Searching for « Capybara »

Hello. This is my first post. I arrived here by following the tutorial on how to use the forum and specifically how to follow « disco bot » instructions. I assume I have failed the final exam of the tutorial. :frowning: But at least I know how to make a frowning emoji. !

Looks like you did fine. Introduce Yourself is a great place to start. There are some restrictions on new members, but they don’t last long

What newbies get to take a course and pass an exam, sort of like becoming a citizen, cool :smiley:

Well congratulations aafreethinker, looking forward to hearing from you.

Oh and what’s your Capybara story aafreethinker - that’s what hooked me.

I didn’t know there was a test. Welcome to the forum.

I tried injecting a bit of humor in that first post to this forum. True that there wasn’t a test, per se. If there was one, I would have failed, as the @discobot tutorial said that there was a surprise awaiting me if I successfully completed the final lesson. I discovered no such surprise.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I was following the @discobot tutorial to learn how to use this forum, prior to my first post. The tutorial instructed me to search the forum for the keyword “capybara”. Unfortunately, the search was null. I arrived at a dead end but fortunately, it was step # 15 out of 15 steps total. So, I learned enough to at least respond to kind folks like yourself who want to know the back story.

I got one hit on chupacabra, from 9 years ago

Introductions
Whoops, I almost omitted presenting a short synopsis of “Who is AAFreeThinker1”. So, following the suggestion by @lausten, this is me:
I’m a sixty-eight-year-old man, living in Southern California, adopted as a child by a fervent Catholic uncle and aunt, but knew both my biological parents as non-religious and lovers of nature. As a foster child, I was lucky to have experienced living with families with less fanatic spiritual beliefs. Thanks to the GI bill, I graduated with a degree in the biological sciences with strong interests in philosophy and computer science. I worked and retired from public service and currently spend my time with my same sex partner. I enjoy such varied interests as: Physical fitness, 3D Printing, Programming, Gardening, Piano, French language learning. My favorite authors and speakers are Richard Dawkins, Neil DeGrass Tyson, Richard Feynman, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Albert Einstein, Lawrence Krauss, and so, so, many more. I look forward to reading, hearing, and learning more from these gifted people. :slight_smile: If I could have one wish come true, it would be that those people who I love and care for and who are hopelessly locked into a pointless belief in supernatural beings and deities that they could see and appreciate the unmasked beauty of this complex universe that we call reality.

I was too. That’s the problem with the written word- you can’t actually hear the person’s voice to get the joke they are trying to convey or if they are trying to be funny.

That’s a pretty good foundation to start with.
Welcome to CFI.

Searching for « Capybara .

To close this thread, Capybara is a rodent .

The capybara[a] or greater capybara (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris) is a giant cavy rodent native to South America. It is the largest living rodent[2] and a member of the genus Hydrochoerus. The only other extant member is the lesser capybara (Hydrochoerus isthmius). Its close relatives include guinea pigs and rock cavies, and it is more distantly related to the agouti, the chinchilla, and the nutria. The capybara inhabits savannas and dense forests, and lives near bodies of water. It is a highly social species and can be found in groups as large as 100 individuals, but usually live in groups of 10–20 individuals. The capybara is hunted for its meat and hide and also for grease from its thick fatty skin.[3] It is not considered a threatened species
Capybara - Wikipedia

Did you know they’re considered the chillest creature around.
Even if they sometimes show up where they aren’t wanted.

Did You Know Animals ?

These are incredibly loveable rodents. I never knew or I would have had a bunch on the farm. I want to know more about this wonderful creature.

Every animal loves them!