to the tree.

“I only asked him why he was doing this,” she recalled. “Why me? He would only say that he had been thinking about it for days. He had been thinking about this for days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/us/politics/border-agency-employees-arrested.html

By Ron Nixon | Oct. 12, 2018

WASHINGTON — More than 500 employees of the United States’ primary border security agency were charged with drug trafficking, accepting bribes and a range of other crimes over a two-year period, according to reports released on Friday.

The reports, released by Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Human Resource Management and its Office of Professional Responsibility, covered the years 2016 and 2017.

The most common arrests were related to misconduct involving drugs or alcohol; the reports concluded that 109 employees faced those kinds of charges in 2016, and 119 in 2017.

Domestic or family misconduct was the second most common reason for the arrest of the border agency employees — 51 in 2017, up from 44 the previous year, the data show.

Jesus, I do a little more snooping and oh my, it turns out even worse than I thought. But you’ll find an excuse to dismiss and ignore all it.

How does that work???

Would love to learn that little secret.

ICE tactics are unpleasant for illegals — that’s a good thing.

I don’t care about their feelings.

Do you believe that if peoples lives are in danger, due to violence they did not cause, they should be able to cross a border to safety?

Partly, but the country they enter ultimately makes the rules.

Okay. What should our rules be? Should be act like a country of immigrants and invite the next generation in? Regardless of the country they came from? Should we welcome new workers who will help build new businesses? Should we educate people, just like we do for the rest of the people here, not knowing where the next genius will come from?

And in case you ask, yes, we should hold them accountable to the rule of law. Crossing the border outside of a designated border station is a misdemeanor, I have no problem with that, give them a ticket. If you are carrying a large quantity of drugs, definitely should be detained. The drugs should be sent to me for safe disposal.

You know if we’d have taken the obvious deniable but unavoidable dangers of our increasingly run away population growth back in the 60s and 70s when we finally ‘discovered’ the dangers of over-crowding and the Earth’s ability to support us - Perhaps we wouldn’t be so crowded.

But we didn’t and now the solution is to allow the Robber Barons and slave owners and drivers of child labor to once again take control of the reigns of power, as Yohe has alluded to so eloquently:

Mike Y.: Point being. Just because you are born here. Live here. Work here. That does not make you an American other than by birth. You might be a communist. Americanism is an idea built upon knowledge. The way people should live and treat each other. The Democrats are in no way Americans for the most part.
Last night got up at 3:30 AM to attend to a wonder little baby, then back to bed and that stupid paragraph kept me up a long time before I was able to sleep again. It's requiring quite the mental acrobatics to glory in the birth and early weeks, (2, 5, 8) of a healthy happy baby, while keeping the knowledge of trends and the horror show they are marching us into at bay.

Mike again reinforced how really really ugly and hopeless it has become. Trump wants to tear this country apart and that’s so easy to do with our Hollywood weaned, entitled feeling, never enough population. Putin must really be feeling on top of the world.

And the left still seems not to have figured out how to enunciate the horror of Trump and where he’s working at taking us.

Okay. What should our rules be? Should be act like a country of immigrants and invite the next generation in? Regardless of the country they came from? Should we welcome new workers who will help build new businesses? Should we educate people, just like we do for the rest of the people here, not knowing where the next genius will come from? And in case you ask, yes, we should hold them accountable to the rule of law. Crossing the border outside of a designated border station is a misdemeanor, I have no problem with that, give them a ticket. If you are carrying a large quantity of drugs, definitely should be detained. The drugs should be sent to me for safe disposal.
The rules are fine as is, but there are too many people too soon and there is no way to accommodate this situation without blood and tears.

Their blood and tears.

You know if we’d have taken the obvious deniable but unavoidable dangers of our increasingly run away population growth back in the 60s and 70s when we finally ‘discovered’ the dangers of over-crowding and the Earth’s ability to support us – Perhaps we wouldn’t be so crowded.
Overpopulation has nothing to do with this situation. This is about political corruption and Latin American incompetence.
The rules are fine as is
The laws have not changed much in 30 years, but the policies recently have. The law says, let people claim asylum, and we've handled influxes before so your "no way" statement is incorrect. Human decency says give them toothbrushes, another thing we can "accommodate". Statistics show, the people crossing the border do not commit crimes in higher numbers than the people who are already here, so there is no need for changes in law enforcement, we just keep doing what we already do. As I linked elsewhere, or I could link here if you'd like, we also know we need the workers. I just can't find anything that supports the idea of changing the asylum rules.
This is about political corruption and Latin American incompetence.
Do you read?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d'état

Greentree noted that the massacre was carried out by the Atlacatl Battalion, which had just completed a three-month counterinsurgency training course in the United States.

It’s not hard to find more. Look at a map, pick a country, google it plus something like “US backed coup” or “CIA supported military”.