Does America need the law of the jungle - the second amenemnt to the US Constitution?

A mentally deranged man can buy guns; and he shoots to kill 26 people, including 20 lovely little children, at an elementary school. And the President of the USA weeps. He and the congressional leaders remain either impotent spectators or unwilling to seriously address this kind of horrible tragedies!
One man can buy more than 30 high-powered guns; and he shoots to kill 58 people and injure more than 500 people in an outdoor concert. And the President of the USA is proud to be an American because of the professionalism of the hospital staff that treated the injured and of the victims that showed the bravery to help other fellow victims. But he and the congressional leaders remain either impotent spectators or unwilling to do anything meaningful about this kind of horrible tragedies.
The tragedies keep repeating!!
Isn’t it overdue for the USA to repeal the second amendment to its Constitution? In civilized human societies, shouldn’t ordinary citizens get protection through laws and law enforces? Should they need private ownership of guns? Should guns be so easily available in this country?

A mentally deranged man can buy guns; and he shoots to kill 26 people, including 20 lovely little children, at an elementary school. And the President of the USA weeps. His administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! One man can buy more than 30 high-powered guns; and he shoots to kill 58 people and injure more than 500 people in an outdoor concert. And the President of the USA is proud to be an American because of the professionalism of the hospital staff that treated the injured and of the victims that showed the bravery to help other fellow victims. But his administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! The tragedies keep repeating!!
Isn't it overdue for the USA to repeal the second amendment to its Constitution?
No.
In civilized human societies, shouldn't ordinary citizens get protection through laws and law enforces?
Yes, along with the legal possibility of self-defense.
Should they need private ownership of guns? Should guns be so easily available in this country?
Yes.
A mentally deranged man can buy guns; and he shoots to kill 26 people, including 20 lovely little children, at an elementary school. And the President of the USA weeps. His administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! One man can buy more than 30 high-powered guns; and he shoots to kill 58 people and injure more than 500 people in an outdoor concert. And the President of the USA is proud to be an American because of the professionalism of the hospital staff that treated the injured and of the victims that showed the bravery to help other fellow victims. But his administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! The tragedies keep repeating!!
Isn't it overdue for the USA to repeal the second amendment to its Constitution?
No.
In civilized human societies, shouldn't ordinary citizens get protection through laws and law enforces?
Should they need private ownership of guns? Should guns be so easily available in this country?
Yes.
So, what do you think about the information and my comments above the questions that I asked?
A mentally deranged man can buy guns; and he shoots to kill 26 people, including 20 lovely little children, at an elementary school. And the President of the USA weeps. His administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! One man can buy more than 30 high-powered guns; and he shoots to kill 58 people and injure more than 500 people in an outdoor concert. And the President of the USA is proud to be an American because of the professionalism of the hospital staff that treated the injured and of the victims that showed the bravery to help other fellow victims. But his administration and the US Congress remain essentially impotent spectators of this kind of horrible tragedies! The tragedies keep repeating!! Isn't it overdue for the USA to repeal the second amendment to its Constitution? In civilized human societies, shouldn't ordinary citizens get protection through laws and law enforces? Should they need private ownership of guns? Should guns be so easily available in this country?
It won't be repealed. The best we can hope for is that it will be interpreted to mean what the founding fathers meant it to mean--that men could be armed in order to form militias to protect society from attack. . If you know of anyone who has been called up to serve in a civilian militia in the last 100 years, I'd like to hear about it. Meanwhile, the gun nuts think it means anyone and everyone has a right own, carry, use and stockpile guns--any kind of gun, no matter how dangerous. Here's a youtube to remind you of the idiots who have guns in the US. If only we could depend on them killing themselves before they kill anyone else! But that's a big wish. https://youtu.be/HSjcRa4XZ-M LL

You’re right; these tragedies are just going to keep repeating. It’s too to shut the barn door. Congress is too beholden to the gun lobby to even pass reasonable legislation to regulate gun ownership. It’s sad to think about, but this kind of thing is just going to keep happening while Congressmen rake in the PAC money.

You're right; these tragedies are just going to keep repeating. It's too to shut the barn door. Congress is too beholden to the gun lobby to even pass reasonable legislation to regulate gun ownership. It's sad to think about, but this kind of thing is just going to keep happening while Congressmen rake in the PAC money.
It'll keep happening until one of their loved ones gets killed. Then they'll get all righteous and complain how the Liberals have stood in the way of gun control all these years.
So, what do you think about the information and my comments above the questions that I asked?
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. Why would anyone give a shit about that, as you keep claiming there is no problem in America with guns. Who gives a fuck that a madman who owned 40 rifles and had explosives in his home and car turned an AR-15 that he bought legally into a full auto assault rifles and for 9 minutes used it to slaughter and maim hundreds. You obviously don't give a shit about human life or you wouldn't complain when those of us who do express what value it has to us. 30,000 Americans die each year from gun violence, it's a huge humanitarian crisis, don't pretend you even understand what that means... Just go back to complaining about how overemotional some of us are, this event and ones like are exactly why...
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. The government is not unable; it is unwilling to tackle the gun culture of this country; because, it is also filled with gun nuts and frauds that have been bought up by the gun makers and sellers. Even the most remarkable liberal in Congress, Bernie Sanders, is not where a civilized nation should be on the gun ownership issue. The 'bump stock ban' is nowhere near what should be done. Owning gun should not be a right. It should be a privilege that should be earned by proving mental strength and stability, by explaining the need, and after a thorough background check. Gun ownership should require license with limited time of validity. And the renewal of the license should require proving continuing mental strength and stability and background check again. It is absurd that in the USA gun is treated like a toy and like a utility donkey that could be transferred to the son by the father in the old days, with no governmental oversight as to what kind of a nut the son could be.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. The government is not unable; it is unwilling to tackle the gun culture of this country; because, it is also filled with gun nuts and frauds that have been bought up by the gun makers and sellers. Even the most remarkable liberal in Congress, Bernie Sanders, is not where a civilized nation should be on the gun ownership issue. The 'bump stock ban' is nowhere near what should be done. Owning gun should not be a right. It should be a privilege that should be earned by proving mental strength and stability, by explaining the need, and after a thorough background check. Gun ownership should require license with limited time of validity. And the renewal of the license should require proving continuing mental strength and stability and background check again. It is absurd that in the USA gun is treated like a toy and like a utility donkey that could be transferred to the son by the father in the old days, with no governmental oversight as to what kind of a nut the son could be.Well then let's agree to disagree.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. Well THAT should do a lot to lower the rate of firearm deaths.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. The government is UNWILLING to do anything. It eats into their profits.

I thought that when those Congressmen were shot during a baseball game a while back, they’d finally see the point. “Hey this time they’re shooting at US!” But sadly no, even that didn’t change anything.

No.
Yes.
Then be prepared to pay the price of more and more mass murders. There is no price too high for gun nuts.
No.
Yes.
Then be prepared to pay the price of more and more mass murders. There is no price too high for gun nuts.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. Well THAT should do a lot to lower the rate of firearm deaths.The point is one change in legislation may lead to more. (Not that I want that). ;-)
No.
Yes.
Why is it that civilized people in civilized countries don't seem to feel the need to carry guns for self defense? And why do they so seldom have a need for a gun for self defense? LL Spam line xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I disagree the government is unable to do anything. More likely that politicians are wary about loosing support from the public and donors over an issue that controversial. There has been some word] just recently about the possibility of a bump stock ban. Well THAT should do a lot to lower the rate of firearm deaths.The point is one change in legislation may lead to more. (Not that I want that). ;-) Why Does it seem to work in civilized countries among civilized people?
Why is it that cicilized people on civilized countries don't seem to feel the need to carry guns for self defense? And why do they so seldom have a need for a gun for self defense? LL
Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries! https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/ And that was found before the spectacular firearm homicides in recent years!! Doesn't the USA have a serious reason for being ashamed as a nation?
Why is it that cicilized people on civilized countries don't seem to feel the need to carry guns for self defense? And why do they so seldom have a need for a gun for self defense? LL
Different histories.