Withdrawal is not apathy

Just because I’m not going to every protest or political rally anymore, that doesn’t mean I’m apathetic. Look at the underground resistance to any major despotic regime in history. It’s only rarely that they are actually blow anything up, most of the time they are acting like everyone else around them.

I was reading the Unabomber’s manifesto last night. Don’t worry, I think he’s nuts, but before he became nutty, he was seeing things that much better thinkers and writers have said for 100 years. Unfortunately, a lot of people choose the nutty route. I see these shutdown protesters, conspiracy theorists, and eco-terrorists, as symptoms of the same problems that they saw.
Paul Kingsnorth goes down that rabbit hole, but arrives at 5 much more peaceful solutions than Kaczynski.

withdraw
make refuges
preserve nonhuman life
do something with your own hands
see nature beyond its utility
https://web.archive.org/web/20170315060735/https://orionmagazine.org/article/dark-ecology/

By all means, withdraw, make refuges, preserve nonhuman life, do something with your own hands, see nature beyond its utility.

But when it is time to vote for Joe over T rump, you damned well better be there.

Yes, election day and actually voting is the only time a citizen's opinion matters.

Make your’s matter.

By all means, withdraw, make refuges, preserve nonhuman life, do something with your own hands, see nature beyond its utility.

But when it is time to vote for Joe over T rump, you damned well better be there.

Withdrawal is definitely not apathy, if it is not a case of throwing in the towel to give up. In the story of King Solomon, who ordered a baby to be cut in two to settle a dispute between two women who both claimed to be the mother of the child, the true mother withdrew. She would rather lose the child than receive half of it as settlement.

Guys like you would have the country torn asunder just to get your pound of flesh. And that is pathetic.

Guys like you would have the country torn asunder just to get your pound of flesh. And that is pathetic.
Sounds like you are talking about what Koch/Murdoch/Tea-partiers/trumpster Republicans have been deliberately doing to our country.

Well with a little encouragement and help from the Russians.

Though sorry sree but I’m still curious, have you ever even working in a restaurant? Or is it all book reading for you?

You know what they say, phony is as phony does. :wink:

Though sorry sree but I’m still curious, have you ever even working in a restaurant? Or is it all book reading for you?
You mean worked as a kitchen hand or a waiter for a living? No. I told you that I bankrolled restaurants which didn't qualify me as a restaurateur even. I put money into places that I liked; and when I did that, naturally I helped out when those eateries got real busy even at times when I was around to have dinner at my own table.
Sree said: Guys like you would have the country torn asunder just to get your pound of flesh. And that is pathetic.
So the man in the leadership position, is as divisive as you-know-who (the goofy faced hair monster), and would tear the country apart so that he can get re-elected, you apparently think that is fine.

When the part of the country that he wants to crush, fights back, they are the ones you blame for tearing the country asunder.

T rump always picks an enemy to blame for his own shortcomings AND he projects his own faults onto them.

Today, he was claiming that Obama was grossly incompetent.

A typical projection of his own failing onto someone else.

btw, If King Solomon were going to cut my baby in half. And I could only save the baby from that fate by giving it to T rump to raise. That would be a horrible Sophie’s Choice. (Asylum seekers imprisoned near the borders are still having to decide whether to give up their children, this time, in order to save their children from getting COVID-19 in the Petri dish confines. That is for real.)

Such a “wise” king that Solomon was. But very cruel. Nazi-esque cruel. If the true mother had not chosen as she did, would Solomon have followed up on his threat?