Scalia

“There are those who contend that it does not benefit African-Americans to get them into the University of Texas, where they do not do well, as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school, a slower-track school where they do well,” he said.
Antonin Scalia
That’s exactly what they said about Italians during the great Italian immigration. Someone should have put Scalia in a less-advanced, slower-track school where he might have done well–working on the railroad. The US would have been a much better place if that had happened.

Where do you work-a John?
Where do you work-a John?
On the Delaware Lackawan.
What do you do-a John?
I push, I push, I push.
What do ya push-a John?
I push-a, push-a da broom.
Where do ya push-a John?
On the Delaware Lackawan, awan, awan, awan,
Where do you you work-a John?
What do you do-a John?
I push, I push, I push.
What do ya push-a John?
I push-a, I push-a da drum…
Then substitute the word “truck” for “broom”.
Chorus)
Some think the world was made for nothin’ but pushin’,
And so do I, and so do I.
Where do ya work-a Wop?
On the Washington Monument’s top.
What do ya do-a Wop?
I push a mop at the top.
I thought they fell.
They fell like a push.
Where do ya work-a Joe?
I push-a da slide trombone…,
Where do ya work-a Zack?
I work on da railroad track.
I push-a, I push-a da spike…
Where do ya work-a Pete?
I work on da city streets…
Where do ya work-a Joe?
I really can’t say you know.
Don’t you push-a Joe?
Strike me pink, but I don’t know…
Where do you work Marie?
At the opera company.
What do ya do Marie?
I push, I push, I push,
What do ya push Marie?
I push, I push high-C.
Where do ya push Marie?
At the opera company, ny, ny, ny, ny,
At the opera company…,

This glorified Italian Scallion, was the champion of a “Dead Constitution”. He said, and I quote: “It’s dead, dead, dead.”
By that he meant that it must be interpreted, now and in the future, in the fixed meaning at the time it was originally drafted. Hundreds of years of technological and cultural changes make no difference in how one jot or tittle, should be interpreted. It doesn’t matter that our founding fathers had no clue what the world would be like hundreds of years in their future, (it doesn’t even matter what those founding fathers would think now) the Constitution must be interpreted in what they intended in their time.
This is a convenient way of looking at the Constitution, if one wants our culture to revert to what it was hundreds of years ago. Rubio has vowed to find someone just like Scalia to replace Scalia. The Republicans in Congress have already vowed to block even a vote on a replacement nominee this year.
Scalia is dead, but the reactionary ideology that he championed in his position of great power, is thriving.

By that he meant that it must be interpreted, now and in the future, in the fixed meaning at the time it was originally drafted.
That is such nonsense. Most of the Constitution is the result of compromises agreed to so that the thing would get signed and ratified. If they thought it was perfect and permanent, why did they create the loophole for amendments? To agree it is meant to last for all time is to say that black slavery should never have been ended and women should never have been given the vote (both positions that Scalia and the GOP are still wishing was true). By their reasoning, the 2nd Amendment should allow one smooth bore musket per household for the sole purpose being called up for the local militia. That was the original intent. If the Constitution should never be changed from the "Founding Father's" intent, no hand guns, no conceal and carry, no automatic weapons. Conveniently it has always only been dead where it fits their cock-eyed world view and alive to re-interpretation where it suits their needs. But wait! Amendments should not be allowed since the meaning was fixed with the original drafted document, therefore their stance should be that there are no 2nd Amendment rights to bear arms.

It continues to gall me that, even with appropriate respect for the recently deceased and all, we are treated to all the rhetoric about the brilliant judge that was A. Scalia. What nonsense! He was an awful Supreme Court Justice. Finally an article came to my attention that called “a spade a spade”:
Scalia Looking Back]

Scalia Looking Back]
Thanks Paineman, I took the liberty of taking key quotes from that linked article, in order to form:
A Eulogy for Justice Antonin Scalia
(If Eulogies told the Truth)
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia “…devoted his professional life to making the United States a less fair, less tolerant, and less admirable democracy… Belligerent with his colleagues, dismissive of his critics, nostalgic for a world where outsiders knew their place and stayed there…His revulsion toward homosexuality, a touchstone of his world view, appeared straight out of his sheltered, nineteen-forties boyhood… He pioneered “originalism,” a theory holding that the Constitution should be interpreted in line with the beliefs of the white men, many of them slave owners, who ratified it in the late eighteenth century…Scalia spent thousands of words plumbing the psyches of the Framers ((of the Constitution), to conclude (wrongly, as John Paul Stevens pointed out in his dissent) that they had meant that individuals, not just members of “well-regulated" state militias, had the right to own handguns…he lunged at opportunities to overrule the work of Presidents and of legislators, especially Democrats. Scalia helped gut the Voting Rights Act, overturn McCain-Feingold and other campaign-finance rules, and, in his last official act, block President Obama’s climate-change regulations. Scalia’s reputation, like the Supreme Court’s, is also stained by his role in the majority in Bush v. Gore. His oft-repeated advice to critics of the decision was ‘Get over it.’ Not long ago, Scalia told an interviewer that he had cancelled his subscription to the Washington Post and received his news from the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Times (owned by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon’s Unification Church), and conservative talk radio. In this, as in his jurisprudence, he showed that he lived within the sealed bubble of contemporary conservative thought…Scalia “wanted the world to be in uniform and at a sort of moral attention forever."