Texas political news

On an out of the frying pan into the fire note:

New attorney general’s work on his first day:
http://www.fox4beaumont.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.tx/3020356a-www.fox4beaumont.com.shtml#.VMGOH-85C1s
IOW, Democrats are more screwed than ever in Texas.
On a hopefully less negative note:

On a guns, guns and more guns note:

There are actually local groups of (white) guys who go around with semi auto rifles strapped to their backs, to film police on traffic stops. (Their stated purpose is to monitor and video the police in order to insure that abuses like those in Staton Island, etc. do not occur, and to also flaunt their 2nd amendment rights.)
Also, legislation is now being proposed to, also, make open carry of handguns legal (with no license needed).

Hurray for Merica! I love those open carry nutters that walk into stores with AR-15s and crap strapped to them and then spout off about how it’s their right and they’re making people safe and blah blah BLAM blah. If they came into a place I was in like that I’d think they were a militia or something there to shoot the joint up.

Hurray for Merica! I love those open carry nutters that walk into stores with AR-15s and crap strapped to them and then spout off about how it's their right and they're making people safe and blah blah BLAM blah. If they came into a place I was in like that I'd think they were a militia or something there to shoot the joint up.
Thats also what I'd think if I saw them in my state, but in Texas I'd be fine with it. Since in Texas, you have to go big or go home, I hear.

Medical marijuana is something to be skeptical about, and that story just reads like an appeal to emotion by pot heads.

Medical marijuana is something to be skeptical about, and that story just reads like an appeal to emotion by pot heads.
Well, it probably is, but that doesn't mean the appeal is in-valid. It's just, often a more effective way to get an idea across to persons who are otherwise, rather unreasonable. If you want reason, high CBD low THC content oils extracted from such strains of marijuana probably can very effectively reduce, potentially, life and developmentally disabling seizures in kids with certain kinds of seizure disorders, without the, often, profound harsh side effects of traditional treatments. It is also reasonable, I think, to suspect that studies indicating an adverse effect of marijuana, on IQ development of kids, would not be the case for low THC content marijuana, because you can't get "high" from it. If one is skeptical about this, in lieu of more extensive scientific evidence, it remains, quite reasonable, to call for the immediate de-scheduling of low THC marijuana as a Shedule 1 narcotic, so that such research can more readily be done. Besides, that little 9-yr old is a really smart, cute kid. How could you just let her possibly die? Oh, wait... sorry, we mustn't be emotional.
Hurray for Merica! I love those open carry nutters that walk into stores with AR-15s and crap strapped to them and then spout off about how it's their right and they're making people safe and blah blah BLAM blah. If they came into a place I was in like that I'd think they were a militia or something there to shoot the joint up.
Thats also what I'd think if I saw them in my state, but in Texas I'd be fine with it. Since in Texas, you have to go big or go home, I hear. Yeah. It annoys the hell out of the cops, but they (the cops) don't react crazily. They tell the guys to move further away, and threaten to arrest them if they don't.

Also, I see that the link is broken to the first story. It was about the rules being changed in the Texas congress, such that the minority party has even less possibility to block legislation and thereby promote compromise. IOW the Republicans can make all the laws they want without pesky interference by Democrat congressmen.

A funny thing happened when a brown person expressed his second amendment rights (admittedly in Florida, not Texas, but I doubt the reaction would be different in most places).]

Exhibit A this week, from Florida: A surveillance video from a Walmart located near Tampa shows 62-year-old Clarence Daniels trying to enter the store to purchase some coffee creamer for his wife this past Tuesday. He barely steps through the automatic doors before he is pummeled by shopper Michael Foster, a 43-year-old white man.
“He’s got a gun!” Foster shouts, to which Daniels replies, “I have a permit!”
According to local news reports, Foster originally spotted Daniels in the store’s parking lot placing his legally owned handgun underneath his coat. In keeping with Florida’s well-known vigilante spirit, Foster decided to take matters into his own hands by following Daniels into the Walmart. Without warning, he tackled Daniels and placed him in a chokehold.
Police soon arrived and confirmed Daniels indeed had a permit for the handgun.
“Unfortunately, he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen,” said Larry McKinnon, a police spokesperson. “We understand it’s alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders.”

Hey, Bubba! What say we go to the Texas state house and make ourselves some gun parts!]
Members of Come and Take It (CATI) Texas plan to exercise their god given rights by literally manufacturing firearms on the steps of the State Capitol Building, January 13.
The event will run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and all gun rights activists and freedom lovers are welcome to attend in support of the Constitutional Open Carry Bill (H.B. 195) introduced by Rep. Jonathan Stickland.
Members of CATI plan to use the Ghost Gunner to literally manufacture AR-15 lowers on site.

Exhibit A this week, from Florida: A surveillance video from a Walmart located near Tampa shows 62-year-old Clarence Daniels trying to enter the store to purchase some coffee creamer for his wife this past Tuesday. He barely steps through the automatic doors before he is pummeled by shopper Michael Foster, a 43-year-old white man. "He's got a gun!" Foster shouts, to which Daniels replies, "I have a permit!" According to local news reports, Foster originally spotted Daniels in the store's parking lot placing his legally owned handgun underneath his coat. In keeping with Florida's well-known vigilante spirit, Foster decided to take matters into his own hands by following Daniels into the Walmart. Without warning, he tackled Daniels and placed him in a chokehold. Police soon arrived and confirmed Daniels indeed had a permit for the handgun. "Unfortunately, he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," said Larry McKinnon, a police spokesperson. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders."
The black man was a dumbass for putting the handgun under his coat in the parking lot. "Concealed carry" means you carry non-descriptly. Michael Foster did ok, and I hope he will just get a slap on the wrist.
Well, it probably is, but that doesn't mean the appeal is in-valid. It's just, often a more effective way to get an idea across to persons who are otherwise, rather unreasonable. If you want reason, high CBD low THC content oils extracted from such strains of marijuana probably can very effectively reduce, potentially, life and developmentally disabling seizures in kids with certain kinds of seizure disorders, without the, often, profound harsh side effects of traditional treatments. It is also reasonable, I think, to suspect that studies indicating an adverse effect of marijuana, on IQ development of kids, would not be the case for low THC content marijuana, because you can't get "high" from it. If one is skeptical about this, in lieu of more extensive scientific evidence, it remains, quite reasonable, to call for the immediate de-scheduling of low THC marijuana as a Shedule 1 narcotic, so that such research can more readily be done. Besides, that little 9-yr old is a really smart, cute kid. How could you just let her possibly die? Oh, wait... sorry, we mustn't be emotional.I take it back. The CBD should be tried, then.
...Hey, Bubba! What say we go to the Texas state house and make ourselves some gun parts!]
Members of Come and Take It (CATI) Texas plan to exercise their god given rights by literally manufacturing firearms on the steps of the State Capitol Building, January 13. The event will run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and all gun rights activists and freedom lovers are welcome to attend in support of the Constitutional Open Carry Bill (H.B. 195) introduced by Rep. Jonathan Stickland. Members of CATI plan to use the Ghost Gunner to literally manufacture AR-15 lowers on site.
I like it. Pressing limits. Somebody's gotta do it.