Your best prediction for the presidential election

As of today who do you predict will be the Republican and Democratic candidates for the presidency? This is not necessarily what you want but what is likely to be.
If I could collect money for a lottery or pool I would, but we’ll just have to use the honor system.
Discuss.
Lois

Well the Democratic candidate is easy. That would be Khaleesi, er, I mean, Hillary. (If something goes terribly wrong and she flames out, I think our best alternative, then, would be to draft John Kerry for another run.)
The Republican field is a mess. I easily predicted their last candidate, but this time, it is more of a challenge. The obvious somewhat moderate choice would be Jeb Bush, as the most moderate big name in a field of Republicans would typically be the selected candidate for the national election. But Jeb Bush has a potentially fatal flaw: his brother is George W. Bush (a name that virtually insured that the next President would be a Democrat, even one named Barack Hussein Obama.)
So I really think it is too early to predict the Republican candidate, but if forced to do so, I would say, at this point: (and I really don’t like saying this, because I do not view him as moderate at all, and view him as the number 1 fluffer boy for the Koch bros) Scott Walker.
I noticed that you did not place your predictions, Lois.

Well the Democratic candidate is easy. That would be Khaleesi, er, I mean, Hillary. (If something goes terribly wrong and she flames out, I think our best alternative, then, would be to draft John Kerry for another run.) The Republican field is a mess. I easily predicted their last candidate, but this time, it is more of a challenge. The obvious somewhat moderate choice would be Jeb Bush, as the most moderate big name in a field of Republicans would typically be the selected candidate for the national election. But Jeb Bush has a potentially fatal flaw: his brother is George W. Bush (a name that virtually insured that the next President would be a Democrat, even one named Barack Hussein Obama.) So I really think it is too early to predict the Republican candidate, but if forced to do so, I would say, at this point: (and I really don't like saying this, because I do not view him as moderate at all, and view him as the number 1 fluffer boy for the Koch bros) Scott Walker. I noticed that you did not place your predictions, Lois.
Well, I thought I would wait for some others to give theirs first, but I think it will be Hillary vs. Jeb Bush. She has the same kind of fatal flaw Jeb has. I am not enamoured of Hillary snd would prefer Bernie Sanders, though he is unlikely to get the nomination. I think he'd make a great president but is unlikely to ever have the chance. I won't vote for Hillary in the primary but if she's the nominee, I would bite the bullet and vote for her. Any Democrat would be better than any Republican, IMO. I'd be horrified to have a Republican name the next Supreme Court Justice(s). There is bound to be at least one retirement. This was an issue in the last two elections. I wish Ginsburg would give it up before the end of Obama's term, but she probably won’t. Lois

I’d like it to be Ted Cruz for reasons I’ve stated elsewhere. Short of that I predict it’ll be Hillary Bush or Jeb Clinton. Just like Obama, they’re both Corporatists / Capitalists cut from the same cloth.

Way too early to tell as the Reps. haven’t fully packed the “clown car” as yet but my immediate guess would be another Bush v. Clinton fight. Name recognition means a lot to voters who barely know the issues or vote the hot buttons. Any moderate Reps. who vote will probably choose Walker or Bush over Cruz and Carson but once again, there may be a dark horse in the wings on both sides. Personally I’d like to see Bernie get it. He reflects my political views.
Cap’t Jack

Way too early to tell as the Reps. haven't fully packed the "clown car" as yet but my immediate guess would be another Bush v. Clinton fight. Name recognition means a lot to voters who barely know the issues or vote the hot buttons. Any moderate Reps. who vote will probably choose Walker or Bush over Cruz and Carson but once again, there may be a dark horse in the wings on both sides. Personally I'd like to see Bernie get it. He reflects my political views. Cap't Jack
Mine, too, but, sorry to say, he wouldn't have a chance. Lois
Well the Democratic candidate is easy. That would be Khaleesi, er, I mean, Hillary. (If something goes terribly wrong and she flames out, I think our best alternative, then, would be to draft John Kerry for another run.) The Republican field is a mess. I easily predicted their last candidate, but this time, it is more of a challenge. The obvious somewhat moderate choice would be Jeb Bush, as the most moderate big name in a field of Republicans would typically be the selected candidate for the national election. But Jeb Bush has a potentially fatal flaw: his brother is George W. Bush (a name that virtually insured that the next President would be a Democrat, even one named Barack Hussein Obama.) So I really think it is too early to predict the Republican candidate, but if forced to do so, I would say, at this point: (and I really don't like saying this, because I do not view him as moderate at all, and view him as the number 1 fluffer boy for the Koch bros) Scott Walker. I noticed that you did not place your predictions, Lois.
Well, I thought I would wait for some other's to give theirs first, but I think it will be Hillary vs. Jeb Bush. She has the same kind of fatal flaw Jeb has. I am not enamoured of Hillary snd would prefer Bernie Sanders, though he is unlikely to get the nomination. I think he'd make a great president but is unlikely to ever have the chance. I won't vote for Hillary in the primary but if she's the nominee, I would bite the bullet and vote for her. Any Demicrat would be better than any Republican, IMO. I'd be horrified to have a Republican name the next Supreme Court Justice(s). There is bound to be at least one retirement. This was an issue in the last two elections. I wish Ginsburg would give it up before the end of Obama's term, but she probably won’t. Lois The "flaw" of association with a previous President, is not fatal at all with Hillary. Clinton was a halfway decent President. George W. was a fiasco. I really don't think that the Republicans will go down that road, despite Jeb being the most obvious choice as a Presidential candidate for them. The thing is, he is looking stupider every day, now, and this will just remind everyone of George W.
I'd like it to be Ted Cruz for reasons I've stated elsewhere. Short of that I predict it'll be Hillary Bush or Jeb Clinton. Just like Obama, they're both Corporatists / Capitalists cut from the same cloth.
I didn't see your reasons, elsewhere, for wanting Ted to win the nomination. The only good that could come of that is that the Democrats would be assured of winning the Presidency.
Way too early to tell as the Reps. haven't fully packed the "clown car" as yet but my immediate guess would be another Bush v. Clinton fight. Name recognition means a lot to voters who barely know the issues or vote the hot buttons. Any moderate Reps. who vote will probably choose Walker or Bush over Cruz and Carson but once again, there may be a dark horse in the wings on both sides. Personally I'd like to see Bernie get it. He reflects my political views. Cap't Jack
I doubt that Bernie could have much of a chance in a national election. So I wouldn't want him to win the nomination, for that reason. Elizabeth Warren would be a good alternative but I think she is wise to stay out of the race, and continue to use her influence to impact public opinion from there. However if something happened to Clinton, I would definitely want her in the race.
I doubt that Bernie could have much of a chance in a national election. So I wouldn’t want him to win the nomination, for that reason. Elizabeth Warren would be a good alternative but I think she is wise to stay out of the race, and continue to use her influence to impact public opinion from there. However if something happened to Clinton, I would definitely want her in the race.
Agreed, but isn't it refreshing that a politician, a liberal one at that can come out and speak his piece about "forbidden issues" that most posters here and liberals in general agree must be acted on, like AGW, education, tax increases to provide for infrastructure (e.g. fix Amtrack) a sane immigration policy, etc? BTW I like Elizabeth Warren too, she's gutsy enough to take on the Kochs. But the press sharks are probably scrutinizing her past to find even an unpaid parking ticket for FOX to spin into a scandal. Cap't Jack
I doubt that Bernie could have much of a chance in a national election. So I wouldn’t want him to win the nomination, for that reason. Elizabeth Warren would be a good alternative but I think she is wise to stay out of the race, and continue to use her influence to impact public opinion from there. However if something happened to Clinton, I would definitely want her in the race.
Agreed, but isn't it refreshing that a politician, a liberal one at that can come out and speak his piece about "forbidden issues" that most posters here and liberals in general agree must be acted on, like AGW, education, tax increases to provide for infrastructure (e.g. fix Amtrack) a sane immigration policy, etc? BTW I like Elizabeth Warren too, she's gutsy enough to take on the Kochs. But the press sharks are probably scrutinizing her past to find even an unpaid parking ticket for FOX to spin into a scandal. Cap't Jack
There was a story when she was running for the office she now holds, about her having claimed status as a descendent of native American Indians for some government perk that she got. The story was that she may not have any Native American blood, but it didn't hurt her in the election, even though it was pounded on by her GOP opponent.
There was a story when she was running for the office she now holds, about her having claimed status as a descendent of native American Indians for some government perk that she got. The story was that she may not have any Native American blood, but it didn't hurt her in the election, even though it was pounded on by her GOP opponent. Hmmm... If she's a Wahington Redskins fan, I may have to rethink my support for her. (just kidding... but ... go Cowboys!)
Hmmm… If she’s a Wahington Redskins fan, I may have to rethink my support for her. (just kidding… but ... go Cowboys!)
Gotta go with the Steelers! Ya know, union and all. Cap't Jack
I'd like it to be Ted Cruz for reasons I've stated elsewhere. Short of that I predict it'll be Hillary Bush or Jeb Clinton. Just like Obama, they're both Corporatists / Capitalists cut from the same cloth.
I didn't see your reasons, elsewhere, for wanting Ted to win the nomination. The only good that could come of that is that the Democrats would be assured of winning the Presidency.America has a disease, called conservatism. As long as it's allowed to work behind the scenes and have the Dems to blame it'll flourish. If Cruz is elected pres and both Houses go to Repubs/cons then the country will go down the tubes and they will have no one else to blame AND it will be clear to all whodunit. Then maybe the country can heal.
Hmmm… If she’s a Wahington Redskins fan, I may have to rethink my support for her. (just kidding… but ... go Cowboys!)
Gotta go with the Steelers! Ya know, union and all. Cap't Jack
Steelers, hmph, team of the '70s. It shoulda been the Cowboys.
I didn't see your reasons, elsewhere, for wanting Ted to win the nomination. The only good that could come of that is that the Democrats would be assured of winning the Presidency.America has a disease, called conservatism. As long as it's allowed to work behind the scenes and have the Dems to blame it'll flourish. If Cruz is elected pres and both Houses go to Repubs/cons then the country will go down the tubes and they will have no one else to blame AND it will be clear to all whodunit. Then maybe the country can heal. Ah. I see your logic. But the disease you speak of is a chronic debilitating condition. America is not quite sick enough to elect Ted Cruz as President.
As of today who do you predict will be the Republican and Democratic candidates for the presidency? This is not necessarily what you want but what is likely to be. If I could collect money for a lottery or pool I would, but we'll just have to use the honor system. Discuss. Lois
It is far too early to tell but I do predict the Republicans will be divided mostly into two camps. the nuts and the extreme nuts. In any event the Democrats should be able to win. Back in 2014 the GOP candidates reminded us of what a circus VW bug looked like filled with clowns. But this time around, with probably at least 16 hopefuls, it will look more like a VW van full of tthe nutiest clows you have ever seen.
As of today who do you predict will be the Republican and Democratic candidates for the presidency? This is not necessarily what you want but what is likely to be. If I could collect money for a lottery or pool I would, but we'll just have to use the honor system. Discuss. Lois
It is far too early to tell but I do predict the Republicans will be divided mostly into two camps. the nuts and the extreme nuts. In any event the Democrats should be able to win. Back in 2014 the GOP candidates reminded us of what a circus VW bug looked like filled with clowns. But this time around, with probably at least 16 hopefuls, it will look more like a VW van full of tthe nutiest clows you have ever seen. I know, but too often they get elected. Lois
It is far too early to tell but I do predict the Republicans will be divided mostly into two camps. the nuts and the extreme nuts. In any event the Democrats should be able to win. Back in 2014 the GOP candidates reminded us of what a circus VW bug looked like filled with clowns. But this time around, with probably at least 16 hopefuls, it will look more like a VW van full of tthe nutiest clows you have ever seen. That the Republicans will be divided into two camps, nuts and extreme nuts, is not a prediction, it is an observation. C'mon, join the fun. It's not much of a prediction, once it becomes obvious. Which nut do you predict will be the chosen one?

If by some chance it comes down to Trump vs. Clinton…
I’m voting Trump.
Not that it matters. The Caucus will choose Clinton for the Primary(nomination)
and the Caucus will choose Hillary in the Blue State I live in for the General Election.
I’ll take Trump over Clinton for the obvious reasons.
We’ll get far more for our entertainment dollar out of Trump.
And that’s all it is anyways. Entertainment.
I would like Sanders to be our next President.