A Travesty of Justice for the Left

God, guts, guns and MOTHERHOOD!!! How could be be guilty of ANYTHING?!?!

So when’s she going to be arrested by the Feds too?

This is the fight that is going on. Most of the warriors in this fight aren’t aware of what they are actually fighting for. They think it’s the right to have a big gun and feel safe. But either, we go back to the days where a person like Reagan says it’s crazy to walk the streets openly carrying rifles, or we go forward to independent “security” being a norm, to the police being a joke to everyone, not just black people.

I started saying that America was the richest most powerful failed state last year. It’s come a long way… Makes Belarus look like a city on a hill.

What I want to know is, how was it self-defense if the mother drove him across state lines to a protest and carrying an AR-15? Seems to me he was the one attempting to start something.

From Oneguy’s link:

Blockquote He traveled to Kenosha, joining a mass of armed civilians that took to the city’s streets as it was shaken by turmoil after a White police officer shot Jacob Blake, a Black man.

He and his armed buddies were after those protesting the officer shooting of a Black man. This was white supremacy at it’s finest as they walked down the streets with AR-15s hunting civil rights protesters. I’m not the one out of touch here.

Blockquote Rittenhouse appeared in Kenosha’s streets with an AR-15-style rifle in August 2020 saying he wanted to help protect businesses amid the unrest.

Sorry, but it was planned. One doesn’t just travel with an AR-15 to a protest with armed civilians and not be planning something. This was NOT self-defense. It was a planned hunting trip- one in which they hunted humans, who protested against something he and his friends were for. In reality, one does NOT need an AR-15 to hunt deer or any other license permitting wild game. Humans are NOT for hunting, even if they are protesting something you do not protest.

Blockquote The teenager, now 18, argued he only fired in self-defense, while prosecutors depicted him as a violent aggressor who instigated and escalated the situation. Despite the intense arguments the case sparked on gun rights, racial justice and other fraught issues, experts said the trial instead hung on the much more narrow topic of Rittenhouse’s self-defense claims.

There was no excuse to be walking down the street with an AR-15. It only means one is up to no good.

1 Like

To make up for the size of their… (bad mod! bad mod!) I’ll be good.

1 Like

We’re not the richest anymore. If things don’t change, we will become another 3rd world country. However, now that Build Back Better bill has passed, the U.S. will be investing in itself and that will give back great returns and we will be back again- maybe not the richest, but it will be a good investment.

I guess the mother driving him didn’t happen. I don’t know how that got started. But it’s a red herring anyway, as his father, or step father, or some man in his life lived in Kenosha, which was only 15 miles away. Also, he got the gun from a friend in WI, so he didn’t break a law in acquiring it, or transporting it.

I read up on the possession part, and he got off on that count because the law will favor the most lenient interpretation if you have a good lawyer, and the law is poorly written. Any sane person could see that the exception for a 17 year old to carry a rifle is so they can hunt, but that isn’t specifically stated. If they did, courts would say it is too restrictive, because you have to drive with a gun and ammunition to get to hunting. It’s the problem of our patchwork system of gun laws, a problem created by the NRA with the intention of creating the exact situation in Kenosha. Clearer minds could create consistent laws that clearly state the spirit of a free country with traditions of gun possession, and keep children safe, and all the other things everybody wants.

1 Like

Not by GDP (PPP), no, but by GDP by 50% over China. China can never catch up.

He apparently was hunting humans. I don’t see how carrying an AR-15 down the street amongst protestors is hunting- unless he’s hunting humans, which is appalling. You missed the part about him hooking up with armed civilians. IMHO, he got away with premeditated murder.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’m not agreeing with the legal stuff, just saying what I read. It’s what happens when someone pays for your lawyers and justice is prejudiced.

2 Likes

I just read something about the law, not checked by lawyers, but anyway. It made me think of this post I made last month

So, you can’t claim self defense, while committing a crime. The illegal carry seemed like a secondary charge, but it was central, and it has been central to the work of the NRA for 50 years. They want to say they are for certain kinds of gun rights, the right to hunt and the right to self-defense. But, in promoting that, they have made it extremely difficult to create reasonable legislation, like restrictions on non-hunting weapons, background checks, gifting a gun to a minor, when and where you can openly carry a loaded firearm.

Any one of those would have made it the duty of the police to at least hand Kyle a ticket. At that point, he would lose his right to defend himself with that weapon, because the self-defense exemption does not mean you can kill anyone anytime however you want because you feel threatened. We need changes to federal gun laws, but the prosecution really missed the boat on this one. Even though they probably would still have lost the case, they should have started at that charge.

Exactly! You cannot, but yet they appeared to have done just that.

And that’s my BIG problem with the NRA. What they are creating is a vigilante society. The Wild Wild West was not like they want to believe it was nor was it a vigilante society.

They did- a ticket to kill.

It does if you are white.

BIG time changes. Federal, State, County, and City. IMHO, unless one is using a gun to hunt (although I don’t actually approve of that either, but that’s another debate) deer, turkey, etc or if they are using it to defend against a bear or a cougar (for example) they really don’t need a gun. And though I am anti-war, we, sadly and begrudgingly, do need a military that needs to know how to use weapons of military grade, but police depts and common people do not need to possess military grade weapons, which need to stay on a military base, except when in use to defend a country or fight a war. Military grade weapons should not be used against the citizens of a given country who are protesting peacefully or even not so peacefully. However, we also do not need nuclear weapons for any reason, in part because it could cause the extinction of EVERYONE, both human and other beasts, on earth. Humans really do need to stop with weapons and control those we do have, with the exception of creating a phaser that can be set to stun, with the death level so rarely used that it’s non-existent. Those are the goals we need to have, especially phasers with a stun setting, which is not a taser that can cause a heart attack.

It was obvious the first guy was not a threat, unless you are a frightened boy in over his head. But that’s still hard to prove. The illegal carry did not have a strong law either, but it would have a more understandable point by the prosecution.

Andrew Offut, in *The Castle Keeps, describes a world where RNA wins… USA have become a puzzle of armed small communities, surrounding big cities where crime triumphs.

1 Like

Back to the feudal times.

As I said, he had a ticket to kill.

Yeah, it’s not actually safe here. If there is a gun around, it’s not safe, despite what the gun nuts would want you to believe.

You need to get out more if you think we are terrifying.

Martin was an entirely different situation so it’s irrelevant.

You can, technically. Mitigating circumstances here just leaned in favor of Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse did not have to be there. He put himself in the situation where he had to react. However, it’s not illegal to protect property with an AR15, and the rioters assaulted him first.

Which means he planned it or had help planning it. Either way, if he’d been Black, he’d be going to prison right now, if not given a death sentence. Travesty of justice it is.

1 Like