The wonder of pubic hair

:ahhh:
Once again the modern way turns out to be counter-productive.

Pubic hair has a job to do – stop shaving and leave it alone Emily Gibson http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/07/pubic-hair-has-job-stop-shaving I must have missed the declaration of war on pubic hair. It must have happened sometime in the last decade because the amount of time, energy, money and emotion both genders spend on abolishing every hair from their genitals is astronomical. The genital hair removal industry, including medical professionals who advertise their speciality services to those seeking the "clean and bare" look, is booming. But why pick on the lowly pubic hair? … … It is a sadly misconceived war. Long ago, surgeons figured out that shaving a body part prior to surgery actually increased, rather than decreased, surgical site infections. … Pubic hair removal naturally irritates and inflames the hair follicles left behind, leaving microscopic open wounds. Rather than suffering a comparison to a bristle brush, frequent hair removal is necessary to stay smooth, causing regular irritation of the shaved or waxed area. When that irritation is combined with the warm moist environment of the genitals, it becomes a happy culture medium for some of the nastiest of bacterial pathogens, namely Group A Streptococcus, Staphylococcus aureus and its recently mutated cousin methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). … etc., etc.

The argument in this article could be used against removing any body hair. Of course pubic hair has a purpose, but there isn’t anything really wrong with removing it.

The argument in this article could be used against removing any body hair. Of course pubic hair has a purpose, but there isn't anything really wrong with removing it.
Guess it depends on your priorities. I myself prefer substance over facades.
The argument in this article could be used against removing any body hair. Of course pubic hair has a purpose, but there isn't anything really wrong with removing it.
Guess it depends on your priorities. I myself prefer substance over facades.The true substance of a woman is found in her pubic hair :lol: Well, it's close enough.

Guess I walked into that one and I doubt I can explain it to you in any event. Here are some hints though:

Beauty Vs. Happiness, a new infographic by Feel Unique compares global stats: How does the cash spent on cosmetics compare to a nation's feeling of contentment? The answer may surprise you: The United States is number one in cosmetics spending, yet ranked number 23 on the world's "satisfaction with life" ranking. Japan is number two in cosmetics spending… and ranked 90th in satisfaction with life. Two countries that spend the least on haircare, skincare, fragrances and makeup — Netherlands and Sweden — have the best rankings in the Satisfaction With Life Index (SWLI). There's also a look at plastic sugery; Brazil counts for 13% of cosmetic procedures worldwide, yet the country ranks 81st on the SWLI. Click through the gallery fore more interesting factoids. ... http://jezebel.com/5931654/americans-spend-billions-on-beauty-products-and-are-still-pretty-unhappy/
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-things-the-beauty-industry-wont-tell-you-1303249279432
Guess I walked into that one and I doubt I can explain it to you in any event. Here are some hints though:
Beauty Vs. Happiness, a new infographic by Feel Unique compares global stats: How does the cash spent on cosmetics compare to a nation's feeling of contentment? The answer may surprise you: The United States is number one in cosmetics spending, yet ranked number 23 on the world's "satisfaction with life" ranking. Japan is number two in cosmetics spending… and ranked 90th in satisfaction with life. Two countries that spend the least on haircare, skincare, fragrances and makeup — Netherlands and Sweden — have the best rankings in the Satisfaction With Life Index (SWLI). There's also a look at plastic sugery; Brazil counts for 13% of cosmetic procedures worldwide, yet the country ranks 81st on the SWLI. Click through the gallery fore more interesting factoids. ... http://jezebel.com/5931654/americans-spend-billions-on-beauty-products-and-are-still-pretty-unhappy/
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-things-the-beauty-industry-wont-tell-you-1303249279432
I hear you, but you are just so out of it, though.
I hear you, but you are just so out of it, though.
I've heard that plenty, yet now having reached 60 and looking back at all the shit I've taken because I didn't accept the conventional wisdom of - Greed is Good, or Facades over Substance - be it on our person or in the homes and offices we build or the way we casually abuse and destroy our environment, or the way we handle foreign policy and our love with our War Machines. And considering I'm witness most of the things I feared going down - I no longer think I'm the one who's kook- while the grand promises our leaders/media/HollyWorld-society have been peddling all these decades are turn to dust and worse. I dare say with some confidence that it's the other way around. ______________________________________________________________________ Oh and about the down side of our obsession with superficial beauty 'Dirty Dozen' cosmetic chemicals to avoid ...davidsuzuki.org/issues/health/science/toxics/dirty-dozen-cosmetic-chemicals/ ShopSmart Uncovers Hidden Health Risks in Beauty Products Investigation warns of bogus ‘natural’ beauty claims, ingredients to avoid; Plus, apps that can help shoppers identify safer products pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2014/07/my-entry-2.html Beauty and Its Beast Unmasking the Impact of Toxic Chemicals on Salon Workers ...womensvoices.org/issues/reports/beauty-and-its-beast/ Mercury Poisoning Linked to Skin Products … fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm294849.htm … cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/myths/antiperspirants-fact-sheet "...Findings from a different study examining the frequency of underarm shaving and antiperspirant/deodorant use among 437 breast cancer survivors were released in 2003 (7). This study found that the age of breast cancer diagnosis was significantly earlier in women who used these products and shaved their underarms more frequently. Furthermore, women who began both of these underarm hygiene habits before 16 years of age were diagnosed with breast cancer at an earlier age than those who began these habits later. While these results suggest that underarm shaving with the use of antiperspirants/deodorants may be related to breast cancer, it does not demonstrate a conclusive link between these underarm hygiene habits and breast cancer…" Of course just like with smoking lack of "conclusive" proof means it's just fine and dandy... right? _________ … = http : // www

I once had a Chinese girlfriend. She had a cute little patch of hair, with nothing around it. No need for her to do any shaving or other unhealthy alteration of her pubic hair for cosmetic purposes. I don’t know if this is true of most Chinese women. But, I think that for other women who are not naturally blessed in the same way, their sexual partner/s should be content with scissor trimming, rather than shaving, or other bacterial encouraging practices.

I once had a Chinese girlfriend. She had a cute little patch of hair, with nothing around it. No need for her to do any shaving or other unhealthy alteration of her pubic hair for cosmetic purposes. I don't know if this is true of most Chinese women. But, I think that for other women who are not naturally blessed in the same way, their sexual partner/s should be content with scissor trimming, rather than shaving, or other bacterial encouraging practices.
Proper hygiene will take care of any bacteria. Theres a right way and a wrong way to do it. :cheese:
I once had a Chinese girlfriend. She had a cute little patch of hair, with nothing around it. No need for her to do any shaving or other unhealthy alteration of her pubic hair for cosmetic purposes. I don't know if this is true of most Chinese women. But, I think that for other women who are not naturally blessed in the same way, their sexual partner/s should be content with scissor trimming, rather than shaving, or other bacterial encouraging practices.
Proper hygiene will take care of any bacteria. Theres a right way and a wrong way to do it. :cheese: Well, honestly, it's none of my business, anyway, what people do with their pubic hair.