Trump Found Guilty

Trump is gonna win, the supreme court will nullify the court’s charge. Trump will win.

The Heller case was not about militia. They (the court) stated that they could regulate guns based on type and circumstances in the future.

A job you had doesn’t make the group you’re in anything.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: What makes you think a criminal will win and why do you support a criminal?

1 Like

Mriana,

To foretell Trump victory is not to support him.

Ultra right is rising in West, Totalitarianism holds the power in Russia and China, authoritarianism and illiberalisme in India, in Argentina among others … Trump can win, and i regret it. But it is useless to break the thermometer.

1 Like

The definition of well regulated militia was relevant enough to the decision:

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22-28.

True enough. It’s just an example of how juggling around definitions easily over complicates things.

Yes. The same could be said about the so-called militias some of them belonged to.

I don’t know, for arikel88 it might be. He seems to love the dotard.

Isn’t that what you are doing?

Wasn’t it Trump, as President, that was signalling a “select militia”?

2 Likes

Let’s remember that Hitler’s SS was also a “select militia”.

Yes, and that’s what the Heller amendment says the 2nd was designed to protect against. So I can’t figure why Guy is saying The Proud Boys qualify under it. If Trump thought the US was being taken over, why didn’t he call up the regular military?

The dotard encourage the Proud Boys and others to take over the Capital, so he wasn’t going to call the military given that they were doing his bidding.

1 Like

Say what? Proud Boys aren’t considered a militia by anyone besides wacky liberals. Oath Keepers are considered a militia by some organizations – mostly because a lot of them are veterans and that means they could be more dangerous. However, neither are Trump’s personal gunslingers as Mriana believes.

I brought up the Heller amendment just to point out that one of the old definitions of a well organized militia = able bodied citizens is still legally recognized.

Aren’t you being cute. Anything you don’t like, you label as wacky liberal stuff, so it’s pretty meaningless. Oh and remember the GOP, never, ever, ever admit to anything - it’s always someone else fault.

The Proud Boys say recruitment is growing and they’re ready to serve again as Donald Trump’s unofficial protection force.

By ARAM ROSTON
Filed June 3, 2024, - Reuters News

Label it how you like, this is who they are:

The Proud Boys, founded by noted racist, anti-Semite, and Islamophobe Gavin McInnes in 2016, are a group of violent, far-right extremists who often express racist beliefs.

I’m just not following you at all in this thread

I wouldn’t be so sure of that if I were you. He tells them to jump and they jump.

That’s because he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and doesn’t realize that Proud Boys et al are part of his minions.

Hunter Biden on federal gun charges goes to jury. Will see what impact this will have on elections on top of his drug convictions.

He was convicted, right? So it has “gone” to the jury. Impact is difficult to measure. Pollsters have their methods but I don’t get much clarity on something like this.

I’m less concerned about Hunter Biden’s drug convictions and illegal possession of a gun than I am the Orange Creature’s 34 counts of felony. IMHO, four felony drug charges (doesn’t matter if Hunter has more than my younger son does) is less of a concern than 34 felony charges of whatever, walking around free and a flight risk to boot. To me, the Orange Creature is more of a threat to the nation than Hunter Biden or my younger son. As my younger son said, if the Orange Creature gets back into office, he wants to run for President. I’d support my son faster than the Dotard. My son would probably do a better job. Hunter could probably do a better job even. I don’t give a damn about the drug convictions, but hush money and crap that could damage the country, as well as encouragement of overthrowing the U.S. Government, I do care about.

President Joe Biden’s son has nothing to do with elections. He is just like any other civilian.
For this to have any effect on elections is unwarranted and highly prejudicial .

Moreover, Biden’s son was not convicted for drug possession or use, but for possessing a hand-gun, something that MAGA argues is a constitutional right and SCOTUS has just declared that anyone can possess a converted fully automatic machine-gun, a weapon of mass-destruction that can fire some 500 bullets per minute.

1 Like