Who are you?

Who are you? You are, who you are, when you are, and where you are. Obviously such a vague question and simple answer could be considered silly nonsense. But to me, when fleshed out a bit, it’s good food for thought. Who you are is, of course, primarily the creature that your genetic code has created. Your base of existence would be “constructed" from the same unique “blue print" no matter where or when you existed. In the past humanity had no understanding or control over the expression and workings of the negative and positive elements of genetics, but that is changing rapidly. In the future, to a greater or lesser extent, a human being may be less of a happenstance of “God’s" creation and much more of a bioengineering expression of humanity’s need for fitting individual humans into their social and ecological environments.
When you are is, of course, when the individual that is you exists. Whenever you may be born, you are a creature of your time, your understanding of who you are corresponds with the world view that your culture holds at any specific time in the history, or the future (hopefully) of humanity. Culture is intensely important of course, but throughout the existence of Homo sapiens, our knowledge base of our world and our environment has constantly expanded and our basic understanding of our place in the grand scheme of the physical world has always affected our cultural structures. Thus the time of our existence greatly influences who we are.
And where you are, taken with who and the when, is obviously the deciding factor in the expression of your phenotype. If you are born, or adopted, into an Islamic family in Saudi Arabia, you will almost certainly live your life as a Muslim; and conversely, if you are born, or adopted, into a Hindu family in India, you almost certainly will be Hindu until you die. The where of your life was much more decisive in the past than it is now since migrations and ease and rapidity of travel has greatly expanded individual life choices, but still, the overwhelming majority of humanity remains an expression of the where of birth.
So actually who you are is pretty much a role of the cosmic dice and upon contemplation of this, it is evident, at least to me, that religion is a human invention; your religion, if any, depends on the who, when, and where of your life rather than the divine direction of a supernatural god.

So actually who you are is pretty much a role of the cosmic dice and upon contemplation of this, it is evident, at least to me, that religion is a human invention; your religion, if any, depends on the who, when, and where of your life rather than the divine direction of a supernatural god.
That seems obvious, humans have only been around a short while - religion are their inventions to keep themselves from getting too lonely in a huge and basically uninterested universe. Once we are gone, religions and their Gods will be just as gone.
Ah and here you handed me an answer, of sorts, to your question. Not sure who I am, but I do know that I am a direct descendent of the Big Bang, and my blood carries the legacy of billions of years of life evolving within it's cells. :)

I am mostly bacteria.

I am mostly bacteria.
Bunch of foreigners I'm sure ;-P
I am mostly bacteria.
Beware antibiotics. (Although if they don't completely kill you, they could make you stronger.)

I am Davros. A bomb exploded close to me but I refused to die and designed my own life support system.

I’m a pulsing mass of cells & such, all sauntering along in close formation. :wink:

Yes, that you are, as are we all. What happens to each little mass of cells that make up a single individual matters little in the long run. But what the communal mass of amalgamated cells that compose the body of each species does to the collective of life on this planet, that can matter a great deal.