The Pope takes a swing at ideologically obcessed Christians

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/21/pope-francis-right-wing-christians/
They have an illness and the Big Papa says so.

I’m starting to like this guy, but he still wears funny hats.

I'm starting to like this guy, but he still wears funny hats.
Let's see if he actually does anything besides offering platitudes that sound nice. I hate to be so negative but I can see him continuing to talk a good game and never actually playng it. I must admit, however that what he has to say is better than what most Popes have said. Still, I'll wait for some action. I'm an ex-Catholic so I'm quite impatient. Lois

Historically, religions have had to adapt to changing times, especially to physical, biological, and social scientific discoveries or fade away. The more rigid leaders grudgingly followed the changes by a few or even many decades, and they lost members. I believe this has been happening to the Catholics as education has spread among the countries where they are significant. This pope is more foreward looking and trying to be more relevent, not because he’s a good guy, but because he’s trying to be more attractive and build their membership back up.
He can’t make any official changes because that would require acceptance of the conservative cardinals and bishops, however, his comments will allow a great many priests to be more liberal, build their congregations, be promoted and as the old guys die off, the changes will be made new church doctrine.
Occam

For the pope, merely saying something IS action. Ordinary catholics will change their behavior merely on what he says. So kudos. Now just everyone shoosh shoosh…no one tell him he’s also adding more nails to the coffin of Christianity as an organized religion, and in general. He’s helping along the natural progression from conservative to liberal to no religion at all. Baby steps.

For the pope, merely saying something IS action. Ordinary catholics will change their behavior merely on what he says. So kudos. Now just everyone shoosh shoosh...no one tell him he's also adding more nails to the coffin of Christianity as an organized religion, and in general. He's helping along the natural progression from conservative to liberal to no religion at all. Baby steps.
That's right.
Historically, religions have had to adapt to changing times, especially to physical, biological, and social scientific discoveries or fade away. The more rigid leaders grudgingly followed the changes by a few or even many decades, and they lost members. I believe this has been happening to the Catholics as education has spread among the countries where they are significant. This pope is more foreward looking and trying to be more relevent, not because he's a good guy, but because he's trying to be more attractive and build their membership back up. He can't make any official changes because that would require acceptance of the conservative cardinals and bishops, however, his comments will allow a great many priests to be more liberal, build their congregations, be promoted and as the old guys die off, the changes will be made new church doctrine. Occam
Good points, Occam. I hope you're right. Cuthbert, too.

Gotta admit,
it’s a new sensation hearing news from the Vatican that has me wanting to high five the Pope.
Pope Francis that would be, may he live long and prosper and shake up that Catholic tree but good.

Funny; the first non-European RC Pope changing things. Who woulda thought. Maybe the power base in the RC church is changing.