War On Christmas

Yes, control too. They want to keep us as children, as Bishop Spong has said. It is flawed history lessons, learning only what the Church wants you to learn. My sons had the same classes and now neither one can face that they were brainwashed to the point that they cannot see that the character of Jesus, along with all the other stories, which they understand are stories, due to a blocked off section in their brain preventing them to realize this. I can’t break through it and it’s my fault, yet they don’t believe in God. They still have the section of their brain that is inpentiable due to the teachings and keeps them from seeing these things. I think ibelieveinlogic has same thing, which the Church imposed on him so he will believe what they want. If it ever gets broken, it is extremely shocking, stunning, especially if one has spent a lifetime believing what the Church tells you. Thus, why it’s so difficult to break through it- individuals don’t want it broken because just the tiniest hole in that department of their brain, is intolerable.

A lot of the truth was destroyed when the Library of Alexandria was burned.
I refer you to the Wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria

The library seems to have been a significant institution primarily from the second or third century BC to sometime during the first century AD. The library ceased to exist entirely more than a hundred years before the first consensus was reached on the the contents of the Bible in the fourth century. It seems unlikely that texts relating to the life of Christ would have been kept there and thus its demise would not have obscured any information relevant to the Christian Bible.

@ibelieveinlogic That’s just it, they are related, but the Church has hidden that after all these years. Buried the connection so much that modern priests can be blind to it. The connection is there though as they forced people to convert to Xianity. Islam is did and does the same. So many people have been so ingrain with the idea that the Bible stands alone, apart from anything else in history, that the truth of matter cannot get through that wall of a thousand years of brainwashing and Church control. In fact, you are unknowingly doing it now and referring to an unreliable source, that even rejected by college professors, in an attempt to prove your point, but what you are proving is just how successful that brainwashing and control has been over all these centuries.

What war on Xmas? You mean the OT resistance to the introduction of a new Idol, a “kinder” version of God?

Lewis Black, a scholar of the OT, explains the religious chronology.

That 3:04 video didn’t explain anything.

It would be interesting to hear some of the folks who rail against Christianity at length give us their views on Islam. Of course if you come down on Islam (even by just publishing a cartoon) some “holy man” will call for you to be killed and all true believers will be obligated to carry out that hit.

Oh lordie is that the best you got. Diversions and projection of hysterical fantasies.

Couldn’t tell you any more about Islamic Christmas, because that one doesn’t interest us either.

It’s amazing. There is not war on Christmas, but Christians sure do have seem to have a war hard-on against anyone who doesn’t bow down to them.

Not very democratic is it. Oh yea, I remember democracy is out of fashion with that crowd, what’s the point of appealing to old fashioned American Values.

What’s wrong with just not wanting to celebrate the Religious Myth attached to Christmas it because it’s dripping in too much hypocrisy and nonsense.

From Wiki:

The Satanic Verses ... in 1989 the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini of Iran issued a fatwa ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie. Numerous killings, attempted killings, and bombings resulted in response to the novel.
I doubt Mr. Rushdie would call those actions "hysterical fantasies". But don't be afraid, no Christian cleric will order you death because you speak out against their faith.
Christians sure do have seem to have a war hard-on against anyone who doesn’t bow down to them.
They would be horrified if you were to "bow down to them". What they will do is pray for your soul.

What is truly amazing is that you feel justified in railing against people who believe something different from what you believe yet you are incensed if they dare to say that you are wrong. Is that hypocrisy?

... democracy is out of fashion with that crowd, what’s the point of appealing to old fashioned American Values.
You seem to refer to the Dems. There were certainly irregularities and changes in the ways several States conducted their 2020 elections. That much is undeniable. The fact that they have demonstrated not just no interest in examining the irregularities, but a fever for completely burying those issues indicates that they may believe such an examination would confirm Trumps claims. So much for reassuring the people that the election was fair and in line with the old fashioned American Values held by Republicans.

From professional experience, there are irregularities in every election. some people who should not have voted do, and some who should have been allowed to vote are not. Some ballots bear marks when they should have not, and so on.

In France the election is cancelled only if it is demonstrated that the number of these irregularities is sufficient to cast a doubt, even a light one on the result. And experience shows that the voters confirm their fist choice in 95 % of the case, with a greater margin.

In the case of the US presidential election, Trump and supporters have asked for recount and have got them, they have launched hundreds of lawsuits without getting any result. Some of them were rejected very severely by Republican judges, just because the allegations of fraud were not supported by any believable elements. republican states have checked their results and confirmed them, when it would have been their political interest to change them.

Please, admit the facts, and let us go forward … And don’t use these unproved allegations as a pretext to attack the democratic institutions and overthrow them.

This is completely off topic, but in the interest of Christianity I feel obligated to respond to such blatant lies which were spread during a time of remembrance of a person who gave his life in the cause of “love thy neighbor”.

There were certainly irregularities and changes in the ways several States conducted their 2020 elections. That much is undeniable.
Yes, giving all eligible voters an opportunity to vote. And let me remind you who is eligible to vote.
Today, citizens over the age of 18 cannot be denied the right to vote, regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, or sexual orientation.
------------
The fact that they have demonstrated not just no interest in examining the irregularities, but a fever for completely burying those issues indicates that they may believe such an examination would confirm Trumps claims. So much for reassuring the people that the election was fair and in line with the old fashioned American Values held by Republicans.
You are conveniently forgetting that "they" were honest Republicans who monitored, counted, and verified the ballots in Republican states. According to these officials doing "due diligence" there were no remarkable incidents of voter fraud, else these Republican monitors would have most assuredly raised red flags. None were raised, except by people like you who had no presence but have only an interest to win by hook or by crook, based on an acceptance of blatant lies which were proven to be unsupported by any evidence of wrong doing, and the words by a madman who was elected by legal vote and proceeded to try and keep the presidency by incitement to lawless and wanton insurrection and the demand to Republican state officials to "come up with enough votes to get me re-elected"

Your attitude makes you the domestic enemy who is specifically mentioned in the US Constitution as needing to be defended against.

Where is your proof of voter fraud??? You don’t have any!!!

Xianity evolved from pagan sun worship.
I believe that's a fairly accurate assessment.

Xianity was overlaid on top of pagan sun worship, is closer to what went down back then.

It would be interesting to hear some of the folks who rail against Christianity at length give us their views on Islam. Of course if you come down on Islam (even by just publishing a cartoon) some “holy man” will call for you to be killed and all true believers will be obligated to carry out that hit.

In the U.S. anyone can say what they want about Islam, without repercussions and truth be told, Islam is just like Xianity, only it came from moon worship, instead of sun worship. I also think it is more violent than Xianity, but both are violent.

Regarding @339585.

The fact that they have demonstrated not just no interest in examining the irregularities, but a fever for completely burying those issues indicates that they may believe such an examination would confirm Trumps claims. So much for reassuring the people that the election was fair and in line with the old fashioned American Values held by Republicans.

@write4u responds:

Where is your proof?????? You don’t have any!!!!!!!!
Proof of course they have proof !!!!!!! You can read all about it on the internet !!!!!!!!!!!
Claim 1: More votes than registered voters

Claim 2: Unexplained surges in Democrat votes

Claim 3: Votes flipped from Trump to Biden

Claim 4: The voting machines are owned by Democrats

Claim 5: Thousands of dead people voted

So there. Isn’t that proof enough for ya? Evidence, WTF, trumpsters don’t need no stinking evidence.

Proof is in their hearts, nothing else is needed. Faith bro, faith.

As for evidence, well there’s this:

US election 2020: Fact-checking Trump team's main fraud claims

https://www _ bbc _ com/news/election-us-2020-55016029

Election Fraud Claims: a State-by-State Guide President Trump’s campaign and its allies have lost dozens of court cases challenging President-elect Joe Biden’s win

www _ wsj m_ com/articles/election-fraud-claims-a-state-by-state-guide-11609962846

Here are the GOP and Trump campaign’s allegations of election irregularities. So far, none has been proved.

By David A. Fahrenthold, Elise Viebeck, Emma Brown and Rosalind S. Helderman
November 10, 2020 at 4:08 p.m

www _ washingtonpost _ com/politics/trump-election-irregularities-claims/2020/11/08/8f704e6c-2141-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story html

Trump and Republican officials have won zero out of at least 42 lawsuits they've filed since Election Day Jacob Shamsian and Sonam Sheth Jan 5, 2021, 7:51 AM

www _ businessinsider _ com/trump-campaign-lawsuits-election-results-2020-11

Then this past Monday, even the stacked Supreme Court turned its back on the most treasonous criminal pig of an Ugly American. And he thought he’d bought them off, …

Supreme Court refuses quick action on last-ditch Trump election lawsuits

Tucker Higgins, JAN 11 2021

www _ cnbc _ com/2021/01/11/supreme-court-refuses-quick-action-on-trump-election-lawsuits _ html

How have the Democrats become so corrupt? I have it from good sources on the internet that the Dems are hatching a communist plot with the approval of Putin. That’s why the Russians are helping the Dems with all the slanderous accusations against the Republicans, you know the real Americans!

p.s. NOT!!!

... Islam is just like Xianity, only it came from moon worship ...
I want to believe this is an attempt at humor. If it isn't, I am at a loss of how to respond.

The three monotheist religions come from primitive judaism.

And judaism, in his beginnings was not a monotheist religion. there has been many phases:

• Polytheism

-Yahweh as the only god of Israel, the other gods being the gods of other people. Incidentally, as many middle east god, he had his asherah. Steles to her have been found.

• Monotheism came late, during exile.

Why ? Because the exile needed to be explained in religious terms. The God of Babylon could not be more powerful than Yahweh. Therefore, the only explanation was that there was only one god, who punished the jews for erring.

Monotheism needed after that some centuries to become effectively the only Jewish religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism#:~:text=The%20first%20known%20reference%20to,God%20within%20a%20monist%20context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah#In_Israel_and_Judah

@ibelieveinlogic

If it isn’t, I am at a loss of how to respond.

Good.

@morgankane01

The three monotheist religions come from primitive judaism.

And judaism, in his beginnings was not a monotheist religion. there has been many phases:

– Polytheism

Exactly and they worshipped things like volcanos (as seen by Moses getting the 10 Commandments, which was a volcano), Golden calves, the sun, the moon, even the 40 days and 40 nights symbolizes gestation. It’s all symbolic for such things like this.

Interesting, of course it looks like Islamic religion is like the Christian one, in that it denies its ties to original sources.

Allah as a lunar deity From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to searchThe postulation that Allah (the name of God in Islam) historically originates as a moon god (who was worshipped in pre-Islamic Arabia) originates in early 20th-century scholarship.

The idea was first proposed by archeologist Hugo Winckler in 1901, when he identified the pre-Islamic Allah with another pre-Islamic Arabian deity known as Hubal, which he referred to as a lunar deity. More recent scholars have rejected this view, partly because it is speculation but also because they believe a Nabataean origin would have made the context of South Arabian beliefs irrelevant.[1]

It was widely propagated in the United States in the 1990s, first via the publication of Robert Morey’s pamphlet The Moon-god Allah: In Archeology of the Middle East (1994), eventually followed by his book The Islamic Invasion: Confronting the World’s Fastest-Growing Religion (2001). Morey’s ideas were popularised by cartoonist and publisher Jack Chick, who drew a fictionalised cartoon story entitled “Allah Had No Son” in 1994.[2][original research?]

Morey argues that “Allah” was the name of a moon goddess in pre-Islamic Arabic mythology, the implication being that “Allah” as the term for God in Islam implies that Muslims worship a different deity than the Judeo-Christian one. The use of a lunar calendar and the prevalence of crescent moon imagery in Islam is said by some to be the origin of this hypothesis.[3] Joseph Lumbard, a professor of classical Islam, has stated that the idea is “not only an insult to Muslims but also an insult to Arab Christians who use the name ‘Allah’ for God.”[4]

The Quran itself forbids moon worship in Quran 41:37 [5]

Do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon, but prostrate to Allah, who created them.

... Moses getting the 10 Commandments, which was a volcano ...
Now I see that it (post #339587) was indeed an attempt at humor. This latest post is obviously an attempt at more humor. So, how do I know?

First, we have an atheist, who would deny that the exodus as described in the Bible, which atheists must consider to be a complete fake, never happened because of the total lack of evidence or any account of such a thing in Egyptian history confirming now that it did happen. Second, that atheist, who considers Moses as only a mythological character now confirming that he did exist and did do at least some of what is described in the Bible. Third, that same atheist stating absolutely that the mountain where the mythical Moses received, not produced, the 10 Commandments during the exodus, which did not happen, not only has been located but also has been positively identified as a known volcanic site.

Atheists everywhere must be laughing.

... even the 40 days and 40 nights symbolizes gestation ...
Another attempt at humor. In that culture, now as then, the term "40" applied to anything means only a large amount or number. A statement "I have not see him in 40 days (and 40 nights)" is the English equivalent of "I have not seen him forever." Neither statement is an attempt to actually quantify the length of time.

now confirming that Moses did exist
Says who?

Based on what?

I was confused about how 40 days and nights related to gestation? Til I did a little math and all was revealed. Average gestation 40 weeks.