Anti-vaxs-maskers talked into using mask. Medical sanity reigns. Er, no...

Times are strange.

"Anti-Maskers Ready to Start Masking—to Protect Themselves From the Vaccinated"

Mack Lamoureux, May 11, 2021,

www. vice. com/en/article/88nnwg/anti-maskers-ready-to-start-maskingto-protect-themselves-from-the-vaccinated

… A conspiracy ripping through the anti-vax world may finally drive some anti-maskers to do the unthinkable: wear a mask and keep their distance.

The conspiracy—which comes in several shapes and sizes—more or less says the vaccinated will “shed” certain proteins onto the unvaccinated who will then suffer adverse effects. The main worry is the “shedding” will cause irregular menstruation, infertility, and miscarriages. The entirely baseless idea is a key cog in a larger conspiracy that COVID-19 was a ploy to depopulate the world, and the vaccine is what will cull the masses. …

There’s more,

News Anti-Vax Activists Are Quietly Bending State Politics To Their Will ANNA MERLAN 04.14.21

World News
Anti-Maskers Have Weaponized Disney Princesses
MACK LAMOUREUX

World News
It’s Been a Terrible, Horrible, No Good Year For Canadian Anti-Maskers
MACK LAMOUREUX

I want to believe this is like the Onion, but I don’t think so. Malicious, angry, belligerent ignorance is riding high. People are terrified all around, without a clue. Flailing at all the wrong people and too ready to conjure up enemies. Hateful towards learning and backing off on our greed and appreciating and nurturing Earth. Nothing less can lead to real change.

But our leaders are sociopaths, some worse than others, but generally willful dismissive of the future or nurturing resources for the future, still dedicated to consuming and squandering our biosphere just as fast as possible. And the people are too worried about getting their day to day to want to care.

Too much, too fast.

I was never an anti-vaxer . . .

Here’s an interesting recent story that fits in with this theme.

After Covid Diagnosis, a Conservative Radio Host Sends a New Message

By Hamilton Matthew Masters and Giulia Heyward
July 25, 2021

https: //www_nytimes_com/2021/07/25/us/phil-valentine-covid-nashville-_html

Phil Valentine, a prominent conservative radio host who scoffed at the need to get vaccinated, has had a big impact on how his listeners …

“The fact of the matter is a lot of people didn’t get the vaccine because he didn’t,” Mark Valentine (brother) said.

But after Phil Valentine was infected with Covid-19 and was hospitalized in critical condition, and since he issued a statement advising others to get the vaccine, the news has divided his fans and critics — who continue to clash over Mr. Valentine’s culpability in his own illness and his influence on listeners who, like him, waved off the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Phil Valentine, who once wrote that he was not going to get the vaccine because his chances of dying from the virus were “way less than one percent,” is now hospitalized, attached to a ventilator at night, and to an oxygen mask during the day, so he can breathe. …

Last month, Mr. Valentine performed a parody version of the Beatles’ song “Taxman,” called “Vaxman,” that seemed to mock vaccines. But then he announced his own diagnosis on July 11, unfazed, saying he planned to return to his show within a day or two. “Unfortunately for the haters out there, it looks like I’m going to make it,” he wrote.

But, less than two weeks later, (he was hospitalized, remaining in critical condition, according to a Sunday afternoon update. …

… Mr. Valentine, who also gained a following as a climate change denier, …

Family of COVID-stricken radio host speaks out DANIELLE JACKSON UPDATED 17 HRS AGO | POSTED ON JUL 26, 2021

https://www.wsmv.com/news/family-of-covid-stricken-radio-host-speaks-out/article_a9f98038-ee63-11eb-8692-c72f6782292e.html

I have little pity for the anti-vax / anti-mask crowd

We repeatedly see news spots of parents, spouses or siblings crying that they were wrong to not take the vax, now that their loved one has died.

Of course, if those stories ever made it into the social media circus, they’d be shouted down as Fake News.

Anti-vaxers should go to the end of the line in the emergency rooms and ICUs

@mrmhead

I have little pity for the anti-vax / anti-mask crowd

Same here. They are so numerous though (at least in my state) that they make every person, including the smart ones who got vaccinated, who lives in a hot state look bad. However, even though they will take a tiny number of vaccinated people with them, I have a feel there will be a lot of Darwin awards given out at the end of 2021.

I doubt many of them will start wearing masks since they are against masks in general. Really this is just a way of insulting the vaccinated – whom they see as gullible wimps. The idea is vaccinated people are like lepers.

Some establishments have been trying to bar anybody that is vaccinated in a weird attempt to protect the “vulnerable”.

@thatoneguy It’s an attempt to win the Darwin Award at the end of 2021 and causing the vaccines to be null and void because they will cause the virus to evolve into a more dangerous form, but they think it’s about freedom and what they chose to do with their bodies. Too bad they don’t see that sort of choice when it comes to women choosing an abortion or not. As for attempting to “bar the vaccinated”, I say, “fine by me. It just makes me even safer because I don’t have to be around the COVIDiots.”

I have little pity for the anti-vax / anti-mask crowd - mrm

Same here. They are so numerous though (at least in my state) that they make every person, including the smart ones who got vaccinated, who lives in a hot state look bad. However, even though they will take a tiny number of vaccinated people with them, I have a feel there will be a lot of Darwin awards given out at the end of 2021. - mriana

Yup

For one Mississippi couple who caught Covid-19, their outcomes provide a growing contrast. The wife, who is vaccinated, recovered after 10 days. But her unvaccinated husband has been in the hospital for 22 days and counting.

Ball added she and her husband were vaccine-hesitant, but she eventually got the vaccine under her doctor’s care after fears regarding her asthma condition.

Your insurance dollars at work - Saving the Stupid

… you can’t even call them ignorant anymore.

… you can’t even call them ignorant anymore.

Nope. At this point they are just plain stupid.

Shedding continues and more are dying.

Only if one refuses to wear a mask. However, those who are vaccinated rarely die from COVID-19. Those who are not vaccinated are more likely to die, especially if they are over 65 or have health issues. That said, 99% currently dying from COVID-19 are unvaccinated. So as I said, the majority who are dying from COVID-19 are unvaccinated. The reason why more people are dying now is that 1. they are not vaccinated and 2. the Delta variant is even more contagious than the original variant. The virus is doing what everything on the planet does- evolve in order to survive and the majority of those who are dying currently are unvaccinated.

I have no pity for the leaders and tellers of fake news or fake science, I pity the fools who follow them and allow them to get money prom the companies who pay them according the numbers of followers and views.

More and more vaxxed people are dying. Do some research.