Who is Dr Georgia Purdom and has been proving evolution wrong.

I heard about this scientist Dr Georgia Purdom, who claims Bible is true.

Being a scientist, How has she been able to show that science is wrong and Bible is true.

Has anyone proved her claims wrong? Google didn’t show any such results.

It took centuries to write Bible, from legends, songs and others sources.

There are contradictions,

After that, it has been copied, changed intentionally or not and translated before being interpreted.

The fathers of the church knew that Bible was not literal truth per se in most of his contents.

For instance, some people have tried to deduct the date of the creation by God, just forgetting one thing: nowhere in Bible it is said how long Adam and Eve stayed in Eden.

Other matter: Many parts of the Bible have sources we know. For instance, the concepts of Eden and flood exist in Sumerian lore.

Dawkins tell in one of his books that one of his friend, a high level scientist, read the bible from a scientific point of view, and scratched every thing which was contrary to Bible after checking every thing. He scratched 90 % of the book, looked at it and renounced Science.

One of my nephew is a jesuit priest. I asked him the position of the catholic church nowadays. He told me that one can read the Bible as a poetic text, as a morale lesson, as a myth, or in any other way, but not as literal truth, except in some cases, after checking.

In fact, after describing the creation of the world, the exodus and the founding of Israel, bible tell the story of Israel and the jews.

There can be some truths about this late period, but it is debated.

what is sure is that monotheism came late in the history of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_the_Bible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Early_History_of_God

@errajesh87

Scientists are not infallible and not all are necessarily real scientists. Look at that ape named Ken Ham. He’s not a scientists, but says he is and nothing he spews is scientific. It’s pseudoscience.

For instance, some people have tried to deduct the date of the creation by God, just forgetting one thing: nowhere in Bible it is said how long Adam and Eve stayed in Eden. - morgankane01

When I questioned the creation in “7 days” it was reasoned that 1 day in “God Time” is not the same as 1 day to us today.

Also, counting generations - isn’t there some (psuedo)theory that in ancient times - aka “Old Testament” - a lifespan or a generation was in the hundreds of years?

I don’t disagree that the bible is a reasonable source for prose, fables and morals. All wrapped up in a few historical references. They call it a Historical Novel, or Historical Fiction these days.

@errajesh87

#PureTalk #PureFlix #christianityAnswering Atheists with Dr. Georgia Purdom on YouTube
Looks like a hit and run. So guess there's no hoping for @errajesh to explain where Purdom provides any evidence, let alone any "proof".

I tried watching the video, got to 6 minutes and had enough because all I was hearing was empty chatter. A real scientist discusses the topic and shares evidence, all I heard was annoying handwaving that misrepresented science to boot.

Telling us what to conclude, isn’t science.

Heard from whom and based on what evidence?
Being a scientist, How has she been able to show that science is wrong and Bible is true.
What an odd question. Are you claiming that this Dr is using science to prove science is wrong?
Has anyone proved her claims wrong? Google didn’t show any such results.
No on has the burden to prove her claims wrong. The burden of proof lies on the claimant. That is the scientific method.

It is not a matter of proving her claims wrong, although there is plenty of evidence that the bible is scientifically wrong in numerous ways.

But according to scientific rigour it is up to her to prove her claims are true.
The burden of proof falls on the person making the claim and a default position of God as fact is unscientific . There is no evidence of an unknowable supernatural agency.