Unbelievable Bad Jesus

Blaire said:

*Jesus advocates child abuse

Mark 7:9

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.

Blaire:

Below is Mark 7:9, as well as part of its context (surrounding verses).

“{9} Further, he [Jesus] said to them [the Pharisees and some of the scribes]: ‘You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. {10} For example, Moses said, “Honor your father and your mother,” and, “Let the one who speaks abusively of his father or mother be put to death.”’ {11} But you say, ‘If a MAN says to his father or his mother: ‘Whatever I have that could benefit you is corban (that is, a gift dedicated to God,’ {12} you no longer let him do a single thing for his father or his mother. {13} Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.’” (Mark 7:9-13)

Obviously, you object to grown adult children being punished for verbally abusing their elderly parents (verse 10). On top of that, you object to adult children being punished for failing to financially support their elderly parents (verse 11)–despite the fact this was part of the Mosaic Law into which the ancient Israelites were a part of.

Alter2Ego

“That people may know that you, whose name is JEHOVAH, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” ~ Psalms 83:18

Alter2 said “TimB: I asked you four direct questions, which you are now dodging. Until you answer my questions, do not expect me to answer any of yours.”

TimB replies: Fair enough. My questions are more interesting, and relevant to the present, but they are off topic. I meant them to illustrate that whatever the answers one gets, to your questions or mine, those answers are simply opinions about works of fiction.

Hi Alt2Ego,

Are you unable to view the links I submitted?