UFO Documentaries

I hope this thread might be used to create a list of UFO documentaries worth watching. As best I can tell, most UFO documentaries are poorly crafted rubbish, but I have seen a few which I found pretty intelligent and compelling. Please help me separate the junk from the watchable by listing any quality UFO documentaries below.
Here’s the best two I’ve seen

1. Out Of The Blue
    UFOTV Presents UFOs OUT OF THE BLUE - HD FEATURE FILM - YouTube
    Watch UFOTV Presents: Out of the Blue - The Definitive Investigation On UFOs | Prime Video
  2. UFOs: The Secret History
    Available for free on Amazon Prime - (can’t find web link)
    UFOs THE SECRET HISTORY - HD FEATURE FILM - YouTube
I hope this thread might be used to create a list of UFO documentaries worth watching. As best I can tell, most UFO documentaries are poorly crafted rubbish, but I have seen a few which I found pretty intelligent and compelling. Please help me separate the junk from the watchable by listing any quality UFO documentaries below. Here's the best two I've seen 1) Out Of The Blue https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=cYPCKIL7oVw https://www.amazon.com/Out-Blue-Definitive-Investigation-Phenomenon/dp/B00M5KDGSQ 2) UFOs: The Secret History Available for free on Amazon Prime - (can't find web link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDb1oyVKnP4
Sorry! I refuse to admit to seeing anything except what bourbon tells me I have seen.
I hope this thread might be used to create a list of UFO documentaries worth watching. As best I can tell, most UFO documentaries are poorly crafted rubbish, but I have seen a few which I found pretty intelligent and compelling. Please help me separate the junk from the watchable by listing any quality UFO documentaries below. Here's the best two I've seen 1) Out Of The Blue https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=cYPCKIL7oVw https://www.amazon.com/Out-Blue-Definitive-Investigation-Phenomenon/dp/B00M5KDGSQ 2) UFOs: The Secret History Available for free on Amazon Prime - (can't find web link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDb1oyVKnP4
I have seen both of these and found them very interesting. I'm not saying they conclusively prove that ET's are visiting earth but they do raise some interesting questions and cause one to be a bit more open-minded. Probably the most compelling UFO case I know of is the Rendlesham Forest incident that occurred over the Christmas period of 1980 in the UK. Now, while it seems to me that a number of the participants are not entirely genuine, the main witness, Col. Charles Halt, has always struck me as truthful and been very consistent over the years in re-telling his account of what happened, or at least, what his interpretation was. Again, I am not saying what was, after all, a subjective account proves ET's were about that night but Halt was not on his own, heading a group of airmen at the time. If what he and his men was of this world then whatever caused it warrants investigation in its own right to have caused such an experience.
I'm not saying they conclusively prove that ET's are visiting earth but they do raise some interesting questions and cause one to be a bit more open-minded.
Agree, that's how I feel about it too. I'm at the point where I feel something is going on, but what it is I don't claim to know.
Probably the most compelling UFO case I know of is the Rendlesham Forest incident that occurred over the Christmas period of 1980 in the UK.
Yes, I found those interviews to be quite persuasive. Another compelling story was the Phoenix lights incident. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights
I'm not saying they conclusively prove that ET's are visiting earth but they do raise some interesting questions and cause one to be a bit more open-minded.
Agree, that's how I feel about it too. I'm at the point where I feel something is going on, but what it is I don't claim to know.
Probably the most compelling UFO case I know of is the Rendlesham Forest incident that occurred over the Christmas period of 1980 in the UK.
Yes, I found those interviews to be quite persuasive. Another compelling story was the Phoenix lights incident. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights Yep, I've seen a lot of stuff about the Phoenix lights. Officially, it was flares dropped by the Air Force. How do you feel about that explanation?
Yep, I've seen a lot of stuff about the Phoenix lights. Officially, it was flares dropped by the Air Force. How do you feel about that explanation?
Well, all I know is what I saw in the documentary. Based on those numerous eye witness accounts, including from the Governor of Arizona, flares seems a silly explanation. Consistently lame stories like that from the government are pretty good evidence they know something they'd prefer not to tell us. What that might be, no idea. Something very unusual flew over Phoenix, that much seems clear. It could have been a secret govt project, but why would they fly a secret project over a major city on a clear night when they knew lots of people would be outside looking up at the comet then passing by? My favorite UFO theory is that it's not aliens at all, but future humans come back in time to check out their ancestors. Don't ask me to prove that please. :-)
Yep, I've seen a lot of stuff about the Phoenix lights. Officially, it was flares dropped by the Air Force. How do you feel about that explanation?
Well, all I know is what I saw in the documentary. Based on those numerous eye witness accounts, including from the Governor of Arizona, flares seems a silly explanation. Consistently lame stories like that from the government are pretty good evidence they know something they'd prefer not to tell us. What that might be, no idea. Something very unusual flew over Phoenix, that much seems clear. It could have been a secret govt project, but why would they fly a secret project over a major city on a clear night when they knew lots of people would be outside looking up at the comet then passing by? My favorite UFO theory is that it's not aliens at all, but future humans come back in time to check out their ancestors. Don't ask me to prove that please. :-) It's a lovely idea, Tanny, and I hope it's true but the problem is proving it. Of course, if it is true, the time travelers would know very well that at our current level of science we could not possibly prove it, so they are covered. So if there is some kind of non-interference directive they have to observe it wouldn't really matter since we could never be sure they were real anyway. Now that's clever. :) The official explanations do seem pretty lame, yes, so there might well be something more behind it.
Well, all I know is what I saw in the documentary. Based on those numerous eye witness accounts, including from the Governor of Arizona, flares seems a silly explanation. Consistently lame stories like that from the government are pretty good evidence they know something they'd prefer not to tell us. What that might be, no idea. Something very unusual flew over Phoenix, that much seems clear. It could have been a secret govt project, but why would they fly a secret project over a major city on a clear night when they knew lots of people would be outside looking up at the comet then passing by? My favorite UFO theory is that it's not aliens at all, but future humans come back in time to check out their ancestors. Don't ask me to prove that please. :-) It's a lovely idea, Tanny, and I hope it's true but the problem is proving it. Of course, if it is true, the time travelers would know very well that at our current level of science we could not possibly prove it, so they are covered. So if there is some kind of non-interference directive they have to observe it wouldn't really matter since we could never be sure they were real anyway. Now that's clever. :) The official explanations do seem pretty lame, yes, so there might well be something more behind it. Yes, there is. A million screwball claims without a scrap of supporting evidence.
Yes, there is. A million screwball claims without a scrap of supporting evidence.
Hi Lois, please add me to your ignore list. Thanks!
The official explanations do seem pretty lame, yes, so there might well be something more behind it.
It's not just that government explanations are lame, it's the apparent lack of interest in investigating the reports. The Governor of Arizona and hundreds of citizens all over town see something huge flying slowly over the city. No investigation is launched, nobody in the government even wants to discuss it. What some folks don't get is that if the government was trying to hide something like this, a common disinformation tactic would be to deliberately flood the market with all kinds of crackpot claims and sightings so as to discredit the entire subject. Even if the UFO phenomena is nothing more than mass hysteria, that's still a really big deal which requires serious investigation. I challenge anyone to actually watch the documentaries linked above and then still cling to the theory that the whole UFO thing is just a bunch of silliness.
Yes, there is. A million screwball claims without a scrap of supporting evidence.
Hi Lois, please add me to your ignore list. Thanks! I'll make up my own mind as to whom to add to my ignore list. I don't take suggestions from fools. But feel free to put me on your ignore list. Nothing would please me more. Lois
The official explanations do seem pretty lame, yes, so there might well be something more behind it.
It's not just that government explanations are lame, it's the apparent lack of interest in investigating the reports. The Governor of Arizona and hundreds of citizens all over town see something huge flying slowly over the city. No investigation is launched, nobody in the government even wants to discuss it. What some folks don't get is that if the government was trying to hide something like this, a common disinformation tactic would be to deliberately flood the market with all kinds of crackpot claims and sightings so as to discredit the entire subject. Even if the UFO phenomena is nothing more than mass hysteria, that's still a really big deal which requires serious investigation. I challenge anyone to actually watch the documentaries linked above and then still cling to the theory that the whole UFO thing is just a bunch of silliness. It will remain a bunch of silliness to rational people until there is objective evidence that it is not just a bunch of silliness.
It's not just that government explanations are lame, it's the apparent lack of interest in investigating the reports. The Governor of Arizona and hundreds of citizens all over town see something huge flying slowly over the city. No investigation is launched, nobody in the government even wants to discuss it. What some folks don't get is that if the government was trying to hide something like this, a common disinformation tactic would be to deliberately flood the market with all kinds of crackpot claims and sightings so as to discredit the entire subject. Even if the UFO phenomena is nothing more than mass hysteria, that's still a really big deal which requires serious investigation. I challenge anyone to actually watch the documentaries linked above and then still cling to the theory that the whole UFO thing is just a bunch of silliness. I can understand why the government doesn't really want to take such cases seriously in a way. If they were seen to be seriously investigating UFOs a lot of people would probably take that to mean UFOs are real and exist and are a threat. Now, this could lead to serious problems in society such as mass hysteria and so on causing social and economic instability, and who knows what? So the government probably well know there is something going on but choose to look into it surreptitiously to avoid over-publicizing it. There may well be convincing evidence of alien visitations but if so is locked away somewhere out of the view of prying eyes. Even if there is no real evidence of ET's, the government agencies involved have no more idea than us about what is going on but knows something is. It does seem strange to me that there never seems any really convincing photos or videos of these incidents, instead just circumstantial evidence which can be interpreted in more than one way. Is this because the really good evidence is always spirited away by whatever agencies are involved. Could be.
It's not just that government explanations are lame, it's the apparent lack of interest in investigating the reports. The Governor of Arizona and hundreds of citizens all over town see something huge flying slowly over the city. No investigation is launched, nobody in the government even wants to discuss it. What some folks don't get is that if the government was trying to hide something like this, a common disinformation tactic would be to deliberately flood the market with all kinds of crackpot claims and sightings so as to discredit the entire subject. Even if the UFO phenomena is nothing more than mass hysteria, that's still a really big deal which requires serious investigation. I challenge anyone to actually watch the documentaries linked above and then still cling to the theory that the whole UFO thing is just a bunch of silliness. It will remain a bunch of silliness to rational people until there is objective evidence that it is not just a bunch of silliness. And my reply is look at the evidence. There's plenty about.
I'll make up my own mind as to whom to add to my ignore list. I don't take suggestions from fools.
Ah, I see, you deliberately read fools, which would make you a.... Hmm... If I wasn't a fool I could probably figure this out.
It will remain a bunch of silliness to rational people until there is objective evidence that it is not just a bunch of silliness.
Ah, I see, you win by default. What a master of reason you must be!
I can understand why the government doesn't really want to take such cases seriously in a way. If they were seen to be seriously investigating UFOs a lot of people would probably take that to mean UFOs are real and exist and are a threat.
I hear you, but consider the counter case. Scientists poo-poo UFOs for decades, declaring it just a bunch of nothing, typically with a snotty superior condescending tone. And then a UFO does land on the White House lawn, proving all the UFO wacko nutjobs right. What happens to the credibility of science and the government if they are revealed to be completely wrong about the biggest story in human history? Or, what happens to that credibility if it becomes known the government knew, but lied to us for decades? Point being, there's a price tag attached to being either ignorant or dishonest.
It does seem strange to me that there never seems any really convincing photos or videos of these incidents, instead just circumstantial evidence which can be interpreted in more than one way.
That's a good point of course. The situation seems to be, a huge pile of credible evidence of something happening, but no proof of any particular explanation. It could be some kind of unknown mass psychological phenomena, which seems to be the government party line. But isn't that almost as interesting and important as UFOs? So even if that's it, where's the government investigation?
Is this because the really good evidence is always spirited away by whatever agencies are involved. Could be.
Some of the stories in the documentaries above strongly suggest this is the case, but again, no proof of anything. To me, the strongest evidence the government is up to something is the lack of publicly reported investigations. That makes no sense to me. Thousands of citizens reporting unknown aircraft flying over a country, and nobody official is sent out to interview the witnesses. There's clearly something wrong with that picture. As example, consider the huge resources devoted to uncovering plots by some lone wolf wacko with a bomb in their underwear. Millions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of FBI agents are tasked to this threat. But hyper performance mysterious aircraft being reported thousands of times, often by highly credible witnesses... Nothing.
It will remain a bunch of silliness to rational people until there is objective evidence that it is not just a bunch of silliness.
Ok, ok, I apologize for kicking your ass Lois. Besides being an ass myself, here's why I'm kicking. I've been using forums for twenty years, and have seen countless "intellectual" communities destroyed by lazy posters whose primary goal in posting is to inflate their ego. Threads get clogged with piles of little one sentence blurbs that contribute nothing at all to the conversation, except that the poster gets to pose themselves as being somehow superior. And then what happens is that those who could and would make it an interesting thread get bored with scrolling through all the junk, and so they vanish. As the signal to noise ratio declines, more and more interesting posters wander off, until finally the forum is little more than an ego mud wrestling contest. So, please do challenge anything anybody says. We all know that this is an important part of critical thinking and we accept that challenging is what happens here. But please challenge intelligently. Make it interesting. As example, you might actually watch the videos linked above, select some specific point contained within, and then present a calm, reasoned challenge to that point, using data and evidence where you can. It doesn't have to be perfect, just show evidence of making a sincere effort to contribute something worthwhile. If you should decline this invitation, what will happen is that eventually you'll have nobody but other little one sentence ego blurbers to chat with, and then even you will become bored.
I can understand why the government doesn't really want to take such cases seriously in a way. If they were seen to be seriously investigating UFOs a lot of people would probably take that to mean UFOs are real and exist and are a threat.
I hear you, but consider the counter case. Scientists poo-poo UFOs for decades, declaring it just a bunch of nothing, typically with a snotty superior condescending tone. And then a UFO does land on the White House lawn, proving all the UFO wacko nutjobs right. What happens to the credibility of science and the government if they are revealed to be completely wrong about the biggest story in human history? Or, what happens to that credibility if it becomes known the government knew, but lied to us for decades? Point being, there's a price tag attached to being either ignorant or dishonest.
It does seem strange to me that there never seems any really convincing photos or videos of these incidents, instead just circumstantial evidence which can be interpreted in more than one way.
That's a good point of course. The situation seems to be, a huge pile of credible evidence of something happening, but no proof of any particular explanation. It could be some kind of unknown mass psychological phenomena, which seems to be the government party line. But isn't that almost as interesting and important as UFOs? So even if that's it, where's the government investigation?
Is this because the really good evidence is always spirited away by whatever agencies are involved. Could be.
Some of the stories in the documentaries above strongly suggest this is the case, but again, no proof of anything. To me, the strongest evidence the government is up to something is the lack of publicly reported investigations. That makes no sense to me. Thousands of citizens reporting unknown aircraft flying over a country, and nobody official is sent out to interview the witnesses. There's clearly something wrong with that picture. As example, consider the huge resources devoted to uncovering plots by some lone wolf wacko with a bomb in their underwear. Millions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of FBI agents are tasked to this threat. But hyper performance mysterious aircraft being reported thousands of times, often by highly credible witnesses... Nothing. What do you think about the theory that some of these high performance UFOs are top secret experimental aircraft?
Some of the stories in the documentaries above strongly suggest this is the case, but again, no proof of anything. To me, the strongest evidence the government is up to something is the lack of publicly reported investigations. That makes no sense to me. Thousands of citizens reporting unknown aircraft flying over a country, and nobody official is sent out to interview the witnesses. There's clearly something wrong with that picture. As example, consider the huge resources devoted to uncovering plots by some lone wolf wacko with a bomb in their underwear. Millions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of FBI agents are tasked to this threat. But hyper performance mysterious aircraft being reported thousands of times, often by highly credible witnesses... Nothing. What do you think about the theory that some of these high performance UFOs are top secret experimental aircraft? While it's an interesting idea, it doesn't rise to a scientific theory. When you can come up with any objective evidence to support it rather than wishful thinking, it might be worth exploring. Until then, it's a waste of time. Interesting ideas with no evidence are a dime a dozen.