Betrayer of Allies

Trump has made America a Betrayer of Allies bigtime, as of today. The Turks seem to be going after the Kurds, who are vulnerable to them, now that Trump pulled out the few troops we had there in Syria. He did this seemingly on a whim and quite unilaterally, without input from anyone except the Pres of Turkey. The Turks may choose to wipe out the Kurds that we left unprotected. The Kurds have been our only consistent allies in effectively beating back ISIS. 11,000 of the Kurdish soldiers have died (instead of our soldiers). Now Trump and by proxy the USA is abandoning a faithful ally to probable destruction.

The USA is demonstrating a pathetic lack of quality in character. Our foreign policy efficacy has got to be deteriorating, from this, and some of the damage will linger perhaps permanently, even if we are fortunate enuf to replace our dikhed POTUS soon.

Bad habit we have, then we get pissed when they don’t trust us. Or, god forbid the heaths, not obey our whims.

There are many thousands of ISIS fighters imprisoned in that area in Syria under the auspices of the Kurds. Chances are the Turks will wipe out the Kurds and ISIS will re-constitute its caliphate in Syria. We won’t have the Kurds to die for us in taking them out this time.

Our POTUS is MAJORLY untrustworthy, and is clearly able to act on his whims at will. Thus the USA is now majorly untrustworthy.

The “AMERICA FIRST!! MAGA!!” crowd does not understand that making enemies of allies is not actually putting America first. Even the toughest bully in the school yard needs buddies.

I keep thinking of the Post-WWII era, when the US rose its fiscal and military peak, and how it was both feared AND honored by the rest of the world. It helped keep us safe. That used to be a thing.

As of today? One of his early actions was to betray Australia, I believe it was, one of our biggest allies. And then there were the personal insults to leaders in Britain and Germany. He essentially started turning his back on allies and helping Putin the moment he took office. His very first action in office, remember, was to try to get sanctions on Russia lifted. Like, literally on day one, that’s what his team is working on. China, if you’re listening, I hope you can find the pee pee tape.

Ten Thousand of these Kurds that we have abandoned, died while fighting ISIS in the place of more of our own soldiers. One of the special forces Americans said that this is the 1st time he has been ashamed of what he was doing in the military, now that he has left Kurdish brothers/sisters in arms to be wiped out.

This is a betrayal of epic proportions. This is the kind of thing that brings on a curse like that of the ghost army under the mountain in The Lord of the Rings. (They were cursed to be there for eons, because of their betrayal of allies.)

Trump’s slogan (MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN) is a big fat lie. The slogan for what he is really doing should be MAKE AMERICA PATHETIC and ALONE. MAPA. Put that on your hats Trumpers.

I’m not saying it’s not horrible. Not in the least. I’m just saying it’s not surprising coming from the man who runs an overcrowded prison for kids stolen from their parents arms where a judge has to order the guards to give the kids basic things like toothpaste.

True. He has little apparent compassion for other human lives, unless there is some political edge for him in appearing to have some modicum of compassion. In the latter case, he just lies accordingly, no real compassion.

As Commander in Chief, his whimsical decisions have life and death ramifications. The Kurds will be killed, dead, no more breathing, not just psychologically messed up for the rest of their lives, like the children of the asylum seekers. Sure some of those kids will die, but not at the rate of the Kurds who are being hunted down like dogs and killed like flies.

Thank you for your service, Kurds. You wiped out ISIS temporarily when no one else seemed able to. Too bad you won’t be around to help us when ISIS re-constitutes. In fact, I hear there are ISIS supporters within the Turks’ fighting groups right now, who escaped to Turkey and are now fighting with them. There may soon be 10,000 ISIS prisoners, that the remaining Kurds are responsible for, who will escape from or be released from their prisons when the Kurds fall.

Our vaunted military is now the military that betrays its allies. MAPA!

This is hardly the first time America has “betrayed” allies. It’s not even the first time in living memory we’ve backstabbed the Kurds.

Also, I’m not believing anyone here really gives a shit about Kurds. This is just ideological misconception that Trump is especially sinister in this regard.

As of today? One of his early actions was to betray Australia, I believe it was, one of our biggest allies.
How did Trump betray Australia?

IDK but W may have been referring to T rump’s 1st state phone call with the head guy in Australia. As I recall, it went badly and Trump was rude. I don’t recall the details.

Re: the Kurds. I feel bad for the Kurds, but I feel worse that the USA has now become branded with the title of Betrayer of Allies. I feel worse that the prospects for the USA are now poorer than before T rump, because now there will be less trust from our allies. I feel worse for our military (some of whom tho are still alive because of the Kurds). I feel worse for our soldiers because ISIS will doubtless re-constitute and some of them will probably be sent to deal with it.

And Oneguy, “ideological misconception”? It seems a stretch to call - believing T rump to be sinister in his whimsical abandonment of brothers-in-arms - a stretch to call that “ideological misconception”, since, ideologically speaking, there seems to be strong bipartisan agreement of T rump’s having committed dastardly folly.

Back in the day of Saddam Hussein, H.W. Bush encouraged the Kurds, I think, to revolt, but then just let them get crushed when they did. So that was a bit of a screw-over. But H.W. only got 1 term. And H.W. did not tell 12,000 plus lies. H.W. did not unilaterally make profoundly impactful military decisions (without any deliberation at all with any of his staff or advisors) in private individual phone calls with foreign leaders. T rump cannot be trusted. Now the USA cannot be trusted.

How did Trump betray Australia?
I don't remember the specifics and it might not have been Australia, but it sounds right. There have been so many scandals that I just can't keep them all straight. But early in his presidency there was some country which was one of our biggest allies. I remember that it wasn't a Middle Eastern or European country and I was surprised because I hadn't really thought about them much. I certainly hadn't known they were such a great ally. I don't even remember what it was he did, but I remember it screwed them over pretty good. Unfortunately searching for Trump screwups would be easier if you only had to search all the information in the Library of Congress. I bet we've literally all forgotten more Trump screwups than we remember, there have been so many.

His declaration of abandoning the Kurds was impulsive with no planning other than his saying that in his own fantastic wisdom, he will determine if Turkey crosses some vague line in destroying Kurds, and then he will obliterate the Turkish economy.

Won’t that be special, destroying the economy of a major mid east nation (not to mention a NATO ally)?

AT THE SAME TIME AS T RUMP IS SUPPOSEDLY GETTING US OUT OF A FOREVER WAR BY TAKING OUT A FEW KEY SOLDIERS in Syria to make way for yet another new ISIS Caliphate, HE IS PUTTING THOUSANDS OF TROOPS INTO SAUDI ARABIA. WTF is up with that?

I see https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israelis-see-trumps-syria-pullout-as-a-betrayal-that-could-help-unravel-the-region/ar-AAID60z?ocid=spartanntp

that Israel is getting iffy on trusting T rump.

I imagine that Israel is safe with T rump, since one of his biggest support blocs is the evangelicals. They will keep T rump on track towards the end times (replete with whatever “Revelations” says about the role of god’s chosen people).

His declaration of abandoning the Kurds was impulsive with no planning other than his saying that in his own fantastic wisdom, he will determine if Turkey crosses some vague line in destroying Kurds, and then he will obliterate the Turkish economy.

Won’t that be special, destroying the economy of a major mid east nation (not to mention a NATO ally)?

Trump has talked about getting out of Syria for several years now, it couldn’t have been that impulsive. If anything he waited too long.

AT THE SAME TIME AS T RUMP IS SUPPOSEDLY GETTING US OUT OF A FOREVER WAR BY TAKING OUT A FEW KEY SOLDIERS in Syria to make way for yet another new ISIS Caliphate, HE IS PUTTING THOUSANDS OF TROOPS INTO SAUDI ARABIA. WTF is up with that?
Looks like a temporary deployment to deter Iran from possible attacks on Saudi Arabia.

T rump has talked about all sorts of things over the years. But being such a constant liar, what he says is functionally meaningless until he actually does something.

When he decided to suddenly follow thru with his demand to pull our soldiers from protecting the Kurds, it was extraordinarily abrupt, in that he used no advisors or staff, he did it in a closed phone call with the Turk leader. He did not plan for resulting contingencies except to make one of his vague hyperbolic threats to obliterate the Turkish economy if his superb wisdom leads him to do so.

And the previous promises by T rump about getting out of Syria: Did he really take our troops out of Syria? Or did he just pull back our special forces from the northern zone, leaving US troops in the southern part?

Temporary deployments in mid east countries, sometimes become forever deployments. How long will we have thousands of troops in that Allah forsaken hole of Wahabis, aka Saudi Arabia? So T rump has talked about us getting out of Mid East countries for years, eh? How does that work if you take some troops out of one Mideast country, but then put more in another Mideast country? It is just another illustration that what Trump says is meaningless, you can only go by what he actually does.

I think that T rump is prone to making terrible decisions. I think that he has gradually found his way around others stopping him from making the worst decisions. So the rate of danger to America, I expect will be increasing.

T rump is of such poor quality of character. It is so poor as to be unfit for the role of POTUS. I believe that the longer he is in power, the worse the consequences will be for the USA and the world.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-troops-syria-turkey-1464727

Looks like not all of our special forces are even out of the northern area, they just can’t engage. Some were attacked by the Turks so intensely that they considered fighting back in self defense, but instead just waited til the attack stopped, and moved. The Turks denied firing on US troops.

Hot off the press: Kurds save themselves by allying with Assad.

So T rump basically gave our former allies (the only ones fit for combat enough in that whole region, to take down ISIS with our support) he basically has given the Kurds to his boyfriend Vladimir Pootin.

A lot of the imprisoned ISIS fighters have disappeared. Hopefully not all of them will get away.

If T rump had not made this horrible decision so impulsively, some of the bad results could have been avoided, by organizing a way to safety for the Kurds to voluntarily retreat, before abandoning them. AND the management of the ISIS prisoners could have been addressed. But no, T rump’s self vaunted wisdom must be beyond our understanding cause he didn’t pause for such things. But it seems like bad things are happening, now.

So eventually, supposedly, (tho T rump is a liar so who knows) we will get our troops out of Syria, but not yet. That is what we get from the deal. Assad and Pootin get the Kurds (that’s like drafting the #1 pick). Turkey got permission and a pass to bomb and destroy the Kurds. This could just be T rump sending honorariums to his 3 of his favorite autocrats.

Trump is no Deal Maker. He is a Deal Breaker.

Not a good reputation to carry when trying to make deals with people who rightfully do not trust you to keep your word.