The Cannondolls, "but I didn't see the knife behind his back" - HELP ME PUT TOGETHER A trump INAUGURATION PLAY LIST.

How could I have forgotten this one?
For What It’s Worth], Buffalo Springfield

There's something happening here But what it is ain't exactly clear There's a man with a gun over there Telling me I got to beware I think it's time we stop Children, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody's wrong Young people speaking' their minds Getting so much resistance from behind It's time we stop Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? What a field day for the heat A thousand people in the street Singing songs and carrying signs Mostly saying, "hooray for our side" It's time we stop Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? Paranoia strikes deep Into your life it will creep It starts when you're always afraid Step out of line, the men come and take you away We better stop Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? We better stop Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? We better stop Now, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down? We better stop Children, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down?

Ken Nodine, The Flibberty Jib]
Seems germane, from Ronald Reagan to Donald Trump, people pay more attention to style than substance. With all the talk of Trump possibly getting impeached this could be prescient.

There was this stranger who came into our town He was tall, and had a dark look about him And a special brilliance was in his eyes And when he looked at us It was the feeling he could see right down to the bottom We may have been mistaken in this But at the time, no questions were asked The questions always come later All we cared about was the mystery we sensed in this stranger And we waited to see what would happen One evening, that was different from any other He got us all together in the big auditorium He stood there, on the huge stage The only light was on him And we waited in the dark Then, out of his tallness came the chanting First, as a whisper we could hardly hear The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop It didn't make any sense We were caught up in something we didn't understand He had trapped us, without our knowing it Possibly it was his manner And we came alive to him As he slowly moved us with his chant Through the land of hush Into insistent, savage, throbbing crescendos of ecstasy As if it were the only thing we could do We started to chant with him The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop And he was up on the high stage, laughing with all his might Shouting yes, yes, yes But there were those among us who were jealous of his power Who felt they should be in the center of the stage With the light shining on them They were against our hero And the chanting And our going to be with him every free moment And so, little by little, a little later These critics set to work To make nonsense out of the sense of what we were doing And they succeeded They destroyed our hero's faith in himself He didn't have it any more After a few, disappointing times In the big auditorium The light gone out of him We all stopped going And the man who had once seemed so tall And who now seemed so much smaller Left our town Saying no, no, no We lived through the boredom of the time that followed Telling each other pale stories of what once was And what might have been if We lived on histories and hopes We did this Until the miracle we never thought would happen again, happened Another stranger came into our town And he too was tall and dark And had eyes that could look right down into the bottom of you And he got us all together in the big auditorium And with the light on him We were in the dark He chanted The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop The flibberty jib on the bipperty bop And we joined in, and the magc was in us And he was laughing And all his might was with him And he was shouting yes, yes, yes But there were those among us who were jealous and so forth You know, you know what they did Little by little, a little later They put us back on the narrow path This is the way things have been in our town For as long as anyone cares to remember By the way How are things in your town?
In case you haven't guessed, I have a playlist of protest songs. More than one actually. You'd a thunk after all that great music we'd know better than to elect someone as blatantly narcissistic, greedy and cold hearted as Donald Trump. Seems we got fooled again.
"WE" didn't elect him. We allowed him to get elected. We are guilty! Everyone will pay the price. Now we have returned to our respective bubble, lefties to bitch among themselves. And Republicans, not giving a damned, ready to ram their most radical agenda though Congress, while we whine on the sidelines. How are we guilty when most of us did everything we could do to NOT get him elected? What else could we have done that we didn't t do? It's next to impossible to change people's already made-up minds. They were sold a bill of goods and they fell for it hook, line and sinker. Those of us on the rational side did what we could. We should not be blamed for what cruelly misled people did. Why blame the innocent victims of a disaster we tried but failed to prevent? We are not magicians. It's impossible to influence people who are following the Pied Piper to oblivion. We tried. We failed. We are not the problem and we didn't cause it to happen. Put the blame where it belongs-- on the gullible people who voted for Trump.

Complacency is a reason. Not an excuse or exoneration.

While we’re posting songs from The Master
Shelter From the Storm]

'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood When blackness was a virtue the road was full of mud I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm Not a word was spoke between us, there was little risk involved Everything up to that point had been left unresolved Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm Well, the deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount But nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts And the one-eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail Poisoned in the bushes an' blown out on the trail Hunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the corn Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm Now there's a wall between us, somethin' there's been lost I took too much for granted, I got my signals crossed Just to think that it all began on an uneventful morn Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes I bargained for salvation and she gave me a lethal dose I offered up my innocence I got repaid with scorn Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm Well, I'm livin' in a foreign country but I'm bound to cross the line Beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine If I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were born Come in, she said I'll give ya shelter from the storm