Why does JIF Almond Butter taste like peanut butter?

I’m asking because I like almonds, love marzipan,
and just tried my first jar of JIF’s Almond Butter
and I can barely tell any difference between it and Peanut Butter.
What gives ? :-S

I'm asking because I like almonds, love marzipan, and just tried my first jar of JIF's Almond Butter and I can barely tell any difference between it and Peanut Butter. What gives ? :-S
You must be lacking something in your sense of smell which is the only thing that would give you the abilty to tell the difference between almond butter and peanut butter. What you can taste with your tongue is sweetness and saltiness and it's similar in both and the texture is almost identical. So you must be unable to detect the difference in almonds and peanuts with your sense of smell. Can you tell the difference between the taste of an intact almond and an intact peanut? Possibly not. The smell of almonds is much more subtle than the smell of peanuts. You may not be detecting the actual smell of peanuts either but you are more used to eating peanut butter, so you are confused by something that has similar saltiness, sweetness and texture because it's all you can detect. So you might as well stick to peanut butter. It's much less expensive. Lois
I'm asking because I like almonds, love marzipan, and just tried my first jar of JIF's Almond Butter and I can barely tell any difference between it and Peanut Butter. What gives ? :-S
You must be lacking something in your sense of smell You're good and it's true, my sense of smell and "palate memory" are on the weak side. :long:
You must be lacking something in your sense of smell You're good and it's true, my sense of smell and "palate memory" are on the weak side. :long: Oh well, there are worse things. My own has weakened a lot, too, though I can tell the difference between almond butter and peanut butter--just. Lois