What no Sochi

All I see here is that you don't like Putin. Really? Russia spent all the money on the Olympics in order to reconquer Ukraine? :-) And for what it's worth, I think Putin is okay. Kinda even like the guy.
One more success for his cult of personality I guess. Personally I think he's a psychopath for all the damage he's done to Russian democracy and the wars and violence he's inspired to bring back the "good" old days of the Soviet Union.

I thought this was supposed to be a thread about the Sochi Olympics? I find them tremendously entertaining. Of course, I live in Canada and don’t have to listen to Bob Costas!!! LOL!
These last couple of days have been particularly exciting with the Canadian women’s hockey team beating the Americans for gold and the Canadian men’s hockey team beating the Americans to get into the final. And both our men’s and women’s curling teams took gold this week, too.
There are a lot of happy Canadians from coast to coast today!

I thought this was supposed to be a thread about the Sochi Olympics? I find them tremendously entertaining. Of course, I live in Canada and don't have to listen to Bob Costas!!! LOL! These last couple of days have been particularly exciting with the Canadian women's hockey team beating the Americans for gold and the Canadian men's hockey team beating the Americans to get into the final. And both our men's and women's curling teams took gold this week, too. There are a lot of happy Canadians from coast to coast today!
Sorry. Yah, Canada! Now back to what a boob Putin is.;)

I enjoyed the Olympic (Putin’s, excuse my mis-wording) Games. I liked the skiing events like Alpine, Slalom, Cross Country, etc. You know, events where they actually stand up. :slight_smile: The opening ceremony, and closing were good, I enjoyed them. The ceremonies happened near Mount Caucasus, so was it a Caucasian Olympics?
And, as Putin, that new Russian Czar, says so, I certainly and have completely forgot about the gays going to the Olympics in protest, Pussy Riot getting horse whipped, and that other country that Putin has invaded by the Black Sea. I certainly would not mention those topics during this thread, of course not Czar Putin.

The 14 most fascinating facts about the final 2014 Winter Olympics medal count http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/olympics-medal-count-russia-sochi-united-states-most/ By CHRIS CHASE February 23, 2014
Final Count :gulp: And apparently no major incidents, a success :smirk:
[...] and that other country that Putin has invaded by the Black Sea.
Russia's "invasion" is permitted under a Partition Treaty, signed in 1997 between Russia and Ukraine. Russia is allowed 25,000 troops and right now they have about 20,000. What's the problem?
[...] and that other country that Putin has invaded by the Black Sea.
Russia's "invasion" is permitted under a Partition Treaty, signed in 1997 between Russia and Ukraine. Russia is allowed 25,000 troops and right now they have about 20,000. What's the problem? I don't want to turn the Olympic thread into a political/Ukraine thread, I'll save those comments for a Ukraine thread. So, I'll just say, I haven't actually read that treaty myself Georgey, I wonder if Putin had a hand in writing it? I called Putin Czar because I have a strong suspicion that Czar really is what he has in mind.

You call Putin a tzar because you are ignorant. This can be easily fixed if you read other stuff than just the U.S. propaganda material. BTW, Russia has had a military presence in Crimea for over 200 years now.

You call Putin a tzar because you are ignorant. This can be easily fixed if you read other stuff than just the U.S. propaganda material. BTW, Russia has had a military presence in Crimea for over 200 years now.
Except between '42 and '44ish. LOL. Just humor.
No George, I'm not ignorant. I'll look for a Ukraine thread later.

Come on, George. Be a little gentler. We all have different areas of expertise.
Occam