The riddle of the Swiss watch in the tomb of an emperor from 400 years ago

The imperial tomb of Xi Qing, which was untouched for nearly four centuries, was discovered by archaeologists from China in December of 2008.

https://dailymagazine.top/the-riddle-of-the-swiss-watch-in-the-tomb-of-an-emperor-from-400-years-ago/

The possibly must also not be excluded that the watch was dropped by an earlier explorer, and the conveniently unnamed “archaeologists” who claimed that the site had not been disturbed for 400 years was simply mistaken.

…Or, come to think of it, the possibility that entire story was made up out of whole cloth. That happens a lot on the Internet. :slight_smile:

If I found a watch in a 400-year-old tomb the last thing I woukd assume is that it was left by a “time traveler.” Using Occam’s razor, it would have been left by a person investigating the site, perhaps deliberately, after such watches were invented and made.

“Occam’s razor is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the correct one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.“ Wikipedia

Hello Lois,

How’s it going? Good to hear from you! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Re this thread - Yesterday I happened to learn about a manmade atomic bomb that went off two billion years ago. An amazing story indeed as told at.

"1.8 Million Year Old "Nuclear Reactor" Found In Africa?" - Mystery History YouTube channel.
Oh but then Occam (and a little web surfing) stepped up. For the rest of the story:
The Workings of an Ancient Nuclear Reactor

Two billion years ago parts of an African uranium deposit spontaneously underwent nuclear fission. The details of this remarkable phenomenon are just now becoming clear

It's actually an amazing story I was unaware, the truth's not as amazing as two billion years old nuclear scientists, but pretty damned interesting in its own right. At least for a little old Earth Centrist like me. ;-)

Lives in a time when time travel is available to the average Joe…still wears a wrist-watch. WHY? You have a time machine! It’s not like you’re ever going to be late for anything. Hell…almost nobody wears a wrist watch now! By the time we have time machines and flying cars and stuff, they’ll only exist in museums…like Apple computers and fidget spinners!

After scientists removed a layer of the earth around the imperial sarcophagus, archaeologists found a small piece of metal, which, when examined in detail, turned out to be a watch from Switzerland, with engraving and hands that stopped at 10:06. The crypt, according to archaeologists, had not been disturbed for four hundred years. https://www.ncespro.com/16-best-smartwatch-for-construction-worker/

The miracle is that this thread was resurrected

Oh got I suckered, stupid link goes to: “16 Best smartwatch for construction worker”

asad664 that sucks.

But I got your number.

I saw that in the URL, and though, hmmm, nah. Usually these types are one off, hit and run, not even worth blocking. But sometimes they come back.