Try-Hard Behavior

In lighter news (no pun intended) boomer democrats threw on some African swag in a goofy attempt to show solidarity with…black Americans?

Naturally, blacks weren’t too thrilled and some even equate it with blackface, but it was good for a laugh at the white liberals expense.

It makes one kind of feel bad for black activists because they have to cooperate with these politicians performing hollow, silly acts while retaining their white privilege.

Can’t please everyone

It makes one kind of feel bad for black activists because they have to cooperate with these politicians performing hollow, silly acts while retaining their white privilege.
The using of Kente cloth is a white politician's idea to put black Americans in their proper place: Africa. Black Americans are part of white America for better or for worse. I don't think it is right to call them African Americans.

Nancy Pelosi looks great with that Kente cloth. This wealthy woman is always well turned out.

Sree, you’re just sort of stringing words together and just barely forming sentences.

It was late, and I had a little too much to drink. You’ve got the drift. Do you agree with my first paragraph?

It was late, and I had a little too much to drink.
I do not have your "drift". And quit posting while drinking.

So that’s what the colorful scarves were about. I figured that they had some significance as African style art. I think that they are pretty. If some black people feel offended, they can get unoffended in the same scarves they got offended in.

TimB: A Southern White man telling Blacks what they should feel. When’s it gonna end.

Here’s another example.

After all, White trust fund kids do need their own anarchist communities and this is the right time to give it a shot!

I gotta admit that Seattle is the perfect city for this.

Oneguy says that TimB is A Southern White man telling Blacks what they should feel. When’s it gonna end.
People are gonna feel what they feel. I don't have to be affected, myself, however, just because some people take offense at insignificant happenings.

Some people wear an African looking scarf as an attempt at showing solidarity, and some right wing group tries to turn it into a battle between blacks and some of their supporters, and that is the most insidious of tactics. That is what is truly offensive.

Anyway the initial post that you gave showed that the right wing agitators chose to grab onto, was a tweet by an Oxford researcher who is himself a Ghana/Nigerian (not American). He was the black man who was offended. My comment was about the black person/s who was offended. The one person mentioned who was offended was not an American. He was not even a researcher in America.

He was not even a researcher in America.
Are you casting aspersion on competency of native African researchers from Ghana/Nigeria?
Are you casting aspersion on competency of native African researchers from Ghana/Nigeria? -- Sree
No, he's not, but you are trolling. I'm not going to explain it to you, because that's what a troll is trying to get people to do.

I will explain it for the benefit of any non-trolls that may read this thread. The complaint was about Congresspersons wearing the brightly colored scarves as a sign of their unity with African Americans. Some of those Congresspersons wearing the scarves were also African Americans, in case you did not notice.

Then somebody finds an African (not American) who is doing research at Oxford (also not in America) who has their cultural feelings hurt, and then tries to ignite a battle between actual Americans of African descent and those in power who wish to support their fellow black Americans.

It is a simple tactic. Easy to see if you are not blind to such things. It is a tactic used a lot by the Prora and Profa (Pro racists and Pro fascists).

Then somebody finds an African (not American) who is doing research at Oxford (also not in America) who has their cultural feelings hurt, and then tries to ignite a battle between actual Americans of African descent and those in power who wish to support their fellow black Americans.
Jade Bentil is studying for a PhD in Black Feminism and Politics. She tweeted:

“My ancestors did not invent Kente cloth for them to be worn by publicity-obsessesed politicians as “activism” in 2020.”

It is a simple tactic. Easy to see if you are not blind to such things. It is a tactic used a lot by the Prora and Profa (Pro racists and Pro fascists).
You are cooking up a lot of false narratives here from a single tweet from Ms Bentil. She took offense as registered in her succinct tweet. I interpret it differently. She was scolding American politicians - black and white - for using the Kente cloth. She is right, and I stand in solidarity with her. We Americans are an insensitive crass lot. Is this who we are or not?

Jade Bentil is an African (not American) who is doing research at Oxford (also not in America). Great. She has an opinion as does everyone who has an a-hole. She is not an American.

But as a Prora, (and, I assume, an American) you are doing well in distracting from what the Congresspersons are tryin to do. i.e, pass a law that includes

"a ban on chokeholds and a creation of a National Police Misconduct Registry. It also incentivizes states and localities to mandate racial bias training and teach officers about their "duty to intervene," among other things." https://twnews.us/us-news/congressional-democrats-criticized-for-wearing-kente-cloth-at-event-honoring-george-floyd

“The legislation is the most expansive effort in recent years to reform policing policy across the nation at a federal level, but it is expected to face strong resistance from Republicans, police unions and local officials who don’t want Washington intervening in their policy making.”

The Proras and the Profas and the RepugLIARS don’t want such legislation to pass, so they divert attention to the nonsense of wearing or not wearing colorful scarves.

One protester against police brutality was killed and another injured by an African immigrant driving the wrong way on an exit ramp. https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/woman-dies-hit-car-highway-amid-protest-71615309

SEATTLE -- A person killed Saturday when a man who drove his car onto a closed Seattle freeway and into a crowd protesting police brutality was remembered Sunday as someone who was dedicated to the cause.

The other person hit in the incident, meanwhile, remained in serious condition Sunday at a Seattle hospital.

The deceased, Summer Taylor, 24, spent the last six weeks “tirelessly standing up for others while working full time and supporting everyone around them," wrote Urban Animal on Instagram, the veterinarian clinic where Taylor worked in Portland, Oregon.

A young White Leftist “non-binary person” just trying to make a difference was snuffed out by a black man driving a luxury car in the wrong direction.

I don’t like laughing at other peoples misfortune, but you gotta admit this is funny in a dark way.

On a related note, highways are dangerous and should never be used for anything besides driving. (In the right direction please!)

I don’t like laughing at other peoples misfortune, but you gotta admit this is funny in a dark way.
I admit that it would be quite dark indeed, were it funny. But it didn't strike me as funny. Ironic at best, but not funny in any way that I could detect.

Are you sure that you don’t like laughing at certain people’s misfortunes?

Are you sure that you don’t like laughing at certain people’s misfortunes?
A good laugh doesn't hurt. What are some of your misfortunes?
A good laugh doesn’t hurt. What are some of your misfortunes?
I had a hemorrhoid ... twice (that is, two different individual hemorrhoids at two different times, that is one hemorrhoid each of the two times).

And then, there was this time, I had the misfortune of reading something that someone posted about a horribly tragic event where some really nice person was killed, and it was supposed to be “darkly humorous”, but it was really just dark, and not humorous at all.