University Student Sues Because Of Grade

This story is a good reason for why my generation is horrible.

There’s not a lot of information in that story to draw a conclusion but Lehigh is a competitive and very well respected liberal arts college. This sounds like a disgruntled student who has come back and tried to get something changed after she found it is having a negative affect on her career. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to prove the charges she has brought. Lots of A students get an occasional sub-par grade. My eldest just graduated from a school very similar to Lehigh and had straight A’s except for one B-, so the fact that this one grad deviates from her usual performance is proof of nothing.
I am always a bit suspicious of cases like these. Too many people try to blame others for their failures. Its the entitlement society we live in that seems to have gotten worse with each generation. When my brother was in med school he and his friends noticed some blatant cheating going on. They reported it to the professor and the next exam the proctor caught the two students in the act. To the schools credit the two students were expelled, but shortly after they got lawyer and put a story in the paper that they were the target of jealous students. A week later my brother and the other students who reported the cheating were sued and served with summonses. To add insult to injury the summons were served in school in the middle of an exam. Too many people today just don’t take responsibility for their own actions.

Not enough info in the article for me to form an opinion.

Just heard about this on Morning Joe and it seems her grade was lowered because of outbursts she made during class, including crying. The prof lowered her class participation grade which lowered her overall grade to a C. She’s now stating that the prof didn’t like her because of her pro-gay marriage stance. I know that this happens, the prof has personal differences with a student or the cute girl in the front row getting special treatment (smarmy but true) yet in this case it seems that she’s crying wolf. We’ll know more after the press digs around and the lawsuit actually goes to court. I’m really surprised that the judge didn’t laugh and put it in the round file.
Cap’t Jack

Ya sorry this seems like a stretch. Do employers really care about the grades you got? I’ve never seen or heard of that, only that you have the degree or not.

Charles Murray should investigate this incident. :lol:
The fact that our society takes this crap even remotely seriously, is frightening.

According to CNN this case was dismissed by the judge who decided the evidence didnt support her claims.
To add insult to injury this ungrateful kid got her $200,000 education form Lehigh University for free ( her dad is a prof there). Maybe she should figure that into the tally of “financial damage” that she is trying to claim.

According to CNN this case was dismissed by the judge who decided the evidence didnt support her claims. To add insult to injury this ungrateful kid got her $200,000 education form Lehigh University for free ( her dad is a prof there). Maybe she should figure that into the tally of "financial damage" that she is trying to claim.
Glad to hear about the dismissal of the case. What a brat.