Schumer: GOP's Indulgence Of 'MAGA Republicans' Will Backfire

Okay, so it was all day, ten hours it seems.

Michaelcrawford, like I said big place,
why no concern about the crimes that seems to have been committed?
(yeah, yeah, there will be trial to determine that, still there’s plenty of solid evidence and indicators that it’s very real. Meaning there needs to be consequences for the perpetrator. First comes investigation, then comes trial, I appreciate we are still in the investigation phase.)

The quiet man has spoken.

The man does know how to make an entrance, so take it to about 25:15.

Watching him, I can imagine somewhere under all that cool demeanor, there’s a boy who’s mama taught him, “he who laughs last, laughs best, trust yourself and move forward.”

She would be proud.

And now, Team trump must decide if they want the world to see the warrant - what they were looking for - and what they got.

DOJ asked to tell court by Friday if Trump opposes its unsealing request

From CNN’s Tierney Sneed

The Justice Department has been instructed by a federal court in Florida to confer with former President Donald Trump about its request to unseal certain warrant documents from the FBI Mar-a-Lago search.

The court must be told by 3 p.m. ET on Friday if Trump opposes the release.

And of course if there is damning evidence, he’ll just say that wasn’t in his house and the criminal, corrupt FBI planted it there. Fake Documents.

He’ll say that, but I’m getting the feeling they’ll say, tough, times up.
Looks like Garland is a better poker player than the GOP sycophants.

Damning new details on the timeline leading up to the FBI search of Trump’s Mar-A-Lago property. The New York Times reports Trump was subpoenaed in the Spring, far ahead of execution of a legally ordered search warrant. Attorney General Garland “personally approved” the search and called Trump’s bluff in a rare press conference.

Former Federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti joins MSNBC’s Ari Melber saying the DOJ gave Trump every chance to turn over documents, even treating Trump with “kid gloves.”

Here’s something interesting, guess it’s deep background at this point still worth sharing:

by Artin Afkhami
January 25, 2018

Before setting out each scenario and then the Timeline, it may bear reminding that under U.S. federal criminal law, the definition of obstruction of justice includes anyone who “corruptly … or by any threatening letter or communication … endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede” a criminal investigation. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Manual, even a mere attempt to pursue those ends is enough for obstruction, regardless of whether the attempt succeeds. The criminal standard matters if prosecutors were ever to consider pressing charges while Trump is President (a period in which he may be immune from indictment) or after he leaves office. The federal definition could also serve as a background for impeachment proceedings, although Congress would not be tied to the strict definitions of existing criminal law. Finally, there is always the court of public opinion.

What are the three scenarios that prosecutors, members of Congress, and the public could consider under the heading of obstruction of justice?

• First, any attempts to unlawfully have FBI Director James Comey drop the investigations of Michael Flynn
  • Second, any attempts to unlawfully interfere with FBI or congressional investigations into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian officials during the 2016 election
  • Third, any attempts to unlawfully interfere with the FBI or congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election (having nothing to do with any alleged Trump campaign collusion)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch today:

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell explains how Attorney General Garland “has handled the most important week of his life flawlessly” and says “Donald Trump has no idea what to say now with Merrick Garland closing in on him.”

It just keeps getting crazier.

Julian Borger în Washington

Fri 12 Aug 2022 00.17 EDT

FBI searched Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home for classified nuclear weapons documents – report

The Washington Post cited people familiar with the investigation as saying nuclear weapons documents were thought to be in the trove the FBI was hunting in Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. They did not specify what kind of documents or whether they referred to the US arsenal or another country’s.

:japanese_goblin: The report came hours after the attorney general, Merrick Garland, said he had personally authorised the government request for a search warrant and revealed that the justice department had asked a Florida court for the warrant to be unsealed, noting that Trump himself had made the search public. …

The court told the government to present its motion to Trump’s lawyers and to report back by 3pm on Friday on whether Trump objected to the warrant being unsealed. …

Trump was particularly fixated on the US nuclear arsenal while he was in the White House, and boasted about being privy to highly secret information. …

When too much is never enough.
:japanese_ogre:
Will the trump’s head finally burst, that is the question of the hour.

I can see the cartoon: A supersized baby trump in diapers, in his playpen surrounded by nuclear secrets and pretty shiny metals from foreign dictators. MAGA man

And to think, that poor man in Cincinnati died for a lie.

/snark /sarc /cyn

Whose nuclear weapons?

michaelcrawford, it’s not a search for nuclear weapons, but the documents about them. He wasn’t supposed to take the documents. They were suppose to stay where they were, but given that he may have and if he did, then that means he’s guilty of another crime. The judge would not have issued the warrant unless there was substantial evidence to warrant a search warrant. Apparently, there was enough, which doesn’t surprise me in the least.

That said, maybe this will help with the conversation, because, apparently, it’s not just about documents concerning nuclear weapons, but other documents he stole:

Document about whose nuclear weapons?

Are you serious? Whose do you think?

Does it matter?

Does it even matter what the subject was?

They were searching for classified documents that shouldn’t have left the premises.

Hmmm… I wonder how much the “Golden Showers” original is worth (or worth keeping hidden)?
Either in cash or information.

Poker … Chess …

“This is a pro move,” Phil Mudd, a former FBI and CIA official, said of Garland’s actions on “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.”

“This is not the movement of a pawn. This is a movement of something between a rook and a queen.”

1 Like

I stand corrected.

Not only that, if he keeps going, he might be a shoe-in for TIME’s Man Of The Year.

:slight_smile:

Schumer is incorrect all of this debacle is A distaction this is all about who will be the next president just A wast of taxpayer’s money and people don’t have food on the table. Instead of getting Biden’s son dirty laundry and exposing more corruption.

That’s all you kind can ever do, allege this, allege that, while we have nuclear weapons documentation removed from your deities homestead.

… and you’re still stuck on Hillary…

I can’t personally verify it, but that’s why we have a justice system with judges and a chain of evidence.

Well folks, it looks like a classic (new for the US) case of espionage and possible treason . The sell-out of an entire nation for personal gain.

Trump may spend the rest of his life behind bars.

I wish I had saved the article, but there were other docs they were looking for too. They carried out docs so I guess that means they found what they were looking for.

Selling nuclear technology to the Saudis? Disappointing its not russiagate