Research Enquiry

If anyone has seen a you UFO, unexplained aerial phenomena, had any experience relating to these (or knows anyone who has) and they are interested in being interviewed for a book, please could you private message me?

Many thanks
truthseeker96

"...interested in being interviewed for a book..."
You want to interview people in exchange for a book? Can I choose what book, or do you have some lying around you're trying to get rid of? If you have a limited selection of books, please provide a list and I'll see if there are any I'd be willing to receive in payment for my time.

My time is valuable, so they better be hard cover and in good condition.

@truthseeker96

Is english your second language" The acronym UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object.It does not even suggest such an object is an alien craft. Human beings make such claims because they lack the knowledge, the wit ,or the imagination to think of anything else.

Using the principle of Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is often the right explanation) We find also ‘pareidolia’ . This arises from the hard wired human tendency to imagine shapes in all kinds of things. Eg a bunny rabbit in that cloud, or a picture of Jesus in a piece of toast., a face in that photo from mars .

The UFO myth has been around in my lifetime, for over 60 years. I have seen hundreds of images, and read a lot of reports. I have yet to see any credible evidence of an alien craft or aliens visiting earth.This includes ‘aliens did it’ as an explanation for ancient things which seem out of place or time.

I should point out, that interviews with people making such claims are called ‘anecdotal’ and not generally accepted as proof by rational people.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A link explaining 10 things often mistaken for UFOs

Patrick D wrote: "Is english your second language” The acronym UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object.It does not even suggest such an object is an alien craft. "
I don't believe Truthseeker did suggest that he was talking about "alien craft" (unless he edited his post in retrospect). He used "unexplained aerial phenomena" which is a legitimate term.

Another phenomenon commonly mistaken for a UFO is a parhelion, or “mock sun”. I saw a beautiful one just the other day.

He used “unexplained aerial phenomena” which is a legitimate term.

What he actually wrote was “If anyone has seen a you UFO, unexplained aerial phenomena,” which I interpreted as an an explanation of the acronym “UFO”. Seems I misread. My bad.

No, he did not mention aliens. I thought (and still think) that was implied. My thinking is that interviewing people who have had those experiences has one of two likely reasons; to either confirm the alien claims, or to debunk them. In either case, I stand by my claim that eyewitness accounts are usually referred to as “anecdotal” and are not accepted as credible evidence.

Both approaches have been covered ad nauseum et ad infinitum. Neither set of claims have been proved , im0 ,but I lean towards the simple scientific explanations, and reject conspiracy theories (eg of Area 51)

Apologies if I have made an unreasonable interpretation of the post.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The Wiki article on eyewitness testimony linked below is worth a glance.

“Eyewitness testimony is the account a bystander or victim gives in the courtroom, describing what that person observed that occurred during the specific incident under investigation. Ideally this recollection of events is detailed; however, this is not always the case. This recollection is used as evidence to show what happened from a witness’ point of view. Memory recall has been considered a credible source in the past, but has recently come under attack as forensics can now support psychologists in their claim that memories and individual perceptions can be unreliable, manipulated, and biased. Due to this, many countries and states within the US are now attempting to make changes in how eyewitness testimony is presented in court. Eyewitness testimony is a specialized focus within cognitive psychology.”

Whether it was implied or not is one of those things that rests in the eye of the beholder I guess. I myself have been fascinated by UFO’s since I was a teenager. In those days I thoroughly believed that they did represent alien visitors. I would stargaze every night in the summer, hoping to have my own close encounter. As I grew older, I learned a lot more about what causes people to let their imaginations run away with them, and the idea of alien visitors seems pretty absurd to me. But I’m still fascinated by the phenomenon. Maybe we can coax Truthseeker into telling us a little more about his own thoughts on the subject, assuming that it won’t compromise his objectivity.

Umm, I wrote a fairly detailed reply about UFOs, still shows that I posted, but I can’t find my reply.

Could some kind soul please tell me how to find it or if it’s been deleted somehow.

Appreciate any help.

That’s weird, Patrick, because I got an e-mail notifying me of your reply and including the full text. Let me see if I can… AH!

Patrick D's reply --

Perhaps we may be given more information.

I remain fascinated by the question, in which I’ve had an interest for over 40 years. I still believe that it’s logically impossible that we are the only intelligent life in the entire universe (multiverse?) . Of course, that does not prove the reality of that conclusion . I have yet to come across any credible evidence of alien visitation.

I first came across a ‘photo of a flying saucer’ in about 1960 ,in a magazine article about another fraud, George Adamski. His “flying saucer ‘turned out to be the top of a 1950’s drink cooler

Next was the report of ‘Project Bluebook’ done by US air force, over years

I first came across the notion that ‘God is an alien’, in an article in old copy of one of the Sci Fi magazines,”Astounding” I think. in about 1970. The article was by ‘A Russian Scientist’. In the article the scientist deconstructed the Book Of Ezekiel. He claimed the description of Ezekiel’s experience described a space ship and aliens.

A full book “The Spaceships Of Ezekiel” was written by a NASA scientist, Josef M Blumrich, in 1974. This proved that being a NASA scientist is no guarantee of sanity.

This was the era of the charlatan and pathological liar, Erich Von Daniken, with his best selling nonsense “Chariots of The Gods. His books were so successful that they formed their own genre. I must have read close to a dozen of them.

I proved to myself Von Daniken was a complete fraud; as a personal project ,together with a friend, we checked EVERY claim in ” Chariots Of The Gods” this took 2 years, and included writing to India to buy a special book he mentions. He claimed this book gave instructions to build flying craft. It didn’t.

Pathological liar: from an interview he did with Playboy in 1974. Can’t find the article. Below are a couple of articles which are interesting

erich von daniken – Malcolm Nicholson"

Now, I completely agree with you (as a card-carrying Trekkie!) that it’s highly probable that alien life forms may exist somewhere out in space. But the question of whether they exist somewhere is entirely separate from the question of whether the UFO’s that people frequently witness actually are aliens. I don’t think that’s anywhere near proven, because as you say eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable, especially when the witness WANTS to see aliens. A lot of paranormal encounters are white noise. They’re ambiguous things like lights in the sky, things seen out the corner of the eye, or in the dark, or just at the limit of resolution. You can’t be sure exactly what you’re seeing. But under certain circumstances, a person’s brain will happily fill in the blank spots with whatever they were hoping to see. If they were hunting ghosts, they see a ghost. If they’re hunting aliens, they see aliens. They’re not lying or making it up; the experience is just passing through their filter of belief.

You and I could be shown a picture of the so-called “Palenque astronaut”, and we would just see a human figure in an awkward pose. To me it looks a little like a man hunched over riding a motorcycle. We think it’s mildly interesting and let it go. But a believer in Ancient Astronauts sees a man at the controls of a spaceship, because that’s what he’s been primed to see by Von Daniken. He doesn’t stop to think how ridiculous the idea is. If you tried to point it out to him, he’d just talk about another strange inscription somewhere on the other side of the world, showing something that looks superficially like some modern technology. To him, all this is cumulative evidence of something that he wants to believe anyway.

Back in 1985, our social studies teacher had us read Chariots of the Gods by Von Daniken. I am very skeptical that it was part of the curriculum, but our teacher believed the book was 100% true, and that it was important for us to know what was in it.

Neither I nor my friends were as gullible as our teacher, and we were all a bit embarrassed for our teacher. He was a nice guy and was an alright teacher, but even as kids, we had a good idea that his ideas about this were crazy.

I haven’t really thought of that book in decades. I’ll have to see if I can find a copy of it and read it again.

Advocatus: "Now, I completely agree with you (as a card-carrying Trekkie!) that it’s highly probable that alien life forms may exist somewhere out in space. But the question of whether they exist somewhere is entirely separate from the question of whether the UFO’s that people frequently witness actually are aliens."
Yup. The questions of, "Do aliens exist?" and, "Are we being visited by aliens?", are entirely separate questions. Of course the second one can only be true if the first one is true, but that's the only connection they have.

I always feel bad for people who think aliens would fly around and be visible to us after crossing lightyears of space. How sad for those people to have such a pathetic imagination that they imagine a civilization as advanced at that would act as stupid as the average believer in aliens.

“I always feel bad for people who think aliens would fly around and be visible to us after crossing lightyears of space. How sad for those people to have such a pathetic imagination that they imagine a civilization as advanced at that would act as stupid as the average believer in aliens.”

Good point. Hadn’t thought of that. My basic thought has been why would a civilisation that advanced want to visit our little rock? I mean, we still haven’t learned how to stop killing each other in large numbers. We still have individual countries. I have always imagined that significant space travel will need to be cooperative on a global scale.

–and then there’s the bleedin’ obvious: Why do we assume such beings will be benign or even share our sense of morality? The UFO crowd seems to think visitors will be like the Vulcans. For all we know they may be like the Borg. Can’t say I’m in a hurry to met them.

One of my favourite ‘Twilight Zone’ episodes is called “To Serve Man” .The clip below gives a 4 minute summary (spoiler). There is a full 41 minute radio episode on Youtube