Second Best Actor Ever

Ok let’s liven up this party. Jack Nicholson is the best actor. Ever. And his best movie was Cuckoos Nest. Since this is the absolute and verifiable truth, respond with whomever you think is the 2nd best actor. GO.

John Hurt or Peter O’ Toole

John Hurt or Peter O' Toole
Wow, wrong by a longshot. Plus you can't even make up your mind about an avatar. How are we supposed to trust your posts.

Gerard Butler, Andrew Garfied, Silverster Stalone, Mel Gibson, Luke Evans, Liam Nieeson, Liam Hamsworth, his brother Chris Hamsworth, Terry Cruise, , Kevin Costner, Sam Worthington, dolph lundgren, Denzel Washington, Gabriel Burns, Pierce Brosnan, Arnold Swatzenegger, Jim Carrey, Robin Williams, etc.
Hollywood nut, I am. I admit. love them aaaaaaaaaaal LOL. :lol:
Not to mention Peter O’Toole and John Hurt, so I agree with our friend up theeere…

…Who else :coolhmm: ? have I forgotten any?
…Of course I have: Not the least: Benedict Cumberbatch, he played the gay Mathematician who first invented what is now known as COMPUUUTEEERS in “Imitation game”. Outstanding movie!!! Highly recommend it. Richard Dawkins mentioned the mathematician in question in his book The God delusion.
And where I really liked him at first is the British mini series “Sherlock Holmes”!!! Only 6 episodes. I don’t even like that stuff but, HE,made me LOVE IT. He was such killing performer there. OMG, loved him so much.

The Alan Turing portrayed in the Imitation Game was allegedly way less socially adept than the real guy. Good movie, though. I was a little disappointed in the marketing for that movie as very historically accurate, when they made a lot of choices that deviated from the historical record.
If you don’t generally like Sherlock Holmes, you definitely should not check out the BBC series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. His portrayal, despite some fine work by other actors as Holmes in other films and series, is still considered the best.

Ok let's liven up this party. Jack Nicholson is the best actor. Ever. And his best movie was Cuckoos Nest. Since this is the absolute and verifiable truth, respond with whomever you think is the 2nd best actor. GO.
Buster Keaton!
If you don't generally like Sherlock Holmes, you definitely should not check out the BBC series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. His portrayal, despite some fine work by other actors as Holmes in other films and series, is still considered the best.
:wow: :lol: I shit you not, I just dropped by because I started watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKCyfpcOIs and it got me to thinking and then it got me to deciding to finally comment over here and ask "Okay, who's the best Sherlock Holmes actor?" Yes, my vote goes to Jeremy Brett. Cumberbatch was fun the first couple episodes (my gal fell in love with the series, so I've watched all of them, a couple twice.) but then it got too twenty-first century out of hand. Now I'm after some comfort-food show and Jeremy Brett fills the bill. :-P
:wow: :lol: I shit you not, I just dropped by because I started watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKCyfpcOIs and it got me to thinking and then it got me to deciding to finally comment over here and ask "Okay, who's the best Sherlock Holmes actor?" Yes, my vote goes to Jeremy Brett. Cumberbatch was fun the first couple episodes (my gal fell in love with the series, so I've watched all of them, a couple twice.) but then it got too twenty-first century out of hand. Now I'm after some comfort-food show and Jeremy Brett fills the bill. :-P
I have the entire collection of TV episodes and films. I didn't realize they would be on Youtube. Note sure if that's entirely legal; the BBC likely still has copyright. Still, a good resource for the curious to see if these are of interest. :)

Ah, here is the first episide: - YouTube

The Alan Turing portrayed in the Imitation Game was allegedly way less socially adept than the real guy. Good movie, though. I was a little disappointed in the marketing for that movie as very historically accurate, when they made a lot of choices that deviated from the historical record.
Hollywood (if Hollywood is the one behind that movie, didn't pay attention) strays from the facts often when the plot of a movie is based on real events.
If you don't generally like Sherlock Holmes, you definitely should not check out the BBC series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. His portrayal, despite some fine work by other actors as Holmes in other films and series, is still considered the best.
B4 Cumberbatch, I would not have, but after him, I absolutely will check it out. The only thing I worry about is if Jeremy outdone him as I want Cumberbatch, in my head, to remain on the top, as far as that. But I will check it out, txs. I have yet to watch the second batch of BC follow up of SH yet.

Andrew, I just saw the episode. Jeremy is quit good but I love how Cumberbatch made it into a contemporary series. Plus he was I think sharper than Jeremy, Not performance wise. Just sharp. I like him better :wink: . Thank you so much.

Ok let's liven up this party. Jack Nicholson is the best actor. Ever. And his best movie was Cuckoos Nest. Since this is the absolute and verifiable truth, respond with whomever you think is the 2nd best actor. GO.
Buster Keaton!Now we're talking! ba-dum-dum. I can barely watch Charlie Chaplin, just no comparison.

Haha I love the premise of this. A lot of people would say Daniel Day Lewis or Marlon Brando, but if I’m being honest I’d say… Paul Newman.