Sessions Said ‘Secularists’ Are Unfit for Government

Jeff Sessions Said ‘Secularists’ Are Unfit for Government
The attorney general nominee told a right-wing extremist three years ago that ‘without God, there is no truth.’ How would he enforce the country’s secular laws then?
Jay Michaelson
JAY MICHAELSON
Senator Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general, has come under fire for accepting an award from right-wing extremist David Horowitz.
What Sessions said when he accepted it may prove to be even more explosive.
“Ultimately, freedom of speech is about ascertaining the truth," Sessions, an Alabama Republican, told Horowitz’s audience on Nov. 14, 2014. “And if you don’t believe there’s a truth, you don’t believe in truth, if you’re an utter secularist, then how do we operate this government? How can we form a democracy of the kind I think you and I believe in… I do believe that we are a nation that, without God, there is no truth, and it’s all about power, ideology, advancement, agenda, not doing the public service."
See more at

Unbelievable, a county full of people who think their petty self-centered scared little human minds or spirits are capable of actually touching
any sort of real God of Time and Creation, Life and Love.
And we’ve given our country over to these pigs with heads so enormous that they mistake their own ego’s for God. :down:

The election of Donald Trump was not really because he was likeable. It was a protest against Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. The Democratic Party is overall more progressive than the Republican Party. However, their irresponsible and fraudulent positions and actions have antagonized the mainstream Americans. For example, 1) one cannot be a feminist and a friend of a nation that treats women like dirt at the same time; 2) one cannot be a feminist and accept symbols of oppression of women (excessive body covers) as normal at the same time; 3) one cannot claim to fight terrorism without naming the nature of the terrorism (Islamic); 4) one cannot claim to have a country without being clear that crossing of the border of that country must be through legal means.
In any case, the election win by Donald Trump could take the USA backward. However, he could turn out to be somewhat like a good dictator. After all, he was branded as a “New York Liberal” by one of his opponents; and after all, being very rich, he is able to take on a lot of other forces, such as the dishonest politicians and the dishonest commentary media (as opposed to news media).

... However, their irresponsible and fraudulent positions and actions have antagonized the mainstream Americans. For example, 1) one cannot be a feminist and a friend of a nation that treats women like dirt at the same time; 2) one cannot be a feminist and accept symbols of oppression of women (excessive body covers) as normal at the same time;
Yeah, tell me about Trump's feminist concerns. https://www.celebjihad[dot]com/category/ivanka-trump/ {WARNING ADULTS ONLY} How can you get a good anything out of someone who lives in his own fantasy world.
Jeff Sessions Has Repeatedly Disparaged ‘Secularists’ By Miranda Blue | January 11, 2017 http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/jeff-sessions-has-repeatedly-disparaged-secularists/
Slate’s Dahlia Lithwick flags an exchange from yesterday’s confirmation hearing for attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions, a Republican senator from Alabama, in which Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse pressed him about the job security a “secular attorney" would have in his Justice Department. Citing previous remarks that Sessions has made about secularism, Whitehouse asked, “Does a secular attorney have anything to fear from an Attorney General Sessions in the Department of Justice?" Sessions answered “no" before launching into a discussion of “a little concern I have that we, as a nation, are reaching a level in which truth is not sufficiently respected, that the very ideal, the idea of truth is not believed to be real and that all of life is just a matter of your perspective and my perspective, which I think is contrary to the American heritage." He added that the U.S. is “not a theocracy" and that “we should respect people’s views and not demand any kind of religious test for holding office." “And a secular person has just as good a claim to understanding the truth as a person who is religious, correct?" Whitehouse asked. “Well," Sessions responded, “I’m not sure." See the C-Span clip above for the full exchange. Sessions’ remarks got to a line of argument that he has pushed a number of times, that objective truth is impossible without a certain religious understanding. Speaking to a Faith and Freedom Coalition event last year about the importance of the Supreme Court, Sessions lamented that Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor had what he called “a postmodern, relativistic, secular mindset" that is “directly contrary to the founding of our republic." He added: “So I really think this whole court system is really important and the real value and battle that we’re engaged in here is one to reaffirm that there is objective truth, it’s not all relative. And that means some things are right and some things are wrong, and we’re getting too far away from that in my opinion and it’s not healthy for any country and it’s really not healthy for a democracy like ours that’s built on the rule of law."