What capitalism? Where does it exist nowadays?

It’s funny hearing people talk about “capitalism” as if it’s something we have any experience with these days…
What can be said about capitalism in a time when mega corporations own everything and tell our government what to do based on nothing but self-interest,
maximizing profits and bonuses while minimizing all other expenses.

We are more at the “inevitable result of” capitalism phase

We are more at the "inevitable result of" capitalism phase
Wrong question. Where does free market capitalism exist? Somalia? How is she looking there?
It's funny hearing people talk about "capitalism" as if it's something we have any experience with these days.. What can be said about capitalism in a time when mega corporations own everything and tell our government what to do based on nothing but self-interest, maximizing profits and bonuses while minimizing all other expenses.
You can find it in the hearts of Republicans, though they get it wrong, every time.
Wrong question. Where does free market capitalism exist? Somalia? How is she looking there?Cute dodge, blame Somalia's problems on free market capitalism. :lol: How you figure that? How about blaming men? http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Men-made-a-mess-of-Somalia--now-women-want-to-fix-it-/1066-3465470-2o2faq/index.html
Wrong question. Where does free market capitalism exist? Somalia? How is she looking there?Cute dodge, blame Somalia's problems on free market capitalism. :lol: How you figure that? How about blaming men? http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Men-made-a-mess-of-Somalia--now-women-want-to-fix-it-/1066-3465470-2o2faq/index.html No govt

You’re an even bigger joker than I though.

Wrong question. Where does free market capitalism exist? Somalia? How is she looking there?Cute dodge, blame Somalia's problems on free market capitalism. :lol: How you figure that? How about blaming men? http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Men-made-a-mess-of-Somalia--now-women-want-to-fix-it-/1066-3465470-2o2faq/index.html What do you think is the root of their problems?

CAPITALISM
an economic and political system in which a country’s trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
That’s ALL it is.

Wrong question. Where does free market capitalism exist? Somalia? How is she looking there?Cute dodge, blame Somalia's problems on free market capitalism. :lol: How you figure that? How about blaming men? http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Men-made-a-mess-of-Somalia--now-women-want-to-fix-it-/1066-3465470-2o2faq/index.html What do you think is the root of their problems?I think it was an interesting article for us uninitiated into the varied background of the horrors going down in Somalia and sure there's much left out of that short review. I myself believe the problems can be traced back to the ruthless reign of Imperialists and Colonialists who had complete disregard for the humanity already existing on lands they stole. The nonsense around the Cold-War decades acted as a good transition from bad to worse. Economic Globalization of the past decades seem to have helped little. Now impacts of manmade global warming driven climate change escalation are taking worse to horrendous with more grime events to be expected while our global political society descends into wherever chaotic hell it's heading towards. Then they die and there will be peace.
CAPITALISM an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. That's ALL it is.
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links.
You're an even bigger joker than I though.
Hey Citizen - you want a free market in terms of no govt intervention- you got it in Somalia. How's she looking clown?
CAPITALISM an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state. That's ALL it is.
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism?
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism?That usually refers to laissez faire, or unregulated, capitalism. Repubs think that should be the goal. Some Dems think regulated capitalism should be the goal. The Repubs are wrong of course for the same reason they're wrong on so many issues. They're stupid. By analogy, think of Abstinence Only as the way to control unwanted births. Repubs think that works. The truth is, it doesn't, research proves it, and that's that. But Repubs are incapable of rational high level reasoning. They're black and white thinkers. Capitalism is the same. In theory unregulated capitalism should promote creativity and competition for the benefit of all. In reality it leads to a short period of creativity and competition until multiple competitors are in a market, and the profit margins grow slim. Then those same corporations try to buy government officials into creating monopolies for them. Or they want welfare. Or worse yet, they collude with their competitors to prop up profits for all of them, cut back on competition and creativity, and move to the pay more for less model.

Makes sense.

Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism?That usually refers to laissez faire, or unregulated, capitalism. Repubs think that should be the goal. Some Dems think regulated capitalism should be the goal. The Repubs are wrong of course for the same reason they're wrong on so many issues. They're stupid. By analogy, think of Abstinence Only as the way to control unwanted births. Repubs think that works. The truth is, it doesn't, research proves it, and that's that. But Repubs are incapable of rational high level reasoning. They're black and white thinkers. Capitalism is the same. In theory unregulated capitalism should promote creativity and competition for the benefit of all. In reality it leads to a short period of creativity and competition until multiple competitors are in a market, and the profit margins grow slim. Then those same corporations try to buy government officials into creating monopolies for them. Or they want welfare. Or worse yet, they collude with their competitors to prop up profits for all of them, cut back on competition and creativity, and move to the pay more for less model. Capitalists often succeed in those last three things you've mentioned, so they contaminate their own model.
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism?That usually refers to laissez faire, or unregulated, capitalism. Repubs think that should be the goal. Some Dems think regulated capitalism should be the goal. The Repubs are wrong of course for the same reason they're wrong on so many issues. They're stupid. By analogy, think of Abstinence Only as the way to control unwanted births. Repubs think that works. The truth is, it doesn't, research proves it, and that's that. But Repubs are incapable of rational high level reasoning. They're black and white thinkers. Capitalism is the same. In theory unregulated capitalism should promote creativity and competition for the benefit of all. In reality it leads to a short period of creativity and competition until multiple competitors are in a market, and the profit margins grow slim. Then those same corporations try to buy government officials into creating monopolies for them. Or they want welfare. Or worse yet, they collude with their competitors to prop up profits for all of them, cut back on competition and creativity, and move to the pay more for less model. Capitalists often succeed in those last three things you've mentioned, so they contaminate their own model. Capitalism leads to monopolies with the concetration of wealth and power. Just a marx predicted 150 years ago
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism? Untrammeled capitalism with no state interference. Surprised you had to ask.
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism?That usually refers to laissez faire, or unregulated, capitalism. Repubs think that should be the goal. Some Dems think regulated capitalism should be the goal. The Repubs are wrong of course for the same reason they're wrong on so many issues. They're stupid. By analogy, think of Abstinence Only as the way to control unwanted births. Repubs think that works. The truth is, it doesn't, research proves it, and that's that. But Repubs are incapable of rational high level reasoning. They're black and white thinkers. Capitalism is the same. In theory unregulated capitalism should promote creativity and competition for the benefit of all. In reality it leads to a short period of creativity and competition until multiple competitors are in a market, and the profit margins grow slim. Then those same corporations try to buy government officials into creating monopolies for them. Or they want welfare. Or worse yet, they collude with their competitors to prop up profits for all of them, cut back on competition and creativity, and move to the pay more for less model. Capitalists often succeed in those last three things you've mentioned, so they contaminate their own model.[/quote Capitalism leads to monopolies with the concetration of wealth and power. Just a marx predicted 150 years ago Which is what we have in the US.
Good point. Thank you. I don't think Africa has ever experienced true Capitalism, except perhaps in a few special exceptions. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Bring along some examples and trustworthy links. what is "true" Capitalism? Untrammeled capitalism with no state interference. Surprised you had to ask. When did it exist and where?