Trump says Ivanka treated "unfairly"

President Trump tweeted that his daughter, Ivanka, was treated “unfairly" by Nordstrom after the company announced it would stop carrying her products, but in a statement, the company defending its choice, saying “sales of the brand have steadily declined."

In fact she WAS treated fairly. What he wants is for her (and all of his kids their spouses) and himself to be given special privileges.
He doesn’t get it, does he? He still doesn’t understand that he’s the putative president. This proves yet again he’s a nothing but a spoiled brat who has tantrums.
He should have had his kids divest themselves from all business or he shouldn’t have given them government positions. But, as usual, he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. He is incorrigible as well as incompetent, and shouldn’t be president. He’s a complete disaster. If he can’t stand the heat–and if his kids can’t stand the heat–and they obviously can’t–they should all get out of the kitchen. Ivanka and Jared should never have been given government jobs in the first place. This is what nepotism results in. Trump is proving he can’t handle having family members in government positions while he’s in office.
Lois

President Trump tweeted that his daughter, Ivanka, was treated “unfairly" by Nordstrom after the company announced it would stop carrying her products, but in a statement, the company defending its choice, saying “sales of the brand have steadily declined." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/business/ivanka-trump-nordstrom-tj-maxx.html?utm_source=nl-politics-daily-020817&_r=0 In fact she WAS treated fairly. What he wants is for her (and all of his kids their spouses) and himself to be given special privileges. He doesn't get it, does he? He still doesn't understand that he's the putative president. This proves yet again he's a nothing but a spoiled brat who has tantrums. He should have had his kids divest themselves from all business or he shouldn't have given them government positions. But, as usual, he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. He is incorrigible as well as incompetent, and shouldn't be president. He's a complete disaster. If he can't stand the heat--and if his kids can't stand the heat--and they obviously can't--they should all get out of the kitchen. Ivanka and Jared should never have been given government jobs in the first place. This is what nepotism results in. Trump is proving he can't handle having family members in government positions while he's in office. Lois
Seems to me he's playing close the "Emolument" game. But who's going to hold his feet to the fire?
Emolument Clause and Trump’s entanglements - collection of news stories
https://definitions.uslegal.com/e/emolument-clause/ Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the U.S Constitution: “No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state."
__________________________________________________________ News Article Titles: * The Emoluments Clause: it’s text, meaning and application to Donald J. Trump * The Electoral College, the Constitution, and Trump's Conflicts of Interest * On Trump Conflicts, Don’t Forget The Other Emoluments Clause * Emoluments Clause Unlikely to Curb Trump’s Overseas Entanglements * New stash of legal opinions detail hurdles for Trump on emoluments ban * Conflicts on top of conflicts: Another “emoluments clause" that should bar Donald Trump from office * The Emoluments Clause — is Donald Trump violating its letter or spirit? * Donald Trump’s Business Dealings Test a Constitutional Limit * Donald Trump and the Emoluments Clause, explained * Trump's International Business Dealings Could Violate The Constitution * What is an emolument and why do we care? * One clause in the US Constitution could put Trump's foreign business connections in jeopardy * Donald Trump's Conflicts of Interest: A Crib Sheet * Democratic Senators of the 114th Congress - phone list _______________________________________________ Find the links at http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/12/emolument-clause-trump-entanglements.html

okay that particular instance is weak, however the announced plan to expand Trump Hotels
Donald Trump’s Hotel Empire Is Set to Expand | Fortune
Doubling membership rate at Mar-a-Lago
As Trump Hotels Expand, Trump Club Also Raises Fees — And Eyebrows : The Two-Way : NPR
that stuff adds up. And who knows what happening oversea and yet to be revealed?

The new lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of violating the Constitution, explained Updated by Libby Nelson Jan 24, 2017 http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/24/14358654/trump-lawsuit-emoluments-clause-constitution The case that Trump is violating the Constitution Presidents aren’t legally required to give up their businesses and investments that could be a conflict of interest while they’re in office. But since Richard Nixon, all presidents have, both to try to ensure trust in government and to provide an example for their subordinates, who are legally required to eliminate conflicts of interest. ... More important, Trump hasn’t given up ownership of the businesses. So if anybody wants to put some money in the president’s pocket, all they have to do is book a stay at the new Trump International hotel in downtown Washington, DC. The hotel, which has a sales position dedicated to diplomats, has successfully attracted foreign governments to book events and rooms: Azerbaijan celebrated Hanukkah and Bahrain marked its national day at the hotel in December, and Kuwait is scheduled to hold its own celebration there in February.

Another one hot off the press. Getting closer to the line

Kellyanne Conway turns saleswoman, tells people to buy Ivanka's line of clothes http://mashable.com/2017/02/09/conway-pitches-for-ivanka/#HlwjRKZbRaqp BY MARCUS GILMER A day after President Donald Trump pulled some shady business shenanigans regarding his daughter's fashion brand, White House spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway threw her support behind Ivanka Trump. SEE ALSO: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus ditch Ivanka Trump lines] During an interview with Fox & Friends on Thursday morning, Conway hawked Ivanka's line multiple times. The bizarre plug happened during a discussion that revolved around President Trump's recent tweet attack on clothing store chain Nordstrom, which announced on Feb. 2 it would drop Ivanka's line from its stores. At one point, Conway transformed from spokesperson for the highest elected office in the United States to commercial pitch-woman, cheerily declaring, "I'm going to give it a free commercial here, go buy it today." She closed her interview by saying, “Go buy Ivanka’s stuff is what I would tell you. I hate shopping, I’m going to go get some myself today. ..."
What's a little hustling for an amoral Administration.
Another one hot off the press. Getting closer to the line
Kellyanne Conway turns saleswoman, tells people to buy Ivanka's line of clothes http://mashable.com/2017/02/09/conway-pitches-for-ivanka/#HlwjRKZbRaqp BY MARCUS GILMER A day after President Donald Trump pulled some shady business shenanigans regarding his daughter's fashion brand, White House spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway threw her support behind Ivanka Trump. SEE ALSO: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus ditch Ivanka Trump lines] During an interview with Fox & Friends on Thursday morning, Conway hawked Ivanka's line multiple times. The bizarre plug happened during a discussion that revolved around President Trump's recent tweet attack on clothing store chain Nordstrom, which announced on Feb. 2 it would drop Ivanka's line from its stores. At one point, Conway transformed from spokesperson for the highest elected office in the United States to commercial pitch-woman, cheerily declaring, "I'm going to give it a free commercial here, go buy it today." She closed her interview by saying, “Go buy Ivanka’s stuff is what I would tell you. I hate shopping, I’m going to go get some myself today. ..."
The really sad thing is, I'll bet sales skyrocketed. The morons don't even know when they're being fleeced.