trump's Theofascist

This is an excellent article.
If you have a chance to read it, I’d appreciate knowing your opinion.
Trump’s Theofascist
" . . . Bannon has made common cause with traditionalist Catholic critics of Pope Francis, especially U.S. cardinal Raymond Burke. At a meeting in the Vatican in 2014, the two men “bonded over their shared worldview,” which includes a vision of Islam “threatening to overrun a prostrate West weakened by the erosion of traditional Christian values.” This vision also informs an eight-page screenplay draft that Bannon produced several years ago about a United States that’s been transformed into the “Islamic States of America” with the help of “enablers among us,” including “the media, the Jewish community, and government agencies.”

It seems they are trying to bring the proxy war to Vatican.
While I found myself disagreeing with the pope in many issues, I’m his supporter because he is trying to prevent the culture war from turning into a real war.
I grew up as Christian and I simply don’t want to be associated with this group anymore. Modern Christianity is defined by anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-healthcare and anti-immigrants rather than by compassion. The values that I was taught in my church were suddenly turned into ‘liberal values’. I don’t even know what the heck is going on…

Samyaza, Christians, evangelicals and other more conservative ones in particular, feel threatened by the changes taking place in society. They’re used to the world working a particular way (cisgender heterosexual men are in charge, everyone else shuts up and knows their place) and they panic when that status quo is upset. They see the struggles of women, homosexuals, trans people, people of color (let’s face it, there are often strong racial undertones to their fears and rhetoric), the nonreligious, etc to gain the same rights they have as a threat and erosion of their status in the world. Which it’s not. But because they are unable or unwilling to adapt they lash out and blame the world. It’s kind of sad really.