I'm Offended Jeff Sessions Mistakes His Own Ego For GOD

Couldn’t decide religion or politics, sometimes there’s little difference and since it impacts every aspect of our lives, I’ll park it here.

Recently I was reminded of Senator Sessions being "offended" back in 2012 at being reminded of scientific facts.
Given that Sessions is being considered for Attorney General of the USA it's worth reflecting on the religion based absolutism
that force his blind rejection of serious observation-based scientific facts.
<strong><em>Whereas Senator Sessions is offended when handed real down to Earth facts,
I’m offended that Republicans have demolished the distinction between
their own Personal Truths and Universal Truths.</em></strong>
<blockquote><span style="font-size: .75em;"><strong>Global warming has not stopped by Ari Jokimäki
https://agwobserver.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/global-warming-has-not-stopped/</strong>
SCIENCE | TEMPERATURE | January 15. 2013
<strong>https://www.carbonbrief.org/all-the-reasons-why-global-warming-hasnt-stopped</strong>
No Pause in Global Warming | By Brian Kahn, Climate Central on June 4, 2015
<strong>https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-pause-in-global-warming/</strong>
Why It Matters That Trump's Attorney General Pick Is a Climate Change Skeptic
GRENNAN MILLIKEN | November 18, 2016
<strong>http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why-it-matters-that-trumps-attorney-general-pick-is-a-climate-change-skeptic</strong>
<strong>http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/12/co2-science-just-facts.html</strong></span></blockquote>
Compounding his base dishonesty Sessions relies on a single incomplete data set he's knowingly misrepresenting.
I’m offended that Republicans believe it’s okay to wantonly disregard rock solid down to Earth understanding.
I’m offended that the Republican avarice driven agenda hides behind a mass delusion of doing God’s Will.
Can we please get real - the God Almighty of Time and Creation, Life and Love!
How many billions of years has she been around?
Your Lord of the Bible, how many years has he been around,
moving from one strife filled petty tribal generation to the next?
Ever notice the Bible even warns all who read it, God is beyond human understanding.
But, who pays any attention?
I’m offended evangelicals have taken Jesus’ Passion and twisted and distorted it into an
Exclusive Entrance Pass for their private club.
The Secret of the Jesus’ Passion?
Jesus’ Passion is a guide and support for us as we individually traverse our own lives.
Jesus is there in spirit to help each who reaches for him
to help guide in times of trials and tribulations.
He’s about helping those who’ve reached their reckoning,
when sins and failings have done their damage and there’s no place left to go.
He offers strength to stand trial, to be justly convicted, …
to face it, own it, to absorb our own sins.
To finally understand it from the outside looking in.
Shattering our egos.
Dying on the cross of our own making.
The Glorious News is that once you’ve done it,
the promised rebirth happens, and you awaken a new person.
Your history is still yours,
but your direction, attitude and understanding is deeper.
You find yourself with tools to handle the day to day you never imagined were in you.
You finally appreciate your’s is a universal struggle,
just as for your parents and their parents and all others.
Jesus is,
not about brainwashing or absolutism, or self-delusion,
not about driving an agenda and gaining power,
not a bludgeon of judgement,
no end of the world,
no heaven or hell.
Just a guiding support for those who choose to believe.
Jesus certainly isn’t ruler of the eternal physical universe.
Jesus is a divine being of our own global societal minds,
it's a beautiful thing, but that's as far as his reach goes.
Not a <strong>Universal Truth</strong>, Jesus and the Abrahamic Faiths are <strong>Personal Truths</strong>, nothing more.
<span style="font-size: .75em;"><em>* <strong>https://thinkprogress.org/sen-sessions-i-am-offended-by-views-of-climate-scientists-8776da4af37f#.y4586ilo5</strong></em></span>

for all the endless mouth diarrhea about Atheism, the Bible, God and Faith
Why’s no one want to touch this one? :blank:

Probably because we can’t keep up with all the dishonesty, ideology, hypocrisy and greed emanating from the Republican party.

True enough coming in fast and furious.

No Christians believe everything in the Bible. They all cherry pick the parts the fir their ideologies, even the Phelps clan. One passage in Leviticus tells us to treat foreigners as part of our time and welcome them into our homes. Another says it is OK to enslave a stranger who wanders into our land. The Jesus story is a work of fiction largely created by Paul, who by his own admission had frequent hallucinations. Political leaders added onto the story over the centuries to fit their needs. Then along came John Calvin and his prosperity gospel, which started the long descent into the present mockery of Christianity that has taken over our country.

My question is when are progressives and folks of the “intellectual enlighten tribe” going to constructively yet harshly confront Christian and Right Wing assumptions that keep getting treated as settled way of looking at life - which the religious shadow-plays and fantasies certainly aren’t. {delete} too late for this discussion. Catch you later.

Personal Truths vs. Universal Truths Mistaking one's own Ego for God - Eternal billions years old God being beyond the comprehension of petty, self-survival driven humans. Acceptance of replacing objective real world facts with fabricated fiction based on LIES upon LIES upon agenda driven manipulation. {if not brain washing} (Read Breitbart and the "wonderful" successful strategy of Bannon among others.)

I’ve tried. Christians (the conservative kinds, nit those who share our values) get all pissy and call me arrogant, condescending, rude and whatever else comes to mind. They don’t want their beliefs challenged. Their beliefs are their identity, and they take challenging their beliefs as a personal attack. They don’t want to be corrected when they believe something that is not true, they want to stay comfortably numb.

I've tried. Christians (the conservative kinds, nit those who share our values) get all pissy and call me arrogant, condescending, rude and whatever else comes to mind. They don't want their beliefs challenged. Their beliefs are their identity, and they take challenging their beliefs as a personal attack. They don't want to be corrected when they believe something that is not true, they want to stay comfortably numb.
That's the essence of theistic belief.
My question is when are progressives and folks of the "intellectual enlighten tribe" going to constructively yet harshly confront Christian and Right Wing assumptions that keep getting treated as settled way of looking at life - which the religious shadow-plays and fantasies certainly aren't. {delete} too late for this discussion. Catch you later.
Personal Truths vs. Universal Truths Mistaking one's own Ego for God - Eternal billions years old God being beyond the comprehension of petty, self-survival driven humans. Acceptance of replacing objective real world facts with fabricated fiction based on LIES upon LIES upon agenda driven manipulation. {if not brain washing} (Read Breitbart and the "wonderful" successful strategy of Bannon among others.)
fleshed out a bit more
Fundamental to my perspective is the appreciation that there is a profound difference between Personal Truths and Universal Truths. Personal Truths govern matters of the human heart and soul. Keep in mind that unless you believe in the notion that Earth was created in six days, six thousand years ago, you must realize that humanity’s presence on this Earth is but a minuscule flash in the history of our miraculous planet, which will continue long after we have extinguished ourselves. Holy Books are shadow plays. They are tribal stories professing personal truths that concern the human condition and our own personal journeys as we proceed through our numbered years while grappling with our inescapable ultimate fate. Holy books with their colorful imaginations and big expectations are measured in centuries. How can they possibly represent the God of Light and Time, Creation and Love, an entity who’s awareness spans thousands of millions of years and hundreds of thousands of generations of life on this planet? Human religions speak to the Human Condition. They are real, they are valid, but they are also narcissistic and blind to the greater reality of the natural world that surrounds* us. In fact, the world that created us. (*Guess, not so much anymore, given the population explosion and mega-megalopolis where people are herded together into pens, far removed from the natural world that sustains all of us. That is the biosphere that we are devouring at an unfathomable rate.) That is the realm of Personal Truths. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Universal Truths have to do with physical reality. God’s stage so to speak. Universal Truths govern the geophysics and biology that made Earth the boundless cornucopia that humanity was born into not all that many generations ago. Science is the self-critical system intelligent humans with a thirst for understanding the world around them established in order to keep themselves honest. They have achieved incredible insights because Earth is no trickster, unlike so many of the gods humans obsess over. The scientific community is composed of intelligent, all around skeptical, (that would include self-skepticism), critical-thinking, informed, competitive individuals spanning the globe and generations. ...

Unfortunately Beaugard is one sick puppy as most of our current administration and even a handful of Democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-ambassador-during-trumps-presidential-campaign-justice-officials-say/2017/03/01/77205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html National Security Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose
facebook{DOT}com/senatoralfranken/ U.S. Senator Al Franken Many Americans are rightly concerned by the Trump team’s close ties with the Russian government and the role that Russia played in interfering with our presidential election. There’s a dark cloud over the Trump administration and there are a lot of questions still unanswered. When then-Senator Jeff Sessions testified under oath during his confirmation hearing to become attorney general, he explicitly told me that he had not been in contact with Russian officials in the course of the presidential campaign. But according to a report from the Washington Post, he actually met with the Russian Ambassador during that time period. If that's true, then I am very troubled that his response to my questioning during his confirmation hearing was, at best, misleading. In light of these revelations, I'm going to be directly pressing Attorney General Sessions to answer some tough questions about his contact with Russia and his testimony before the Judiciary Committee. The American people deserve to know the truth about what happened between Russia and the Trump team, and I believe we need thorough and impartial investigations to get to the bottom of it. It's clearer than ever now that the attorney general cannot, in good faith, oversee an investigation at the Department of Justice and the FBI of the Trump-Russia connection, and he must recuse himself immediately.