Unbelievable Bad Jesus

New Testament Bible Verses ?

*Hate Speech by Jesus

Luke 14:26

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple.

*Violent Jesus

Matthew 10:34-37

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth, I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother in law and a man’s foes will be those of his own household. He who loves mother or father more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and he who does not take his cross to follow me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.

• Jesus advocates murder and death

Matthew 10:21

Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child, and the children should rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

*Jesus advocates child abuse

Mark 7:9

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.

*Jesus promotes slavery

Luke 12:47

The servant who knows the master’s will and does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.

What is your favorite bible verse?

Romans 13:8

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

Matthew 10

Luke 14

Mark 7

The Lectionary avoids your Mark passage, which is a clear sign that they don’t think it is redeemable.

You forgot Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

In essence, either you do as I say or you are the enemy. You are with God or you are with Satan. Nobody is innocent, nobody is on the sidelines. Today that is interpreted to mean, “If you are not part of MY religion then you are evil, so it’s okay if you suffer and die because that’s nothing compared to what you have coming in the afterlife.”

I wrote a short and snappy little piece on this very subject last summer.

Many liberal Christians seem utterly unaware of Jesus’ so-called “hard sayings.” It drives me nuts.

I see liberal Christians condemn conservative Christians for ignoring, say, the Jesus of the Beatitudes, telling them to “read the Bible!” But it’s clear the liberal Christians haven’t read it either. I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve seen things like, “Jesus spoke only of love! He never got angry! He never mentioned hell!” Really? What Bible are they reading?

This woman doesn’t recognize words attributed to Jesus – thinking they’re from the OT instead.

Bottom line: Both sides cherrypick to create the Jesus that agrees with them.

Why am I being moderated?

@Tee

Yessss!!! I couldn’t agree more ?

The desert tribes didn’t mess around.

The Jewish scholars he interacted with were absolutely stunned by the stuff he said to them
I'm not aware of extra-biblical records of scholars commenting on the writings of Jesus in the way you state here. That would be very interesting to me. Or even a chapter and verse, if that's what you meant.
for example:
Yeah, don't recommend coming to a skeptics forum and claiming that the Bible is accurate history. But, you're call.

@Sherlock

The bible is forged. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John did Not write any of the gospels. It was written by unknown authors. If it wasn’t for Constantine and the Nicea Council bringing together several hundred quarreling religious leaders in AD 325, Jesus would have never reached divine statrdom.

@Sherlock

There are zero original texts from the New Testament or The Hebrew Bible. What we have are copies of fragments written centuries later and most of them are all different from one another.

What does it mean to state that god inspired the word of the texts if we don’t have the words?

Why should someone think that god performed the miracle of inspiring the words in the first place if he didn’t perform the miracle of preserving the words? ?

Do you find it odd that Jesus’ native language was Aramaic and the first written words of the NT were written n Greek?

He has preserved them, what we have is the result of that preservation, scribes faithfully copying, as I mentioned there is very little in the way of changes across the centuries.
Bart Ehrmann has a great story in one of his books about the early scholars who rode out into the deserts looking for the ancient Greek manuscripts way back before Erasmus. He found a bunch of them in a bin of some monastery, they were using them as fire starter. He was rather excited about them so they hung on to them, and when the guy came back, the price for them was suddenly rather high. Way to go God!

@Sherlock

Since there were Not typewriters or copy machines in the ancient world, these scribes painfully hand wrote each word and each letter by hand. (Keep in mind, less than 2% of the population could even read or write during that time period). As a result there are numerous errors during this copy practice. For example:

Which resurrection story do you believe? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all give different accounts.

It is clear to me Justin Brierely, that no matter what evidence is presented to you, you will Never give up your imaginary friend or magical thinking. What is your purpose of coming to this forum? The vast majority of us were raised in the Christian church. I can assure you, most of us did not leave our religion to be mean spirited. We left because we thought it through and we thought we were wrong. It is emotionally very difficult.

How can you host an Unbelievable Christian show and portray to the world that you are a godly man with high morals and values and come to this forum and insult us and degrade us because we do not answers your questions correctly?

@Lausten

Yes! In 1945 the Gnostic Gospels were discovered in Nag Hamadi by a peasant. These 52 papyrus are 100% authentic. My personal favorite is the Gospel of Mary Magdalene. She talks about kissing Jesus ?

@Sherlock

Have you read your bible lately? Do you cherry pick the bible? Do you gain knowledge and inspiration from the following verses?

Let us pray ? Dear God, thank you for inspiring such a wonderful book. The bible instills great morals and values for our children.

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.
Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.
Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.
I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.
2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.
2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.
Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.
Isaiah 13:18 They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
Lamentations 2:20 Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.
Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.
Hosea 9:14 give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Yeah why list the merciless horrors of Jehovah, like a list of articles of Impeachment.

“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.” “…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.”
“And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.” “slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.” “dash their children, and rip up their women with child.” “all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.” “Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.” “They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.” “Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.” “Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.” “give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.” “their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”

Sure these tweetish verses seem bad, but is it a reason to remove Jehovah from his position as God of All?

They sound like the standing orders the Turks gave the ISIS monsters that they unleashed onto the Kurds in Northern Syria, since we betrayed and abandoned those Kurds.

Did our friend Sherlock delete his CFI Account?

He did Blaire. He tried coming back with new ones, but he refused to discuss his rule violations. He’s permanently blocked.