When did you realize you were old?

You obviously have trouble with the language. "We all know we were getting older the minute we jumped out of the womb" can mean that that is the moment we know it.
No Lois, "We all knew we were getting older" means that we knew we were getting older the minute we were born! -That means as we were being born, in the moment, we knew we were getting older. "We all know we were getting older" means that now, looking back we know we were getting older the minute we were born! -Obviously "we all know we were" has an reflective meaning. If I would have said "We all know we are getting older the minute we jumped out", then that might have been interpreted as "in that moment". But I said: "We all know we were getting older."
Learn to say what you actually mean. You could have said, "We all know at some point in our lives that we are getting older from the minute we jumped out of the womb." in any case that isn't completely correct. We are getting older from the moment of conception.
I don't consider life to begin at conception.
As for your opinion about my exchange with George, it's obvious that you must be one of those "geniuses" who never misreads anything. At least I admit when I'm wrong. You just make accusations, which means you lack insight, a much more serious condition. You ought to see a psychiatrist about it.
Yeah, I'll go see a psychiatrist. You just pay more attention! ;-) Ok, it's a deal.
I'm 54 and I still feel like a teenager but the one defining moment when it hit me the worst is when I got an application from AARP. Boy, that hit me like a boulder. It pissed me off really. If someone would have delivered that letter, to me directly, I probably would have hit him. I"M NOT OLD!
AARP doesn't say you're old. That is your interpretation of it. AARP is saying you are in the home stretch toward retirement, that's all. They send letters to people in their 50s to make people in their 60s NOT feel old. They figure you'll be used to the idea by the time you're in your 60s and won't feel bad about joining, especially if you know that people 10 years younger are eligible. That can also make you feel more comfortable about lying about your age. Lois I am the same age as you are. I can feel the effects of age accelerate as time goes on. I used to have excellent vision, now I need reading glasses. My body does not move the way it did nor recover as easily when over stressed. I like my state of mind better now than I did when I was younger. I am more contemplative, patient and less quick to anger. Certain other appetites that are attributes of youth have waned a bit and I must say I don’t miss that entirely. In the end I suppose it depends on what your idea of old is. In this life the best outcome you can hope for is to die old. Those kinds of labels are unimportant and mean very little. Examine though why you became angry to the point of violence when confronted by that label from what was certainly a computer generated invitation. There a many reasons I think for the consternation associated with that moment when the conflict of how you view yourself and how others might re the number of years you have been alive. It could be fear of becoming infirm, the unpleasantness of contemplating a finite existence, regret over things not done etc. We all go through that I think at several points in our lives. For me, I don’t like labels or stilted aphorisms like you are only as old as you feel. Aging is a fact of life that no want likes to confront.
Lois, It’s amazing what some newborns can think of though. ;-) wink Lois
Lois, from all the posts, that little afterthought struck me most of all.... :lol: